Trolled hardcore by Elegon in LFR

So yesterday in LFR this happened in the last phase at 30%..

Apparently it was time for Focus Power. Orbs came out, hit the pillars and floor actually disappears and kills us all. Anyone seen this happen before? Absolutely no way to survive if he decides to do this.. I tried to bolt for the edge anyway but not happening with 4 fps >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    *blink* So wait... you pushed him to phase 3... before there had been 2 rounds of focus power or...?

I'm trying to get this, was it a bug where there was a random 3rd phase 2?

Or did the dps push the boss so hard that he decided it was time for the 3rd phase and just cast focus power over it anyway...?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Haha, that is amazing. A serious lack of programming from Blizzard there ...

Essentially, what you've done is push to many phases to occur at the same time. Nothing you could've done, as the beam around the edge would've killed you unless you had good healers and cooldowns popped.

Hasn't happened to me as I haven't done MSV LFR in many many weeks, but yes, weird things happen with high DPS on Elegon LFR. Some of my guildies would purposely go in there as a group to intentionally try to break the fight, as the typical LFR has more of a spread in skill/DPS level so it happens less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    *blink* So wait... you pushed him to phase 3... before there had been 2 rounds of focus power or...?

I'm trying to get this, was it a bug where there was a random 3rd phase 2?

Or did the dps push the boss so hard that he decided it was time for the 3rd phase and just cast focus power over it anyway...?
    This was an extra third spark phase. Last phase started normally, energy cascade and everything looked fine until 30% when he started casting. Raid dps was pretty bad as well- notably a few dummies dove into the pit, someone lusted on the pull AND no one killed the sparks at the back so we didn't actually kill any spark waves which is the only factor I can think of that could have caused it.

Yeah, he is not programmed too well.
    We had the 2nd p1 and p2 occur at the same time the other week on heroic 10man.
    He was 1) spawning protectors, 2) breathing, 3) spawning the orbs.
    We managed to kill 2 waves of orbs with the protectors and having to tank the boss.
    However, when an orb hit and the walls were raised, when we ran out he did his aoe deathgrip thing and pulled us all back in lol.
    I think it was because we pushed him to 50% before he started p1 back up again.

Deleted
    Had this a few weeks back in lfr on an alt. The raid dps was so high that elegon pulled the whole raid into him when everyone was outside with the pillars.

How do you survive anything running at 4fps?

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually killed Elegon yesterday in heroic before second Pillar phase. We were unable to collect the loot!
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    Yes we had the same thing, we pushed him too hard and he transitioned into p3 and then did another p2..floor disapeared when the outside was covered in lightning

Lovely coding on Elegon there, also like to note the chat log in the third screenshot. Sums up LFR quite nicely.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    How do you survive anything running at 4fps?
    My old computer would get 2-4 FPS on Elegon 25 and Sha of Anger. 30+ on everything else. Luckily I do 10 man normal, not 25, so it was only ever an issue on LFR Elegon and Sha of Anger, both of which are too easy to matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Lovely coding on Elegon there, also like to note the chat log in the third screenshot. Sums up LFR quite nicely.
    Haha, that Shaman.

Deleted
    more dots pls

I posted a strange behavior of Elegon long ago :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18786996

First Orb phase, 9 stacks, health below 50%. He started his second Orb phase while the pillars were popping, resulting a pillar bug and endless adds with immune boss...

Edit : for low FPS, turn off Recount

Happened to us during heroic kill lol..it has something to donwith people falling into the hole..we had one dps fell into the hole lol