Poll: Which side Blizz favorite more

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard favors the opposite faction more.

That is the answer to this question. It doesn't matter what someone tells you, you will always see it that way.

Deleted
    I get the impression that they find writing new Horde material easier, but I don't think they actively favour either faction as a group. Individuals seem to have their preferences though, like Metzen being madly in love with Thrall (a little concerning since he voices the character himself!).

Yeah, I think the whole Metzen/Thrall love affair has a big impact on things myself. Half of cata really came down to him, and now Garrosh is becoming the end boss of MoP (because, of course, Thrall put him there).

10+ Year Old Account
    It get so boring seeing posters still saying 'metzens madly in love with Thrall' like that know what there talking about.

The character hasn't appeared in anything in 5.0, he made 1 appearance in 5.1. WHERE AS Varian has had more involvement in the story then Thrall.

Anyway, Metzen voices and casts Varian in his role too, so your garbage about he only focuses on Thrall is laughable.

Metzen focuses on the ENTIRE story of warcraft, and just because Thrall got to do something in cata you think you figured it all out? Why don't you go get a job at blizzard entertainment if you think you can do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Expansion Theme >>> Horde > Varian >>> Trolltonshire >>> rest of the Alliance = Gamon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I would have to change that to:
    Theme >> Orcs and Humans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamon >>>>> rest of Horde and Alliance
    What sort of strange new interweb talky talk is this? Please explain with less use of greater than symbols.

I used to think people were being silly when they said Blizzard had a Horde bias...but then I watched the Blizzcon 2011 streams and realized they don't even try to hide the fact that they're more interested in the Horde. Oh well.

I'm going to say horde mostly for how cata quest line went down. Mop it pretty close.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Your post is so far from the truth I can't even believe it. The Vrykul are NOT tied to the Alliance, they are the human's ancestors. They are only tied to the humans loosely. They delved into it just a bit in the starting zone and left it alone. Mechagnomes have nothing to do with the Alliance and neither do Iron Dwarves. Really, this is reaching on an epic level.

Horde got no development in WotLK? This is flat out lying. They got the Taunka into their fold which has connections to the Tauren. The expansion played a huge role in Garrosh's character development (who is now what the Horde is centered around) and features characters like Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang, Saurfang jr, Agmar just to name a few on the Orc's side. They had the whole Forsaken thing and them letting loose the plague.

A huge reason we are even at war today was because of the Forsaken's actions at the Wrath Gate. One of the bosses in Icecrown had a connection to one of the most iconic heroes in the Horde. It was the expansion that introduced Nazgrim, a pivotal character in MoP. Even the aftermath of the Wrath Gate (Undercity invasion) had lore heavily tied to the Horde. We finally saw Varimathras ousted from a position of power. Changes in the Forsaken were huge after that as people can directly see in their capital.

It's one thing to be clueless, it's another to flat out lie through your teeth. No respect.
    LOL! Dude the Iron Dwarves were a HUUUUUGE plot.... does Ulduar ring a bell? The curse of flesh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very obviously Horde. I don't mean that they design the game to make the Horde more powerful in pvp or any of those conspiracy theories, but if you look at WoW lore and things that happen, it's pretty obvious that Horde gets most of the love. That might change going forward, but it's undeniable to any reasonably unbiased observer that the majority of World of Warcraft since its inception has revolved around the Horde's story.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its all about perception i think, ive leveled both sides from 1-85 (since i quit in cata) and i dont really see favoritism taken on either side. both sides have some really awesome characters and quest lines. i personally believe that the whole favoritism thing is just something people believe in because the people who work at blizzard and mainly play horde side are far more vocal about it than those who play alliance.

just my .02

The Alliance theme stuff is far different from the horde though. When Horde are the focus it is all on current events and characters doing massive things. When it is Alliance it is the history of the races and events that happened in the distant past. There is far more actual Horde people doing stuff than Alliance, though Alliance races do have a better built backstory in most cases.

I've played both Alliance and Horde, and I've always felt that Horde is preferred. I don't know why. Maybe because of Mr. Metzen's love for the Horde. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    The results seem to almost mirror the one on SoL on this topic .

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Since you know how it's going to end tell us what the final Legendary will be.
    The thing is that seems to be where things are heading. It also seems to be what the vast majority of the Horde playerbase want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    way to go picking and choosing pieces to respond to when its the whole that identifies the holes in your statement.
    Okay, let's address them then if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Saurfang, Saurfang jr, Agmar just to name a few on the Orc's side. They had the whole Forsaken thing and them letting loose the plague.

