Will the 5.2 dreadful gear be new recipes to buy with Spirit of Harmony?

Or will the old pvp gear in your recipe book be automatically upgraded?

Just wondering incase I should farm Spirits in preparation for the patch or not.

In Cata the gear was automatically upgraded in your recipe book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In Cata the gear was automatically upgraded in your recipe book.
    This. I have no doubt it will work the same in Mists as well. Can't check for sure at the moment with PTR realms down, but if it's not changed on my tailor I'll report back to tell you so.

EDIT: Almost forgot, but I went back and checked on the PTR. For tailoring at least the recipes have not changed. BUT, I also can't find new recipes to be bought, anywhere, so I'm going to assume for now that these changes simply haven't been made yet on the PTR.

So no final answer on this yet, but I still feel it will most likely just be a question of the existing recipes changing.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-14 at 04:13 AM.

Oh, thanks for the replies!

I guess it will most probably be like Cata then, nice!

I've farmed up plenty of spirits just in case! I'll likely need them either way for blacksmithing so I can start reeling out the stuff needed to get me the old school weapons to use/transmog etc

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone can offer confirmation on this would be much appreciated, at the point debating whether or not to purchase the old sets.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I hope so. I hated farming motes with a passion.
    And I doubt we'll have a foolproof confirmation until it goes live

Blizz should think of som ekind of new LW pvp power/resi leg enchants, cos so far I dont see any use for my SoHs in 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've continued looking for the new PvP recipes in patch 16597 of this week and found nothing, anywhere. Places I looked: My profession book, Recipe Vendor in the Shrine, Trainer in main city, Trainer in Pandaria (and the vendors around both trainers), The PvP complex in Pandaria, The PvP complex in main city.

So I have no idea where they'll be coming from at this time. I tried looking at both WowDB and Wowhead and neither have anything. The fact the recipes are still named "Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's So and So" makes me wonder if they are in yet in a final version, cause the "Crafted" bit in the name seems rather un-RPG like and un-Blizz like.

Does anyone know whether or not the mats will be the same? I'm not familiar how Blizz handles since I'm new to crafting PvP gear. Also, what's your best guess as to the pricing for a full set of Dreadful gear (I think the Contender's set was selling for around 1250g)?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that there is a pvp enchant that can only be learned by 2.2k rating, so since my server is bad I can see making a lot of money off it:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I know that there is a pvp enchant that can only be learned by 2.2k rating, so since my server is bad I can see making a lot of money off it:}.
    I was under the impression that you just purchased a vellum that had the enchant, not train for the enchant.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    To gain the new recepies for LW you will have to grind 89-90 mobs on your LW char. with skill 500. to get the new "LW drops" named Magnificence of Scales or Magnificence of LEather

theres a similer "discovery function" as in alchemy/JC. so the drop you get will turn into a "random Dreadfull armor" when you click it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reliefsan View Post
    To gain the new recepies for LW you will have to grind 89-90 mobs on your LW char. with skill 500. to get the new "LW drops" named Magnificence of Scales or Magnificence of LEather

theres a similer "discovery function" as in alchemy/JC. so the drop you get will turn into a "random Dreadfull armor" when you click it.
    Ah yes, thanks for that now I found out where to look for it. Taking Tailoring as an example, you have the Imperial Silk cooldown we allready had, that produced 1 cocoon that held an Imperial Silk + the possibility of a pet, and now it seems this cooldown will also teach you a new recipe, possibly.

Imperial Silk cooldown tooltip

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks and i hope there's no cd on it otherwise it beats the point kinda of gearing up late runners faster.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Thanks and i hope there's no cd on it otherwise it beats the point kinda of gearing up late runners faster.
    Tailoring one is allready on a 24h cooldown, reset at daily reset. I doubt the other professions are cooldown free either.

The whole point is to spread the recipes about at first so people have a slightly better shot at crafting and selling something without some rich big shot, who has a ton of cloth saved up, getting all the recipes and controling the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense from a crafter point of view but you have to agree, it being there to make it easier for new folks or people catching up to gear up in dreadful rather the opposite as those pieces won't be going cheap and considering there's a few of them.

Or maybe it's just me being against the norm of people being fed to the meat grinder before they can do much in PvP.
    ― Anthony Hopkins