Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I could care less." Such massive grammar fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Your role as a DPS is to do as much DPS you humanly can. I think the term DPS is more than fitting.
    It's not really. If you say "I'm a DPS", it's like saying "I'm a damage per second". DPS refers to the amount of damage a damagedealer does in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    5 things in this post alone:

Enchantment. - Enhancement. There is a HUGE difference between the two, so get it right.

Could of - http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/couldof.html

There/Their/They're - http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

A / An - http://www.dailywritingtips.com/usin...-before-words/

Inscriptionist - It's called a Scribe.
    You missed glod, which could be a simple misspelling, and "action house" I know that one happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    Dante's Inferno, as in Fire.. even your own quote you contradict yourself! You realize that is a COMEDY right? So including some satirical reference is PART of the manuscript as it was written....

HELL is HOT not COLD.
    Inferno is Italian for Hell, according to http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/inferno#English coming from Latin words for "lower regions"

The more recent "fiery conflagration" comes from depictions of hell being, well, fiery. I don't think Dante's Inferno had much fire at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when i was a kid i used to think Autistic and Artistic were the same thing,it wasnt until in my teens i realised the difference.

I did indeed say many things like *Them "I feel sorry for him he's autistic" *Me "Why? I bet he makes loads of money from his pictures!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You missed glod, which could be a simple misspelling, and "action house" I know that one happens a lot.
    PS: I noticed the other mistakes as well, but random typos are easier to accept and ignore than the same mistakes that are repeated indefinitely, mistakes like ''Rouge'' etc.
    I didn't, random typos are just easier to forgive :P

Deleted
    the term "jelly". just stop fucking using it already. never has a word annoyed me so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Inferno is Italian for Hell, according to http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/inferno#English coming from Latin words for "lower regions"

The more recent "fiery conflagration" comes from depictions of hell being, well, fiery. I don't think Dante's Inferno had much fire at all.
    There's some raining fire and rivers of fire, but on the whole? Not too much fire. Lots of awfulness, but not much fire
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post

That makes the difficulty wording in D3 super cheesy.

Hell -> Inferno... Wat?

Deleted
    The one I hate over all others has to be "be brained"

"LFM ..................................... BE BRAINED"

Arrhh

I didn't, random typos are just easier to forgive :P
    As I said, action house isn't a random typo, it's something I see on a regular basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    As I said, action house isn't a random typo, it's something I see on a regular basis.
    I don't, but could imagine spazzing out over it, if I did xD

Honestly I can't think of a single term or abbreviation that annoys me, I'm also not a grammar nazi like most of the people I meet on the internet tho ^.^
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "transmorg"

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'm not sure that not knowing all the details, but having seen it written that way elsewhere is really 'perfect sense', lol. It seems like a long stretch, but as I'm not that into physics or engineering, it might have a deeper meaning than I'm unaware of... I guess because the electricity crosses through it? /shrug
    ok, here we go. I did some research:

x has been used as a substitute for the term "trans", "cross", etc... for a very long time. It is based off the graphical representation of a cross (i.e. 2 lines crossing). Often times, trans = cross. Example - transatlantic = crossing the atlantic. Even the Los Angeles airport is LAX - which is an abbreviation for Los Angeles Transcontinental airport (predating international airports).

Now, back to the term xfer. -fer is from the Latin word ferre, which means "to bear" or "to carry". So to carry across from one place to another = transfer. Hence - xfer.

Now, someone asked about Xmas. X is the first letter of Christ...in Greek. Chi is the first letter, and the upper case Chi is pretty much an X. So X has been used as an abbreviation for Christ for hundreds of years.

NOTE - This was done doing research on the internet....so take it with a grain of salt :P
    Last edited by yjmark; 2013-02-13 at 09:53 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    lots of things annoy me. Rouge instead of Rogue. everything being claimed to be OP. PvP claimed to be broken, when it's 90% people unwilling or unable to adapt, or lacking the intelligence to do so. Inscriptionist bugs me. Would of/Would have. Your/You're. Their/There/They're. Jelly. CRZ in its current state. LFM DPS FOR X Y OR Z RAID, LINK ACHEIV AND HAVE ILEVEL 50 LEVELS OVER WHAT IS REQUIRED PLOX! Also, Plox. PST. Mages overcharging for portals. The way people pronounce Auchindoun or Karazhan or Camp Mojache incorrectly. People's hatred of Sylvanas. I could go on for a while, but i won't.