A huge reason we are even at war today was because of the Forsaken's actions at the Wrath Gate. One of the bosses in Icecrown had a connection to one of the most iconic heroes in the Horde. It was the expansion that introduced Nazgrim, a pivotal character in MoP. Even the aftermath of the Wrath Gate (Undercity invasion) had lore heavily tied to the Horde. We finally saw Varimathras ousted from a position of power. Changes in the Forsaken were huge after that as people can directly see in their capital.
    Saurfang Jr = Bolvar. They even out.
    Yes, the Horde might've had Garrosh in Northrend. But the Alliance had Jaina there = They even out.

You think that the Siege of Undercity was a Horde event? The Alliance gets to siege Undercity first and then later Orgrimmar and that's Horde bias?
    Oh yes, we'd love to let you siege our cities. We welcome it! /sarcasm

Should I remind you that Varian returned in Wrath of the Lich King? Isn't that major? And he even restarts the war. Oh, you chose to leave that out, did you? What about Tirion being human and the majority of the Argent Crusade being Alliance? What about Dalaran being an Alliance city?

The Alliance is so heavily favored that they have to make characters and cities neutral just for the Horde to get along for the ride.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 01:42 PM ----------

Anyway, in the bigger picture I do feel Blizzard doesn't intentionally favor either side. They just try to create the best story each expansion.

If you're going to nitpick and whine though, I think it's totally fair to count what each side is getting. And Vanilla + WotLK did favor the Alliance in that sense.
    TBC was 50/50. The Horde got the whole Thrall/Garrosh storyline, but Alliance found Khadgar, Danath etc again. I think it roughly evens out. If you want, you could say it slightly favors Horde. If it makes you feel better.
    Cataclysm did favor Horde, I agree with that.

So now we're tied. MoP seems to be 50/50 so far as well, except that the Alliance gets to siege another Horde city. And it's the capital this time. You can't get any better than that. This is as close to winning the total Alliance/Horde war than you'll ever get. But I'm sure Alliance fanboys will say that it favors Horde just because it plays out in Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-02-14 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It get so boring seeing posters still saying 'metzens madly in love with Thrall' like that know what there talking about.

The character hasn't appeared in anything in 5.0, he made 1 appearance in 5.1. WHERE AS Varian has had more involvement in the story then Thrall.

Anyway, Metzen voices and casts Varian in his role too, so your garbage about he only focuses on Thrall is laughable.

Metzen focuses on the ENTIRE story of warcraft, and just because Thrall got to do something in cata you think you figured it all out? Why don't you go get a job at blizzard entertainment if you think you can do better.
    How much story did the belf and nelf leaders get before MoP? Almost none, while Thrall got his big coming home in TBC, hijacked Sylvanas' big moment in Undercity in Wrath and then became green Jesus in cata. Also, Metzen voices half things on Azeroth, that's not a reason for why he's so obsessed with Thrall. And anyone not called Metzen at Blizzard could do a better job, they don't need me there. Thankfully either Metzen has learnt to STFU or has finally been pressured into seeing how disproportionate he's been with character development and MoP has gone a long way to fix it.

But of course, clearly it's everybody else that's biased and you're the special snowflake that can see what's really happening. All bow down to the infallible Blizzard.
    Last edited by Prancing Minstrel; 2013-02-14 at 01:03 PM.

Neither is favoured. Sometimes Alliance are in the spotlight, sometimes it's Horde.

This is just 'the grass is greener' syndrome mixed with classic forum QQ. There is no favouritism and never has been.

Deleted
    Just watch any of the Blizzcon and you will have an answer. They have "we love Horde" written all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    favorite more ???
    Why? Why would you make this thread?
    No good will come of this.

In my opinion, I don't care if it is leaning one way or the other. Blizzard should write a compelling story, not worrying about balance.
    Want to know what I liked about Horde when I was a little nooblet?(Too bad I'm telling you anyways) I liked that we felt like the under dogs. It felt like we were fighting back against the dominant Alliance. Maybe that isn't really how things were, Idk I was a noob, but it was my perception. So why can't the Alliance embrace that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    You really wouldn't ask this question if you ever saw a Blizzcon stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I don't usually agree with Trassk, but this is true.

Thrall sat his ass (or stood, before they changed him to sit down) on Orgrimmar's throne for years, just like the other faction leaders did. The only notable thing he did at all during all these years was showing up in Nagrand at the end of the Mag'har quest line, I won't even count for Undercity since he was mostly following Sylvanas and taking down objects with the elements. But because Cataclysm was semi-focused on him, and because Metzen voices and prefers Thrall over many characters, people treat the situation like "Thrall is a god, Metzen must love Thrall", and the like.

Annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.