Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroux View Post
    Looks like I'll be going for Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and Primordius' Talisman of Rage.

    So glad at least Shado Pan trinkets will be easy to get since you only need friendly rep with them.
    Worried about the hit/exp trinkets, am already close to capping for both in my current gear :-(
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Worried about the hit/exp trinkets, am already close to capping for both in my current gear :-(
    You know we have this magical thing called reforging and thats why Blizz hasn't cared for stats on items much for a while >.>

  3. #23
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You know we have this magical thing called reforging and thats why Blizz hasn't cared for stats on items much for a while >.>
    Patronisation much? Depending on the gear you've had this tier (not all of us are lucky enough to get BiS) then reforging out of hit and, to a lesser extent exp has been a bit hit and miss (no pun intended). Would personally prefer to have to reforge into hit/exp rather than scrabbling around trying to lose it.

    But yes, do tell me more about this "magical thing called reforging" ;-)
    Last edited by vmagik; 2013-02-18 at 08:59 AM.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  4. #24
    Either way you look at it we will always have to reforge to the hit/exp cap no matter if it is reforging into or out of it, there is no real markable difference as long as you hit the cap and have the stats reforged so what really, is the complaint there?

    That's why reforging is so good, you dont need to worry about what is on gear because we will almost always be overly accommodated for stats

  5. #25
    As a warrior if you had certain gear combinations in t14 you would be stuck over expertise cap even when reforging completely out of expertise, so having a massive chunk of expertise on a trinket is not necessarily going to all be useable. The problem only really affected TG warriors using at least one starshatter heroic and vizier heroic belt, but bigger item budgets means other classes may land in the same situation in t15.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    As a warrior if you had certain gear combinations in t14 you would be stuck over expertise cap even when reforging completely out of expertise, so having a massive chunk of expertise on a trinket is not necessarily going to all be useable. The problem only really affected TG warriors using at least one starshatter heroic and vizier heroic belt, but bigger item budgets means other classes may land in the same situation in t15.
    Much rather have an overabundance of stats compared to not having enough, while having too much exp isn't maxing out what you could do having too little is even worse

  7. #27
    It's easy to reforge to the hit or expertise cap if you're under.

    Right now a lot of us are reforging out of hit and still over the cap, there is no solution to this.

    I'm using the garalon neck instead of the protectors one just to drop hit, I'm still over 8%.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Either way you look at it we will always have to reforge to the hit/exp cap no matter if it is reforging into or out of it, there is no real markable difference as long as you hit the cap and have the stats reforged so what really, is the complaint there?

    That's why reforging is so good, you dont need to worry about what is on gear because we will almost always be overly accommodated for stats
    I would rather not be at 8.5% expertise after reforging every possible bit of expertise off, thanks.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Much rather have an overabundance of stats compared to not having enough, while having too much exp isn't maxing out what you could do having too little is even worse
    Except that there's pretty much no way to get gear that doesn't allow you to reforge to both caps....
    On the other hand everything higher than ~50 stat points over cap means you're wasting a significant amount of stats just to be capped.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except that there's pretty much no way to get gear that doesn't allow you to reforge to both caps....
    On the other hand everything higher than ~50 stat points over cap means you're wasting a significant amount of stats just to be capped.
    Are you talking about current gear or in 5.2? Because im 100% sure I am right at the hit/exp cap right now and have had no problems staying on top of those, I use reforgelight and it's always put me right where I needed to be. I have even taken an item sometimes after that and reforged out as it only puts me 0.10 under the cap and that's fine by me as it gives me no notable loss in dps.
    and to Mael, I beg to say you are reforging wrong if you are constantly sitting that high up on it, maybe in 5.2 we might hit this problem but with current gear sorry but I havn't seen this problem on my toon or any of our other melee plate dps.

  11. #31
    Dw frost dks are over the hit cap in bis gear.

    Reforging will not fix this as our bis gear has too much hit to be able to reforge back down to the cap.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Are you talking about current gear or in 5.2? Because im 100% sure I am right at the hit/exp cap right now and have had no problems staying on top of those, I use reforgelight and it's always put me right where I needed to be. I have even taken an item sometimes after that and reforged out as it only puts me 0.10 under the cap and that's fine by me as it gives me no notable loss in dps.
    and to Mael, I beg to say you are reforging wrong if you are constantly sitting that high up on it, maybe in 5.2 we might hit this problem but with current gear sorry but I havn't seen this problem on my toon or any of our other melee plate dps.
    Get some heroic gear and you will likely run into the same problem as us.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Get some heroic gear and you will likely run into the same problem as us.
    Well I apologize that not everyone in the game is heroic bis geared, and Blizzard will not and does not balance gear stats around heroic bis gear. It's most likely that they make the stat's on an item balanced for normal and then just scale it up, like they do with normal raids and then tune them up/down for heroic and lfr

  14. #34
    T15 normal gear has a higher item level than double upgraded t14 heroic gear.

    You can literally get all of the hit you need from two pieces of normal mode gear in t15 if one of them is a trinket.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2013-02-18 at 10:28 PM.

  15. #35
    High Overlord Laroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    121
    I noticed all the exp and hit on the tier pieces. That's why as an orc, I will not mind at all if this sword drop for me in the first couple of weeks.

    And stupid happy if the upgraded version dropped, what are they called again, thunderforged?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroux View Post
    I noticed all the exp and hit on the tier pieces. That's why as an orc, I will not mind at all if this sword drop for me in the first couple of weeks.

    And stupid happy if the upgraded version dropped, what are they called again, thunderforged?
    thunderforged weapons (and maybe trinkets?) will not exist, I believe it was stated as non-tier armor and accessories only
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-02-19 at 01:03 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Well I apologize that not everyone in the game is heroic bis geared, and Blizzard will not and does not balance gear stats around heroic bis gear. It's most likely that they make the stat's on an item balanced for normal and then just scale it up, like they do with normal raids and then tune them up/down for heroic and lfr
    You don't even need BiS gear to be over exp cap. Even when I was at 495ish I was a little over it due to RNG giving me lots of expertise gear.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    thunderforged weapons (and maybe trinkets?) will not exist, I believe it was stated as non-tier armor and accessories only
    The only thing I remember seeing was tier was all that was excluded from thunderforged.

  19. #39
    That sword is a trash drop so the hc version certainly won't exist and so therefore has no chance of it being thundeforged, also come to think of it almost every 2h since cata has gotten crit on it and only 1 spec uses it. Guess 2h's are mostly designed for warrs. On the bright side at least our bis wep is not from the final boss
    Last edited by Khrisz; 2013-02-19 at 11:28 AM.

  20. #40
    yeah, 2Hs all having crit on it is honestly getting old.

    Akirus and the Shannox axe were the only exceptions, and weren't the best weapons in their tier anyhow (Sulfuras had a better ilvl, Ashkandi was 3.8 while Akirus was 3.6). Ashkandi, Sulfuras, Zoid, Yor'sahj axe and Warmaster mace, Starshatter, Shin'ka, and now all the 5.2 weapons. All of them have fucking crit, and those who don't are not boss drops and thus won't have any heroic version..

    It's just like in T13, when they initially designed our supposedly "best" set they just copy pasted from warriors and gave us crit everywhere, and we had to QQ to get proper stats.
    I just hope one day they'll fix this bias =x

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •