Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    They should learn a thing from the bugs in Starship Troopers movie and just use asteroids.
    Had to make that adjustment - in the book the movie parodies, the bugs actually have space ships and advanced weapons of their own. Speaking of, is there a book-related Starship Troopers mod for SC or SC2? The things one could do with marauders in something like that...
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

Zerg organisms are really not at all similar to those of humans, they do not need to breath oxygen, and well, they really don't breath anything at all. And due to their nature they have adapted to space's vacuum and managed to simply 'slide' thorough all matter, essentially enabling a sort-of hyperspace interstellar travel, similiar to protoss with portals.

edit: Obviously this has a-lot to do with their psionic capability, basicly I'd guess that their psionic capability is not only on ground 'zero' level, but actually interracting with subspace, thus allowing them to create actual hyperspace windows with their mind, and seeing as they don't need oxygen to breathe, well. ^^'', blizzard just didnt really take everything in account.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Had to make that adjustment - in the book the movie parodies, the bugs actually have space ships and advanced weapons of their own. Speaking of, is there a book-related Starship Troopers mod for SC or SC2? The things one could do with marauders in something like that...
    Kind of embarrassing lol, I didn't even know they had books! The only reason I really thought of it was that I just watched the one that came out last year and had it all fresh in my mind. xD

If shrimp can cause mini nuclear reactions by chance, I don't doubt the zerg master race can fly in space.
    As said before, it's probably their natural psi powers. However, the animals that eventually became mutalisks were flying before they were zerg
    How? Not explained as far as I know, but this is pretty common in scifi and the technobabble isn't hard to make up.

EDIT: Shrimp reference
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Kind of embarrassing lol, I didn't even know they had books! The only reason I really thought of it was that I just watched the one that came out last year and had it all fresh in my mind. xD
    The book, which was written well before the movie, is quite awesome. Well worth the read and the movie bears little resemblance to the actual book (which is far more badass).

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The book, which was written well before the movie, is quite awesome. Well worth the read and the movie bears little resemblance to the actual book (which is far more badass).
    I will probably be able to agree with that since I've seen the movie first, at least this way I can read Jenkin's voice as if it was still NPH.

Herald of the Titans
    Well, They have a way to propel themselves into space. It would make sense if they evolved, they being leviathans, some form of solar sail wings. Not exactly sure. Quoting Stracraft Wikiw: "Despite being a race with no use for technology, the zerg still maintain the ability to travel through warp space, as they can open large gateways into warp space. The power of these gateways was immense, able to even pull zerg off the surface of a planet, emerging at their destination. This process was highly accurate, the zerg emerging right over a planet,[6] so accurate in fact, that it appears the zerg could enter real space within a planet's atmosphere, as no traces of atmospheric entry (eg. a buildup of heat due to friction) ever being observed.[16] The Overmind had the ability to open these warp rifts.[17]
    The zerg are still able to travel quickly and effectively through warp space after the death of the first Overmind using behemoths[4] and leviathans.[18] Infested Kerrigan was able to open wormholes as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    As far as I rememeber, all zerg are at least psionically sensitive, all they need is something to co-ordinate them.
    Tyranids from the Warhammer 40k universe behave like this as well if I remember correctly.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

I loved the book, but it tends to get long-winded with the philosophical monologues. As far as scifi goes, it's incredible influential. All of Heinlen's work is super realistic, insofar as predicting what future stuff could be like.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

They use gas, farting across space!

What I want to know now, is why can't you sacrifice your units for vespine gas as zerg?!
    Farting depleted it all.

This thread is relevant to my interests. Also I find this humerus.

How do overlords fly at all, to start off with? The vespene theory has been brought up, would that mean that vespene <=> helium?
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    This thread is relevant to my interests. Also I find this humerus.

How do overlords fly at all, to start off with? The vespene theory has been brought up, would that mean that vespene <=> helium?
    Overlords were originally a space gas creature before assimilation, they float in atmosphere by letting in and out of gas in their bodies, and that is how they move by pusing out the gas. The type of gas is not stated to be vespene.