Poll: Lore forum, yes or no?

Question New lore sub forum?

Do people think a new sub forum specifically for fan fiction/theory/that sort of stuff.... basically a lore/opinion forum.... Just wondering how many think is good idea, how many against. Give Lore-natics a place to go apeshit, let those who don't avoid them a little easier.

For "Next *RACE*EXPANSION*BOSS*etc" threads
    For lore ideas
    For wow fiction questions/thoughts, like "What toon is sexyest" "who would win in a fight" "is blah dead" "Camp fire for warcheif!"
    For expansion plot theory

The idea leaving general for general, but applicable to the community questions; examples from main page below:

Soooo I got banned..... « 1 2 3 ... 4 »
    Do you think Cross-Realm World PvP is out of control? « 1 2 3 »
    World of Warcraft named 10th best game of all time « 1 2 3 ... 9 »
    *LORE*If they add races in the next expansion (burning legion), which races could you see? « 1 2 3 »
    Poll: How Many Toons Have you Leveled? « 1 2 3 »
    Transfer my wow account to another person « 1 2 »
    12hrs downtime??why so much???
    What's worse for you - WoW or cigarettes? « 1 2 »
    Gm's read MMO-C. DO they? Apparently YES!
    Battle.net name
    *LORE*Poll: Which "reptilian" race would you like to become playable? « 1 2 3 ... 5 »
    *LORE*World of Warcraft: Onslaught (Expansion Idea) « 1 2 »
    Apparently farming is against the rules in wow « 1 2 3 ... 4 »
    *LORE*Poll: How could a Demon Hunter class work in WoW? « 1 2 »
    Gold truble on a Low populated server
    WoWDB Feedback « 1 2 3 ... 8 »
    RAF in the US, on a European account.
    *LORE*Is Blizzard just trying to forget Me'dan? « 1 2 3 ... 5 »
    Thread instantly closed at the order of the Bli$$ney Corporation « 1 2 3 ... 5 »

Apologies in advance if this has been brought up before, I haven't seen its like.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be a great idea. I, and I'm sure there are many others, am not interested in the lore or RPing so let them do that in a section that doesn't clog up General.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

I've already tried suggesting this to the mods (and so have others) but sadly they've rejected it each time because "there isn't enough discussion" for it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I've already tried suggesting this to the mods (and so have others) but sadly they've rejected it each time because "there isn't enough discussion" for it.
    Hmm weird seems like it's been half of the main page in general or more at least for a while.... More lately, maybe its the faster patch releases?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Hmm weird seems like it's been half of the main page in general or more at least for a while.... More lately, maybe its the faster patch releases?
    Some things are somewhat vague about what forum it would be under, the should just need to make a lore and a rp sub forum. Lore is a big thing in wow, not sure why they are afraid no one will use it.....Unless your afraid that no one will use the general forum :O.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Asking questions about a niche a class could play isn't effectively a lore question; mechanics are often discussed far more than "x race should/shouldn't be your new suggested class because". So that doesn't count as a lore discussion.
    Questions like "which reptilian race would you want to play?" isnt really lore related either. Asking someone if they think Saurok or Naga would be cool or fun to play as has some connection with lore but not any more so than people saying they think playing a dwarf or orc is cool or fun to play; a lot of it has to do with how the characters in game look. Same with any new race in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said there's not enough discussion for it... yet the RP forums has a max of 10 people viewing it at all times, yet that exists? Let's not forget the gazillion "EEEZ ORCZ EVULLL?!" threads that pop up every day. Yep, ZERO discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Some things are somewhat vague about what forum it would be under, the should just need to make a lore and a rp sub forum.
    There *is* a Role Playing sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They said there's not enough discussion for it... yet the RP forums has a max of 10 people viewing it at all times, yet that exists? Let's not forget the gazillion "EEEZ ORCZ EVULLL?!" threads that pop up every day. Yep, ZERO discussion.
    Let's also not forget it's typically Salandrin making those threads. You'd think he would've stopped after supposedly going Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There *is* a Role Playing sub-forum.
    I know, but I am saying they should make the lore the 'main forum and the rp part would be the sub forum.....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

RP is very different from lore, or fan fiction though. Fan Fiction might be better worded. The idea is a forum for opinions, thoughts, or ideas regarding the lore of the game, where it is headed, whats going on, etc.

Asking questions about a niche a class could play isn't effectively a lore question; mechanics are often discussed far more than "x race should/shouldn't be your new suggested class because". So that doesn't count as a lore discussion.
    Questions like "which reptilian race would you want to play?" isnt really lore related either. Asking someone if they think Saurok or Naga would be cool or fun to play as has some connection with lore but not any more so than people saying they think playing a dwarf or orc is cool or fun to play; a lot of it has to do with how the characters in game look. Same with any new race in general.
    I'm not sure which thread I mentioned your first point is referencing too... If it is about an existing class, it would be in those class forums, if its for a non-existing class, it would go in the proposed forum, as it would be an idea for new lore(with discussion of mechanics to back up that new addition to lore).

As far as the race question, I disagree, people are asking that question in the hopes(or just to fantasize) about playing those races, ie them joining one of the factions, which would constitute lore. Yes, some might be just picking out the prettiest, but even then, the races of a fantasy world are certainly part of its lore. Any opinion or thoughts regarding them, would be a lore discussion.

What if. We converted the RP forum to a Lore forum, and then make a sub RP forum the same way the computer/computer help section has it.

FYI I voted no, though. I personally don't think it's a big enough topic. At least, not if there's going to be a separate role playing forum.

The suggestion for a lore subforum pops up a lot of times, and I do very much agree that it is an very interesting subforum to have. The General Discussions are most of the time completely filled with lore threads, or atleast half of the page. And many of the newer ''Today'' threads get sinked down quite fast. Having a lore subforum, I see nothing but benefits. It helps clearing out the General Discussions a lot, and people who really like lore (which are, trust me, A LOT) have their own place to talk in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, I've heard the ''not enough discussion'' excuse more than enough from mods and especially Sunshine. I don't know how they measure it, and I'd like to know why they think there is not enough interest. From my point of view, I judge the amount of interest by visiting the General Discussions a lot on a daily base. I see plenty of interesting lore threads that get more than 20 pages. In my opinion, a lore subforum is a great addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yeah, I've heard the ''not enough discussion'' excuse more than enough from mods and especially Sunshine. I don't know how they measure it, and I'd like to know why they think there is not enough interest. From my point of view, I judge the amount of interest by visiting the General Discussions a lot on a daily base. I see plenty of interesting lore threads that get more than 20 pages. In my opinion, a lore subforum is a great addition.
    You have to understand that just because you found 20-page lore threads does not mean that there is enough sustained interest. The only metric used to determine whether or not a new subforum is created is posting frequency - something only the administrators have access to. No amount of speculation or guessing will help.

What you need to do instead, is to go out there and post! Talk lore, post lore, discuss lore, debate lore! Create new threads, argue lore with other people (nicely), post in existing lore threads, spark new conversations about lore. Don't expect overnight success, but keep at it. Keep posting. That is the only way to convince the administrators that a subforum will be able to sustain itself and not die off after a week.