Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do Zerg fly in space?

Seriously, has this ever been explained? As far as I know Zerg fliers don't have any latent psionic abilities unto themselves, so how the hell are they able to not only survive the vacuum of space, but fly in it as well?

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Seriously, has this ever been explained? As far as I know Zerg fliers don't have any latent psionic abilities unto themselves, so how the hell are they able to not only survive the vacuum of space, but fly in it as well?
    they use the sunwinds or something like that i heard. might also be that they are using the gravitational fields and manipulate them.

i've read that like 10 years ago or something, so im not sure about the source nor the credibility of this information^^
    buuut, if i wanted to know then i would probably just google it, thats like instant information right there instead of wailing through false claims in a forum
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-02-13 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    they use the sunwinds or something like that i heard. might also be that they are using the gravitational fields and manipulate them.

i've read that like 10 years ago or something, so im not sure about the source nor the credibility of this information^^
    I have a hard time believing a mutalisk can alter gravitational fields lol.

Herald of the Titans
    I have a hard time believing a mutalisk can alter gravitational fields lol.
    im ofc talking about the bigger ones. you know that zerg can travel with hyperspeed and open up wormholes on their own? thats even more crazy

Fuckin' Magnets. How does that work?

Better answer to avoid an infraction:
    Because the Xel'Naga knew they would one day go into space, and made them that way?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's how blood elves procreate, since they don't have males.
    Why do you think they are addicted to magic?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-StarCraft-2

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 01:56 PM ----------

Actually, since this spans both games, I'll open this back up. Don't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Fuckin' Magnets. How does that work?

Better answer to avoid an infraction:
    Because the Xel'Naga knew they would one day go into space, and made them that way?
    It stands to reason that the Xel'Naga made them flight capable in space, but I wanna know HOW. The Overmind could open wormholes using its vast psionic powers, and psi is sort of the "catch-all" for unexplained weirdness in Starcraft. But the lore makes it clear that rank and file Zerg do not possess controlled psionic abilities. So I want to know how the heck they're alive and flying in a vacuum. I must know....FOR SCIENCE!!!

Well overlords, behemoths, and mutas all evolved from space faring species that were assimilated into the swarm, that's how those survive in space.

Overlords have gases inside their bodies and that are released to produce propulsion, same with behemoths, mutas use their wings both in atmosphere and in space, but while in space they let out gas they their wings then push to propel themselves.

Other zerg species ride inside of overlords and behemoths while in the vacuum of space.

They have extreme amounts of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yes, they fart their way across space.

How do Zerg fly in space?
    Anyone else immediately get the "close to you" song in their head?

Or was that just me... that wants to be...

As far as I know Zerg fliers don't have any latent psionic abilities unto themselves, so how the hell are they able to not only survive the vacuum of space, but fly in it as well?
    As far as I rememeber, all zerg are at least psionically sensitive, all they need is something to co-ordinate them.
    Meh.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because Aliens.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's annoyed me as well but, eh... I try to ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    That made me rofl as I just imagined a bunch of floating baneling's .... farting to float

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    This is actually true, if you go to the starcraft wiki page and look at mutalisk, they do in fact expel gas to propel themselves through a vacuum, the wing flapping doesn't do anything, it's just muscle memory. Everything else are carried by Leviathans.

As for breathing, zerg don't breathe, they utilize vespene as their air, which gets built into their genetic makeup, so they don't run out.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    they utilize vespene as their air, which gets built into their genetic makeup, so they don't run out.
    What I want to know now, is why can't you sacrifice your units for vespine gas as zerg?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    All that vespene gas has to be used somewhere.

I figured it was quite obvious. They have space wings.

They should learn a thing from the bugs in Starship Troopers and just use asteroids.