Deleted

Shadow Priest haste in challenge modes

So im trying to get perfect gear for shadow in challenge modes. Im only going to be using it as offspec (ie I will respec for certian encounters) not a single fight will last more than 2mins.

My question is, should I use the Elegon trinket and try to reach the 8k haste (this will lower my on pull burst due to not being able to use alchemy trinket) or should I skip this item?

I would also like some opinions on how cooldowns should be handled. I asume the 8k haste breakpoint is best with no haste buffs so if you have heroism and/or power infusion getting 8k haste will get substantially worse right? Should I use power infusion during heroism or should I use it before/after to get a full minute of extra haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Infusion does not stack with Herolust. (Or at least, it didn't last time I tested, which was admittedly in late WotLK, but I haven't seen anyone advise stacking them since then.)

Isnt your haste going to be scaled down anyway? Dont think you will be able of reaching 8k haste in 463 ilvl.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    WarcLowM is correct. Haste is scaled down and I tried going for the breakpoint but couldn't find a way to do it reasonably. It was, to my knowledge, simply not possible to have the breakpoint at 463, which pretty much means that you shouldn't be able to get there after the downscaling.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    I am 95% sure it is possible to reach the breakpoint, yes it will require some pure haste gems and it will require the elegon trinket. I have arround 6700 haste in ilvl 470 without the trinket and without the haste gems. But is it worth getting to the breakpoint (asuming it is possible)? If a boss fight takes 2 mins and I have hero + power infusion that means ill be above the breakpoint anyways for 50% of the fight. On some fights such as last boss brewery ill be above the breakpoint for about 90% of the fight.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it wasn't possible, just that it couldn't be done in a reasonable way. Remember, if you reforge and gem purely for haste just to go for the breakpoint, you will be sacrificing other stats, among that a lot of Int (SP) from gems. Now I do not presume to be an expert but if I understand HowToPriest.com correctly, you actually lose DPS if you gem too many pure haste gems to go for the breakpoint.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748
    For those who don't want to sim themselves, general rules of thumb:

- Giving up less than 250 int to gain 8085 haste is a straightforward DPS gain

- Since each haste you gain over int is also valued at 0.4475 you only lose 0.5525PP by swapping out haste for int.

- You can give up 452 int for haste to gain the haste cap and see an increase in DPS.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara