Poll: Which side Blizz favorite more

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you think which side Blizz...

favorite more ???

Anyone who doesn't say Horde is pretty much delusional. Even after they said they'd kick Alliance's story up a notch the bias is still as strong as ever. MoP focuses around Varian, Anduin and Jaina. Human, human, and more human! The one Night Elf major cameo is to make Tyrande look like a blithering idiot. The Horde are centered around Garrosh, Lor'themar, Vol'jin, Sunwalker Dezco. 4 races to 1.

Heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Anyone who doesn't say Horde is pretty much delusional. Even after they said they'd kick Alliance's story up a notch the bias is still as strong as ever. MoP focuses around Varian, Anduin and Jaina. Human, human, and more human! The one Night Elf major cameo is to make Tyrande look like a blithering idiot. The Horde are centered around Garrosh, Lor'themar, Vol'jin, Sunwalker Dezco. 4 races to 1.

Heh.
    Oh come on. The Horde had practically 0 lore in WotLK. The biggest connection (Ner'zhul) was removed in a book. Alliance had Vrykul, Iron Dwarves, Mechagnomes and even Arthas himself.

And what about vanilla? Alliance had far more zones to level in. And they had Frostsabers, while the Horde equivalent was just released in Cataclysm.
    Shall we compare Stormwind with Orgrimmar? One being a vibrant city and the other completely devoid of life? Yes, I'm talking about NPCs to make it feel alive.
    What about the rather end-game quests at the time, rescueing Magni's daughter? That quest heavily favored Alliance since the Horde had no connection to it. Or what about the Onyxia attunement quest? It makes a lot more sense and is way more fleshed out on Alliance side.

The only thing that has favored Horde is Cataclysm. Well, that and quite a few notable people at Blizzard prefer Horde so they're vocal about it. But they probably like playing the underdog.

Not to mention battlegrounds usually being favored to the alliance. AV anyone? Alliance could bypass most of the guards in the keep area and go right in. Horde has to go across a bridge to get sniped by all the sets of archers in the keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh come on. The Horde had practically 0 lore in WotLK. The biggest connection (Ner'zhul) was removed in a book. Alliance had Vrykul, Iron Dwarves, Mechagnomes and even Arthas himself.

And what about vanilla? Alliance had far more zones to level in. And they had Frostsabers, while the Horde equivalent was just released in Cataclysm.
    Shall we compare Stormwind with Orgrimmar? One being a vibrant city and the other completely devoid of life? Yes, I'm talking about NPCs to make it feel alive.
    What about the rather end-game quests at the time, rescueing Magni's daughter? That quest heavily favored Alliance since the Horde had no connection to it. Or what about the Onyxia attunement quest? It makes a lot more sense and is way more fleshed out on Alliance side.

The only thing that has favored Horde is Cataclysm. Well, that and quite a few notable people at Blizzard prefer Horde so they're vocal about it. But they probably like playing the underdog.
    I am Horde and I approve this message. Whole game feels alliance sided. I never really felt like horde had a part in it. Kinda like we were along fer the ride cuz alli could do it. And dargins needed killing!
    Last edited by Elmister; 2013-02-13 at 09:11 PM.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance gets utterly devestated in Cata, no retaliation. Gets destroyed in the MoP pre-event, told to stfu and wait. Gets beat around in MoP, no retaliation. Blizz continually tries to kill Anduin in the storyline of MoP.

And what will we get? We walk in and help put Thrall back in charge, then walk out without a mention of Southshore, Gilneas, Theramore, Arathi, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, and whatever Garrosh did to royally screw over Azeroth....

Blizz favors the Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Your post is so far from the truth I can't even believe it. The Vrykul are NOT tied to the Alliance, they are the human's ancestors. They are only tied to the humans loosely. They delved into it just a bit in the starting zone and left it alone. Mechagnomes have nothing to do with the Alliance and neither do Iron Dwarves. Really, this is reaching on an epic level.

Horde got no development in WotLK? This is flat out lying. They got the Taunka into their fold which has connections to the Tauren. The expansion played a huge role in Garrosh's character development (who is now what the Horde is centered around) and features characters like Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang, Saurfang jr, Agmar just to name a few on the Orc's side. They had the whole Forsaken thing and them letting loose the plague.

A huge reason we are even at war today was because of the Forsaken's actions at the Wrath Gate. One of the bosses in Icecrown had a connection to one of the most iconic heroes in the Horde. It was the expansion that introduced Nazgrim, a pivotal character in MoP. Even the aftermath of the Wrath Gate (Undercity invasion) had lore heavily tied to the Horde. We finally saw Varimathras ousted from a position of power. Changes in the Forsaken were huge after that as people can directly see in their capital.

It's one thing to be clueless, it's another to flat out lie through your teeth. No respect.

Deleted
    And this is why it's obvious Blizzard doesn't favor any side... Both Horde and Alliance players remember only the bad things for their faction and the good things for the other faction, which are both half truths. I do remember Classic, in which Alliance was heavily favored, at least in terms of territory, easy questing and flightpaths. Other then that, Blizzard doesn't favor any side. Why would they? Purposely alienating half the players isn't a good business strategy...

Deleted
    Your post is so far from the truth I can't even believe it. The Vrykul are NOT tied to the Alliance, they are the human's ancestors. They are only tied to the humans loosely. They delved into it just a bit in the starting zone and left it alone. Mechagnomes have nothing to do with the Alliance and neither do Iron Dwarves. Really, this is reaching on an epic level.
    They might not be tied to the Alliance, but they are their ancestors. The Alliance does have a deeper connection with them. To the Horde they're just random enemies.

And what about the Taunka? Do you really mean to say that the Taunka got as much screentime in WotLK than the Mechagnomes and Iron Dwarves?
    And what about Garrosh? He just had some lines in Warsong Hold and appeared once or twice.

It's not in the same proportion.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:07 PM ----------

One of the bosses in Icecrown had a connection to one of the most iconic heroes in the Horde.
    So what about Bolvar? I think they even out.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    favorite more ???
    1) The original story was rather one sided and had the classic human bias. (Way back in the early 90's.) The game developed from there, and as such has a total "content mass" bias in favour of the Alliance. The Alliance also have more "internal affairs" coverage.

2) However, due to personal bias of the current team there is a complete and utter "portrayal bias" in favour of the Horde. The Alliance are alternately portrayed as weak, foppish, and indecisive; or intolerant, racist and closeminded; with only individual exceptions. The Horde by contrast, are alternately portrayed as freedom-loving noble savages or peaceful nature lovers; with certain negative exceptions.

The frustrating thing is that Blizzard story writers seem completely aware of the first bias and have corrected it steadily, but are entirely incapable of even acknowledging the second problem. In short, for the past 5 years there has been a very clear Horde bias, and it's plain to see for anyone who cares to make a "Pro/Con" table of the war progress, or just goes to Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2013-02-13 at 10:12 PM.

always the one that you dont support

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They might not be tied to the Alliance, but they are their ancestors. The Alliance does have a deeper connection with them. To the Horde they're just random enemies.

And what about the Taunka? Do you really mean to say that the Taunka got as much screentime in WotLK than the Mechagnomes and Iron Dwarves?
    And what about Garrosh? He just had some lines in Warsong Hold and appeared once or twice.

It's not in the same proportion.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:07 PM ----------

So what about Bolvar? I think they even out.

way to go picking and choosing pieces to respond to when its the whole that identifies the holes in your statement.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-13 at 10:18 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    always the one that you dont support
    That would be difficult to apply to someone who loves playing either side.

I'm Horde, and I voted Horde. Simply because of.... you know who, the guy that surpasses Rhonin in Mary-Sueness

Horde gets the best writing, most meaningful leader development, for better or worse, and are written as less stupid than the Alliance (neither are written particularly clever, analogy is while Horde would be at the doodling with and probably eating crayons level, Alliance are drowning in their own drool). Horde gets significant development with strong reasoning behind their motivations (like Lorthemar and Vol'jin) while Alliance development makes dick for sense and is presented in the most pathetic light possible.

Writing goes

Expansion Theme >>> Horde > Varian >>> Trolltonshire >>> rest of the Alliance = Gamon

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde.
    What Dokhi said pretty much. It's also worth adding A Little Patience due portrayal of Tyrande, especially after Kosak mentioned in an interview that Night Elves would have something bad ass which turned out to be a flat out lie. To add insult to injury the Horde will have access to it in 5.2 - that's right the Horde will have access to Trials of the High King. The portrayal of the Pandaren and particularly Taran Zhu in 5.2 are also frustrating, they treat the two factions equally despite the fact one is there to conquer it and the other to defend it.
    I'm also not saying the Alliance story is a whole bad atm, the Horde's is just better.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-13 at 10:40 PM.

I play both, and I've got to go with Alliance.

Seriously; Alliance gets all the good and meaningful storylines. Alliance gets to play the hero everywhere. Horde gets minor heroic moments, but off-set against the Alliance, they're made to look far more villainous.

Example: Jade Forest (beginning).
    Horde: You start off with an idiotic gorilla shouting 'And you let the Alliance get there first!?' when a Horde gunship attacks an Alliance gunship and chases it to the ground. Not only is Horde the Aggressor, but the faction leader becomes pissed solely on the fact that Alliance creatures (crash)landed on the continent first.
    You then go about killing Hozen for... Well; not really any good reason other than the fact that they're annoying.
    You free some pandarians who've been enslaved by the Alliance. The Alliance uses them for forced labour, and I went 'Coo; so we're not the only villains!'
    Then you befriend the Hozen, who get attacked by fish-people for no apparent reason, so you help the monkeys out.

Alliance: Horde attacked! A new continent happened, too... Make sure the Horde doesn't massacre everyone in their sleep! I'm a hero!
    Get there... Horde is doing absolutely ABYSMAL stuff (which I didn't know of, playing a few more Horde characters than I do Alliance). Practicing fel magic on the natives' children! I've got to protect the natives from Horde brutality!
    And so on, and so on...

Quest-lines are definitely in favour of the Alliance. Sure; the Alliance often gets some smack from the Horde, and the Horde gets its little victories, but the Alliance seems to keep most of its noble values, whereas the Horde becomes more and more villainous and petty. Hell; the Alliance's war-mongering and petty leader is developing to become some stand-up citizen, while the Horde's new leader is dribbling more and more foam from his lips.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are on.... The world of warcraft side.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Not this bullshit again.

There is no favoritism. Mods close this please.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Neither obviously. -.-
    A professional billion dollar company favorites one side of their own product, yeah, true story... gosh some people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Alliance gets utterly devestated in Cata, no retaliation. Gets destroyed in the MoP pre-event, told to stfu and wait. Gets beat around in MoP, no retaliation. Blizz continually tries to kill Anduin in the storyline of MoP.

And what will we get? We walk in and help put Thrall back in charge, then walk out without a mention of Southshore, Gilneas, Theramore, Arathi, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, and whatever Garrosh did to royally screw over Azeroth....

Blizz favors the Horde.
    Since you know how it's going to end tell us what the final Legendary will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.