1. #1

    What can we solo now?

    Mages have never been an amazing solo class, but with the gear gap so huge over old content there should still be opportunities out there.

    What can we solo?

  2. #2
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    343
    Well... gear dependant... But I've personally solo'd up to naxx 10, excluding any fights that would require two people. They have made QoL updates to old raids such as BWL to make them more easily soloable.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 14/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  3. #3
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,346
    Most of ICC if not all of it is soloable. Cata heroics I believe are, as well as normal modes which should be a joke. MoP Regulars can be solo'd with a degree of luck (and with good gear as the expansion progresses).
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Vale
    How to Fire Mage for 6.0 Guide

  4. #4
    Once I hit 90, i've been on that kick myself and I was able to solo:
    Vanilla:
    MC: Cleared, easy as hell
    BWL: All but Razorgore
    AQ-10: Cleared, no issues
    AQ40: All but Twin Emps and C'Thun
    BC:
    T4: Cleared other then Chess (can't solo it anymore from what i've heard)
    T5: SSC: Hydross and Leo were cake, haven't tried other 4 yet
    TK: A'lar and Solarion were pretty, VR and his orb can suck it and Kael's add in P3 all together suck
    T6: Hyjal: Rage ate me on my only attempt
    BT: Haven't tried yet
    SWP: Haven't tried
    WOTLK:
    T7 Naxx 10 - Raz 2 shotted me


    To Be Continued...
    Last edited by Bloodrose; 2013-02-17 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

  5. #5
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    2,019
    I'm adding to the previous post by saying that Razorgore is soloable, as well as Twin Emperors (Mastery Arcane with Time Warp, previously charged 6 Charges on the scarabs running around) and Cthun. They were all changed in 5.0.4 to be soloable.

    I also cleared the Chess event, just need a few tries because of Medivh's cheats.

    Tempest Keep easily solo everything. I did everything except Kael solo at level 85, now it's just silly.

    Hyjal can be soloed now easily, done it a couple of times for transmog gear at level 90.

    Haven't tried Serpentshrine Cavern and in Black Temple I got to Shade of Akama but "accidentally" pulled the entire room on me, died and then had to go offline. If you clear the trash you can solo it as well.

    In WotLK I can do Malygos, Sartharion and Onyxia easily, haven't tried anything else.

  6. #6
    SSC is quite easy apart from Fathom-Lord Karathress. Tempest Keep is easy.

    The only that is hard is semi anoying in Black Temple is Mother Shahraz, with her 10 sec silence in melee range. On Council I used frost spec to have the elemental tank a few mobs. As said above Hyjal is easy.

    I tried going into Sunwell, but Brutallus hits to hard. Didn't try that many times I must say.

    I tried going Nax 25, for the nice looking tier set, could take down Sapphiron, but Kel'Thuzad its very hard when he spawns the adds. On 10 man its easy, just remember to not use Mirror Images, so you don't get iceblocked by him.

  7. #7
    I have played around a little bit. Here is where I have been able to kill so far.

    MC- Full
    BWL- Full
    AQ40 (stopped at viscidus because I couldn't shatter him)

    Karazhan (up to chess, did not try very hard only 4 attempts or so)
    Grulls Lair- Full
    Tempest- Full
    Hyjal- Full
    BT- Full

    Naxx 10- Full
    OS 10 3 drakes
    Working on OS25 3 drakes (been hitting a block due to add inside the portal) Wondering when gear will allow me to push the dps required
    Malygos 10
    TOC 10- Full
    ICC 10- Through Gunship

    All of this has been in Frost spec and PvE gear.

  8. #8
    I'm not a soloing guru but I'm clearing karazhan for a dagger -last boss- every week and chess event is perfectly soloable in 1-2 attempts. Watch some youtube videos. It never takes more than 2 attempts.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
    Once I hit 90, i've been on that kick myself and I was able to solo:
    Vanilla:
    MC: Cleared, easy as hell
    BWL: All but Razorgore
    AQ-10: Cleared, no issues
    AQ40: All but Twin Emps and C'Thun
    BC:
    TK: A'lar and Solarion were pretty, VR and his orb can suck it and Kael's add in P3 all together suck
    WOTLK:
    T7 Naxx 10 - Raz 2 shotted me
    They've changed the mechanics in some of the fights, eg.

    1st boss in BWL is easily soloable with a little practice in handling the adds (tip : Stand in RoP at the start, cast MI and refresh RoP when you loose the MC channel the first time, other than that it's just all about picking an efficient route for eggs and playing around with moving early on the destroy egg cast)

    AQ40 : I can't find any things to help me shatter Viscidus (make enough melee swings while he's frozen) and I've sold/destroyed my Barov's Peasant caller a long time ago
    For Twins - clear all the trash before the twins room, otherwise they'll join in and that's not fun! For the fight itself, sneak up the stairs and position yourself in a corner wedge behind the caster add (one on the left as you enter the room). Keep nuking, their selfheals aren't going to be enough to keep them alive
    For C'thun - They've made this fight a lot easier aswell - when you get eaten in P2 and go down into the stomach, just kill the 2 things down there, stand on the glowing circle and you'll get up. Nuke the weakened boss.

    Kael'Thas in The Eye/Tempest Keep is pretty easy now aswell. A few good tips : Pick up the caster staff, equip it & use it for the buff during P3 (all adds together) and save MI for this phase aswell. You should easily be able to kill the caster add+fear guy before they stomp your images and then it's plain sailiing - remember to swap back to your usual weapons after this phase!)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Minigrim View Post
    They've changed the mechanics in some of the fights, eg.

    1st boss in BWL is easily soloable with a little practice in handling the adds (tip : Stand in RoP at the start, cast MI and refresh RoP when you loose the MC channel the first time, other than that it's just all about picking an efficient route for eggs and playing around with moving early on the destroy egg cast)

    AQ40 : I can't find any things to help me shatter Viscidus (make enough melee swings while he's frozen) and I've sold/destroyed my Barov's Peasant caller a long time ago
    For Twins - clear all the trash before the twins room, otherwise they'll join in and that's not fun! For the fight itself, sneak up the stairs and position yourself in a corner wedge behind the caster add (one on the left as you enter the room). Keep nuking, their selfheals aren't going to be enough to keep them alive
    For C'thun - They've made this fight a lot easier aswell - when you get eaten in P2 and go down into the stomach, just kill the 2 things down there, stand on the glowing circle and you'll get up. Nuke the weakened boss.

    Kael'Thas in The Eye/Tempest Keep is pretty easy now aswell. A few good tips : Pick up the caster staff, equip it & use it for the buff during P3 (all adds together) and save MI for this phase aswell. You should easily be able to kill the caster add+fear guy before they stomp your images and then it's plain sailiing - remember to swap back to your usual weapons after this phase!)
    I soloed AQ40 on my Frost mage a few weeks ago. For Viscidus I equipped the sword from the Headless Horseman and summoned the pumpkins to help me. I got lucky with C'Thun since after killing the two things in his stomach the damage killed me, but good think I had Cauterize. Right before it teleported me to its stomach I casted Mirror Images which stayed above ground dpsing, don't know if that is necessary.

  11. #11
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I soloed AQ40 on my Frost mage a few weeks ago. For Viscidus I equipped the sword from the Headless Horseman and summoned the pumpkins to help me. I got lucky with C'Thun since after killing the two things in his stomach the damage killed me, but good think I had Cauterize. Right before it teleported me to its stomach I casted Mirror Images which stayed above ground dpsing, don't know if that is necessary.
    C'thun shouldn't have any needed work arounds. I just got teleported into the stomach, burst the things down, then went back up and finished him off.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Vale
    How to Fire Mage for 6.0 Guide

  12. #12
    High Overlord Bopcommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Desert, USA
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Minigrim View Post
    AQ40 : I can't find any things to help me shatter Viscidus (make enough melee swings while he's frozen) and I've sold/destroyed my Barov's Peasant caller a long time ago
    I ended up doing Viscidus pretty easily. I used a few things that helped me beat the 30 swings in 30 seconds. I just equipped my ThunderFury I think has a 1.7 swing timer, I'm sure there's faster. Maybe 1.6 on a dagger? But I worked him down to his 1 HP and began to spam Ice Lance at him (At the time I was playing with Haste/Invo/Arcane, had approx 30% haste), as he was about to shatter I popped Mirror Images to use their frost spells to get the number needed, popped lust and Kafa Press http://www.wowhead.com/item=86125 and timed it pretty close so my EoT trinket would proc for the 7k haste on there. And I was able to get my 30 swings in about 24 secs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •