Thread: Arena junkies

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Arena junkies

I dont understand why everyone says that is great site for information. There is no guides, forums are dead.

AJ became a joke after they didn't stand up and denounce win trading/rating exploiters in season 9. Hydra totally bashed the hell out of them and left the forums because of that. Many followed.

Blizzard really hasn't done much to correct the problems either, and really just ended up hurting the PvP community as a whole. Stern warnings with no accountability, threats of accounts being banned (and then banning the wrong people), stripping people of their titles (once again to the wrong people), not LISTENING to the PvP community, etc. The list goes on.

It's pretty sad how it all ended up, but that's what happens when you have a company worried more about making money than the player base.
    Last edited by PriestRaslain; 2013-02-14 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena junkies is just a big circle jerk of pretend good players that are basically over 20 years old but have the maturity of a freshman in high school. Its kinda like the arena forums in the battle.net forums where the same 10 people routinely post and are known by their circle jerk peers where they basically stroke each others ego and dismiss any points made by any "outsiders." They usually dismiss points by insulting the outsiders intelligence in a humor that is only understood by the circle jerk. Basically, its a forum run by inside jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Arena junkies is just a big circle jerk of pretend good players that are basically over 20 years old but have the maturity of a freshman in high school. Its kinda like the arena forums in the battle.net forums where the same 10 people routinely post and are known by their circle jerk peers where they basically stroke each others ego and dismiss any points made by any "outsiders." They usually dismiss points by insulting the outsiders intelligence in a humor that is only understood by the circle jerk. Basically, its a forum run by inside jokes.
    Yea, it's sad that there are no good PVP information websites out there anymore. Paid sites like SkillCapped are simply not worth the money because content is so scarce and so dependent on contributors (only a few of them put out quality content like Craze for the priest section)

If there was a good website to provide quality PVP information and guides without the insults, drama, and elitism that tends to plague the PVP section, then a lot more people would participate in WoW PVP.
    Last edited by corebit; 2013-02-14 at 09:01 AM.

I think AJ was only good for information during TBC, nowadays it's utter crap. I can't even fathom why there are people still posting on the forums there, since there hasn't been any decent discussion or moderation there for ages. It's pretty sad, I wish there was a good PvP site with guides and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    arena junkies is not worth visiting unless you want to read some random flamewars, noone posts anything usefull , pinned guides are vastly outdated, no moderation, and if you post something constructive you will get flamed by jerks with egos bigger than moon ^^

ok.. ok.. AJ is bad.. so where to go to seek PvP info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    haha, so true.

The best you can do (if you need advice) is just find good players on twitch or youtube. There are quite a few that are very helpful when you ask questions.

Deleted
    Why pvp is full of elitists?

But anyway, i dont think wow pvp even requires people to read wall of text manuals. Should be enough to just have some knowledge what to gem and reforge, and then just play and practise. Wow characters are not that complex so people should find out themselves what will work.

15+ Year Old Account
    AJ died somewhere around the beginning of Cataclysm.

As someone said earlier now it's full of elitists flaming and bashing each others. From time to time useful thread knows to appear but nothing to much.

I still check it on the daily basis just to have a good laugh in a few threads I've posted.

Not really surprising considering that it is largely dead since there simply isn't something left worth calling a reasonable pvp community and there is nothing in the game that could sustain one anyways. Not that aj was really that great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    The same reason PvE is full of elitists. Because people who care enough about WoW to post on fansites have a lot of overlap with people who think they are better than everyone else at the game. The PvP community just happens to be smaller so the truly exceptional scumbags are easier to spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Livestreams.

Just go on a livestream and ask the livestreamer about certain aspects of the class they play

AJ is fun. I love the drama of all the 23 y/o dudes still living at home fighting DDDDDD

AJ went from a pretty nice place, to who ddos'd who, US vs EU trash talk, bashing Regentlord(ahahahaha), win-trading drama and so forth. Most players - like anywhere else - blindly defend their classes, despite them being ridiculous. I do love how people can argue without mods cock blocking right away.

Though it's still the best place to get the right idea in how to build your character, and the class specific forums can be really good as well.

Just take some things with a grain of salt.

I remember back when Arena Junkies was THE site to go to for information regarding pvp... but yeah it is pretty much dead now.

Back in Wrath, ArenaJunkies was the site to go too for PvP information. When Cata started there was a lot of drama and loads of people quit. It literally died in the expansion. It was still somewhat active and useful towards the end of Cata, but since MoP release it's been a cesspit of useless elitism.

I'd honestly rate MMO-Champion PvP subforum above AJ for WoW PvP discussions. If you said that 2-3 seasons ago you'd be laughed at, but honestly, even if a lot of the posters on MMO-C are sub <2k players, it's always insightful to see many different players points of view, and besides, you need a noob to ask a question before someone good can answer it.

The problem with AJ is that only topics in general discussion make 'front page', which means the Ask a Gladiator forum is never used, which is where most of the discussion should take place. Class forums sometimes have some good discussion, but other than that AJ is nothing more than a quick laugh every now or then.

Watch Streams or ask a question on MMO-C if you want PvP advice. AJ is dead (dying).

AJ is trash now... I went there a month or two ago to ask a question. All I got was trolls. I bet my thread is still at the top. Site is dead. I get better responses for the official forums.

Arena is dying out and so is AJ as well, it's been getting smaller and smaller.

For me, a former high rated player, AJ was only a source of entertaining drama (which was scarce), same with Gameriot. Nothing more. They used to have pretty good written guides in BC and I think WotLK (not as much) but people stopped giving a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    watch pvp videos/streams and pvp a lot

unless you enjoy the taste of raging virgin nerd tears

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    a better question is why do so many children have to have access to the internet

but it's not

just so many people have to act like they're 12, that the people who do not act like they are 12, cannot stomach the amount of bullshit that these would be 12 year olds just literally spew. they don't even want to be in the same community as them or have any kind of discussion with those types of people, because there is literally nothing positive to gain from it.