Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    Dante's Inferno, as in Fire.. even your own quote you contradict yourself! You realize that is a COMEDY right? So including some satirical reference is PART of the manuscript as it was written....

HELL is HOT not COLD.
    What is this, I don't even...

The ninth circle of Hell is frozen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante's_Satan

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:23 AM ----------

You keep contradicting yourself.. comedy was indeed STILL a "comedy", the Greeks had comedies, so they KNEW what it meant LONG before Dante... Greeks as in Ancient greeks as in Dieties and Greek gods and goddesses .. besides you JUST said it again.. Fire and brimstone, which is ALSO a HELL reference...

Thanks for qualifying and confirming that HELL is HOT NOT COLD as you keep trying to suggest. Fire and Brimstone is from the bible which is a direct reference to HELL!

The philosopher Aristotle wrote in his Poetics (c. 335 BC) that comedy is a representation of laughable people and involves some kind of blunder or ugliness which does not cause pain or disaster.[1] C. A. Trypanis wrote that comedy is the last of the great species of poetry Greece gave to the world.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_comedy

Besides Dante is ONE author and it was from HIS point of view, doesn't make him the authority on what HELL actually is.. Dante's hell may be COLD, but HELL is NOT
    Good thing Dante was a Renaissance Italian and not an ancient Greek then. And what makes your interpretation of Hell any more valid?
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-02-13 at 07:25 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played WoW and other multiplayer video games enough years now that many things bother me less than they would have ten years ago. Although I am generally an easily irritated person, frequent and common misspellings and slang are mostly met with apathy nowadays.

The only thing that bugs me really now is overuse of slang terms where instead of being a contextually-acceptable slang term in conversation it has completely replaced the proper term as the exclusive term used in all contexts, ever. Like, if someone says, "I bring the deeps" when I'm looking to fill out some DPS slots in my group, that's fine. If every time they want to refer to a DPSer or DPS or any sort of damage ability they say "deeps" including in voice chat, strategy guides, and more serious contexts, I want to punch them in the fucking mouth. "Oh, I rolled a d000dad because d000dad's have the best lore, and I think it would be cool to be a feral d000dad, I made my d000dad look like the d000dad NPC So-and-so." AHHHH.

Slang is fine. Using it exclusively is irritating. Not because it's slang, but because now you're the virtual equivalent of that guy who finishes every single sentence with "y'know."

*twitch*

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    U mad bro.

I use it on occasion but when people I know are trolling or being dumb use it I'm like "........."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You're not "transferring" anywhere, so I'm not sure where you got that from. It's multiple servers crossing over each other so that people in both worlds appear in the same one. You are still on your own realm, regardless of which people you can see from others, you're not transferring off to one big special server that accommodates 5+ realms every time you log in. Do you know what a crossover is, as that's a fairly common term as well which indicates the same thing.
    We are talking about character transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    We are talking about character transfers
    Ah, nevermind then, I see now misread the context of the original post I quoted. My apologies!

But yeah, xfer is just being plain lazy, no logic there. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Ah, nevermind then, I see now misread the context of the original post I quoted.

But yeah, xfer is just being plain lazy, no logic there. LOL
    Go read my post at the top of the 3rd page. xfer makes perfect sense.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that gets my goat is those who misspell Rogue as Rouge.

Tank's aren't literal tanks. Little known fact.
    Last edited by Aberration; 2013-02-13 at 07:55 PM.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Svenok View Post
    the only thing that gets my goat is those who misspell Rogue as Rouge.
    so spelling errors frustrate you? Seems a bit petty. /shrug

Dante's Inferno, as in Fire.. even your own quote you contradict yourself! You realize that is a COMEDY right? So including some satirical reference is PART of the manuscript as it was written....

HELL is HOT not COLD.
    How do you know?

I for one suck at grammar in general, I have never been able to properly construct sentences. My bane in college was anything to do with technical writing or English in general. FFS im an engineer I don't need to know how to talk, im just good at math.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Go read my post at the top of the 3rd page. xfer makes perfect sense.
    I'm not sure that not knowing all the details, but having seen it written that way elsewhere is really 'perfect sense', lol. It seems like a long stretch, but as I'm not that into physics or engineering, it might have a deeper meaning than I'm unaware of... I guess because the electricity crosses through it? /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol i find people who write or even say "Xmas" instead of Christmas..... Lazy. Just write out and/or say the four letters prior, won't kill ya

yolo- please let whoever uses this term die horribly and painfully in a fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cle, it seems you have many things to bitch and complain about.

First how bosses are "so weak" and now generally accepted terms for a game that has been around for a long time?

You need a hobby my friend.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I would of asked a inscriptionist, but I only knew a enchantment shaman. They could of spent all they're glod at the action house instead.
    5 things in this post alone:

Enchantment. - Enhancement. There is a HUGE difference between the two, so get it right.

Could of - http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/couldof.html

There/Their/They're - http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

A / An - http://www.dailywritingtips.com/usin...-before-words/

Inscriptionist - It's called a Scribe.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-02-13 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Even moar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    5 things in this post alone:

Enchantment. - Enhancement. There is a HUGE difference between the two, so get it right.

Could of - http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/couldof.html

There/Their/They're - http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

A / An - http://www.dailywritingtips.com/usin...-before-words/

Inscriptionist - It's called a Scribe.
    I think you missed the point of his post
    I think that was his way of showing us his *terms and other things that annoy you*

Only really have one pet peeve, not really wow related but I see it alot, is *Could care less* when they are trying to put over the fact that they couldn't care less. Nothing worth busting my head open over though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I think you missed the point of his post
    I think that was his way of showing us his *terms and other things that annoy you*

Only really have one pet peeve, not really wow related but I see it alot, is *Could care less* when they are trying to put over the fact that they couldn't care less. Nothing worth busting my head open over though
    My OCD took over before I had a chance to realize that he was making a point - but my post still stands, god I hate those little things :P

I agree with the 'could care less'-thing, but it's already gotten so widespread and is pretty much a socially acceptable mistake to make.

PS: I noticed the other mistakes as well, but random typos are easier to accept and ignore than the same mistakes that are repeated indefinitely, mistakes like ''Rouge'' etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-02-13 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    My OCD took over before I had a chance to realize that he was making a point - but my post still stands, god I hate those little things :P

I agree with the 'could care less'-thing, but it's already gotten so widespread and is pretty much a socially acceptable mistake to make.
    Hehe aye it's easy to get carried away when you see someone using certain terms that are rather annoying

I agree with your second statment too, it's used very often, and as said, its only a small pet peeve, and it doesn't make me froth at the mouth whenever I see it, ....maybe it makes my right eye tic slightly.. hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    exactly what i hate. When ever i see someone say that i facepalm. Only think i've ever corrected them on it once though.