10+ Year Old Account

What is with the login timer here?

I really hate how frequently mmo-champion disconnects me.

I'm not visiting other sites and not away from my device for any length of time, I'm catching up on news or reading discussions... But whenever I am finally ready to post or respond I have to re-log in because the site has disconnected me. It's beyond annoying.

So check the little box that keeps you logged in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I really hate how frequently mmo-champion disconnects me.

I'm not visiting other sites and not away from my device for any length of time, I'm catching up on news or reading discussions... But whenever I am finally ready to post or respond I have to re-log in because the site has disconnected me. It's beyond annoying.
    From what 'device' are you visiting? I never had any problems like that ever on my PC.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This annoyed me alot, but if you check the "remember me" box then your problems shall be sorted=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    From what 'device' are you visiting? I never had any problems like that ever on my PC.
    Either my laptop or my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Either my laptop or my iPad
    Bingo! You're logging in from a different I.P. and it is causing your other device to be logged off, for security reasons. If you're taking your iPad out of the house, this will also be the cause.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been logged in for months on my pc at work, home and my tablet.

Check "remember me" and you won't need to worry about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't check 'remember me', I believe the timeout is 15 minutes after your last activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Bingo! You're logging in from a different I.P. and it is causing your other device to be logged off, for security reasons. If you're taking your iPad out of the house, this will also be the cause.
    The 'remember me' checkbox is stored as a cookie; it doesn't matter what device you use or where you're visiting from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    not true, i browse from my phone, pc and ipad a lot, never logs me out. just need to check the "remember me" box.

If you tick the "remember me" button then the forum will keep you logged in on every device you ticked that box on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup "remember me" has worked perfectly. Thanks.

Deleted
    I can't remember the last time i've been autologged from MMO-champion on this computer, and it's nearly 2 years old now.