How long would it take for someone fresh to gear up?

Because of several reasons I couldn't exactly dive right into MoP like I could with Wrath or Cata. I could do a dungeon or so a day, maybe knock in some dailies of one faction, and that would be it.

Now that things have settled down for me, I can play more WoW. Unfortunately, I'm really far behind as well. I was wondering how long it would take for one to get to raid ready ilvl (480-485?).

I would say it depend on quite a lot of factor, your ammount of valor currently, your rep, your profession, your luck on rolls, and your time commitment ... according to you getting extremely high luck, i guess you could achieve it in one week ... but that's with a shit ton of luck lol

Getting 460 is pretty easy. 470 will require at least a few raid drops. 480 is pretty much wearing mostly epic gear. It depends a lot on if you can cap valor every week(for upgrades and valor gear), what your reps are like(for 2 free 489 pieces and access to valor gear), and your general RNG luck with drops in LFR/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Elggur View Post
    I would say it depend on quite a lot of factor, your ammount of valor currently, your rep, your profession, your luck on rolls, and your time commitment ... according to you getting extremely high luck, i guess you could achieve it in one week ... but that's with a shit ton of luck lol
    Luck isn't a thing I have really. From all of my runs of LFR on my two toons I've gotten 1 thing. I've run LFR maybe 7-8 times total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Cata 3 of my friends got geared to be raid-ready in less than 3 weeks because me and 3 other friends helped them chain run dungeons and DS LFR and need stuff for them. Alas, that was previous expansion.

Now, in MoP, My brother and I did dailies together with them whenever they are online. One of my friend has bad luck on LFR loot but he does daily sets around 3 times a week. He's not ready for pugs but I don't think he's ready for guild alt runs either because his ilvl is ~470 and he has 0 exp in normals. This has been over 2 months too when he was a fresh 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    480 plus in 3-6 weeks depending on luck.

Deleted
    You'll be able to reach 470 by doing heroic dungeons & capping reputations (epic-quality rewards.)
    You'll be able to reach 480 by purchasing gear for Valor Points.
    You'll be able to reach 485-490 easily by purchasing gear for Valor Points & running LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    5 months!
    I played since the start and am not even 480 in one entire spec.
    ... you cant be serious. you could grind valor in that time and be in 480 from valor gear alone..

Also it wont have been 5 months until like feb 26th