Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why bosses are always so weak?

Prime example could be deathwing. DW was that massive dragon that caused whole azeroth to crumble and ripped apart landscape with his breath... Then got beaten by couple random guys with swords and stuff who usually are able to hit only dragons feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was shot through the chest by a powerful magic artifact empowered by five dragon Aspects and wielded by the most powerful shaman in the world. He was then utterly annihilated by said artifact after the group of adventurers ripped off his armor and weakened him further. This is a case where you can't just ignore the story of how he was defeated.

Deleted
    Well yeah. But still same thing applies to wide variety of bosses, specially all dragons. For an example, why ragnaros just couldnt slam his hammer into all of us and be done with it?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Thrall was such a powerful shaman, he would have stacked more +Hit so his first shot would have blown Deathwing's head off.

But then again, for a mail wearing class, he spent the whole expac running around in cloth, so he didn't even take advantage of his +5% stat bonus.

Jeez, what a nub.

Because if they weren't weak enough to be killed, it would be impossible to defeat them. How fun is a raid boss that's designed to be unkillable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Well yeah. But still same thing applies to wide variety of bosses, specially all dragons. For an example, why ragnaros just couldnt slam his hammer into all of us and be done with it?
    Perhaps heroes have common sense and dodge it. Not to mention we have healers that nullify pain and undo mortal injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that wouldn't be a very fun game.

I've never cared much for Warcraft lore (although from the bits I know about, it does seem pretty deep and entertaining), but aren't we all considered great warriors or something? The knights in SW always salute me so I just assumed I was a big deal.

If this is going to be what you're upset about then why even bother playing fantasy rpg type games? This genre is known for larger than life types of fights. The converse of "Why is is this so easy" is "Why is this so hard?" when you've got a raid of 20+ people fighting a single humaniod who is the same size as player characters.

What compelled you to make this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    He was shot through the chest by a powerful magic artifact empowered by five dragon Aspects and wielded by the most powerful shaman in the world. He was then utterly annihilated by said artifact after the group of adventurers ripped off his armor and weakened him further. This is a case where you can't just ignore the story of how he was defeated.
    He also had (and demonstrated) the ability to obliterate entire zones with one breathe. Why didn't he just do that? I know it wouldn't make for a fun game, but my point is that we saw very little of his power, we saw his endurance, his determination to survive, but as a threat, we saw very little of him.

He destroyed Stormwind Park, Shattered the World Pillar, seriously wounded and/or killed some very powerful Dragons and could obliterate entire zones at a time. This was an impressive display of power, yet in Dragon Soul we saw nothing on the same level.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-02-13 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Perhaps heroes have common sense and dodge it. Not to mention we have healers that nullify pain and undo mortal injuries.
    Then he'd just lay down on the ground and roll around until we're all cinders. Can't dodge that!

It's like stop, drop and roll, except the people aren't putting out fire, the fire is putting out people! Zing.

OT: But yeah, what it comes down to is the game wouldn't be very fun and the bosses wouldn't have much point in existing within it if they couldn't be killed. They'd just stand there and look scary and that's it. Fun?
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-13 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    game mechanics sometimes need to be there and trample story, so that you can actually play the game

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Then he'd just lay down on the ground and roll around until we're all cinders. Can't dodge that!

It's like stop, drop and roll, except the people aren't putting out fire, the fire is putting out people! Zing.
    ahaha I lolled

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    He also had (and demonstrated) the ability to obliterate entire zones with one breathe. Why didn't he just do that? I know it wouldn't make for a fun game, but my point is that we saw very little of his power, we saw his endurance, his determination to survive, but as a threat, we saw very little of him.

He destroyed Stormwind Park, Shattered the World Pillar, seriously wounded and/or killed some very powerful Dragons and could obliterate entire zones at a time. This was an impressive display of power, yet in Dragon Soul we saw nothing on the same level.
    He was, but he needed to concentrate. He couldn't just wish the world gone and it would disappear in a puff of smoke. He spent the entire Madness fight trying to cast Cataclysm, but we kept breaking his concentration.

Prior to getting shot with the Demon Soul, he probably didn't even consider us threats.

Deleted
    I understand its game mechanics, but it could be done in more believeable way withing the game mechanics. Just bring lots of army guys with vehicles for heavy firepower to bring down those big dragons etc.

MoP showed that we do have technology for aerial assault units that shoots rockets, why not use those to kill various enemies?
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-02-13 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand its game mechanics, but it could be done in more believeable way withing the game mechanics. Just bring lots of army guys with vehicles for heavy firepower to bring down those big dragons etc.

MoP showed that we do have technology for aerial assault units that shoots rockets, why not use those to kill various enemies?
    Blizzard tried vehicle fights in Wrath. People didn't like them.

Did you read the response directly beneath your OP? It explains exactly why it is believable (as believable as a game can be anyway).

In addition, climbing a giant dragon's back is just awesome! Shooting one down is boring as hell.

Deleted
    Players would not need to drive those vehicles, they could be just supporting npcs. Also this setting would make boss fights more epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant...tell...if...trolling.....

Prime example could be deathwing. DW was that massive dragon that caused whole azeroth to crumble and ripped apart landscape with his breath... Then got beaten by couple random guys with swords and stuff who usually are able to hit only dragons feet.
    Actually Deathwing isn't the most powerful being, he was nearly killed by Khadgar in Outland when he started to tear his plates off causing him to fall apart deathwing was fighting Gruul at the time and he fled like a little bitch then. He tore the world asunder because when he burst into azeroth from Deepholm, he destroyed the world pillar causing the earth to destroy itself.

It's 25 of the worlds strongest heroes equip with powerful weapons and armor they took from killing previous powerful enemies, hardly a " couple random guys with swords and stuff".