Thread: [TV] Vikings

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[TV] Vikings

Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the sagas of Ragnar's band of Viking brothers and his family, as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods, legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rSAP8u4HHrE

I'm very excited for this series.
    Last edited by Rivehn; 2013-03-06 at 04:13 AM.

Wow.. This looks amazing! Can't wait for the first episode

Oh man, looking forward to this. That's just badass, definitely needs to be more TV Shows on this.

Looks cool..But WHAT THE HELL HISTORY CHANNEL! What happened to showing things that actually cover histor and not stuff like this..I miss their old documentary style structure or shows on actual history and so on.

Actually it;s one reason i stopped watching it LOL.

I'm definitely going to give this a watch, but I have this gut feeling that I'm going to hate it for whatever reason. Neopagan romanticism and all.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Looks cool..But WHAT THE HELL HISTORY CHANNEL! What happened to showing things that actually cover histor and not stuff like this..I miss their old documentary style structure or shows on actual history and so on.

Actually it;s one reason i stopped watching it LOL.
    they kinda.. ran out.. like i said a while ago on some thread that basically you can only show so many world war 2 documentaries before people just stop watching all together.

they pretty much figured out that they would get like three times the viewers for ancient aliens then they would for world war 2 nazi dreams of horribleness the reimagining that you thought you knew that you didnt actually know the third remixxed version O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Lets hope that this turns out to be as good as Game of Thrones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Not a stupid horned helmet in sight, I'll be giving this a watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rainec

I don't know what it is i just have a good feeling about this show. The girl warrior looks pretty bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they kinda.. ran out.. like i said a while ago on some thread that basically you can only show so many world war 2 documentaries before people just stop watching all together.

they pretty much figured out that they would get like three times the viewers for ancient aliens then they would for world war 2 nazi dreams of horribleness the reimagining that you thought you knew that you didnt actually know the third remixxed version O-O
    Nah i meant OLD history channel like late 90s early 00s. Pre WW2 every 5 seconds and all that. Was a nice station back then.

This looks awsome but does anyone know if its coming to History europe? can't find anything on their website.

Nah i meant OLD history channel like late 90s early 00s. Pre WW2 every 5 seconds and all that. Was a nice station back then.
    Nope that is what history channel was back then, and I used to hate history channel as a kid, because I did not give a shit about black and white video and pictures while some guy was blabbering on about this or that tank and how many people died in some bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Nope that is what history channel was back then, and I used to hate history channel as a kid, because I did not give a shit about black and white video and pictures while some guy was blabbering on about this or that tank and how many people died in some bombing.
    The history channel i recall covered all kinds of things yeah WW2 on occasion but it covered stuff like say native american societies/history, revolutionary war, some shows on ancient history and so on...THAT is the history channel i miss.

As a side note i also miss a cartoon network that only shows cartoons a G4 that was only for gamers(don't even get me started on TechTV) a sci fi channel that shows welll sci fi and maybe some fantasy not a bunch of "reality" shows and yeah alot of stations have gone through pretty radical changes in the past 10 years...Not necessarily good.

The history channel i recall covered all kinds of things yeah WW2 on occasion but it covered stuff like say native american societies/history, revolutionary war, some shows on ancient history and so on...THAT is the history channel i miss.

As a side note i also miss a cartoon network that only shows cartoons a G4 that was only for gamers(don't even get me started on TechTV) a sci fi channel that shows welll sci fi and maybe some fantasy not a bunch of "reality" shows and yeah alot of stations have gone through pretty radical changes in the past 10 years...Not necessarily good.
    But dude, ancient aliens is historical fact.

If Ancient Aliens was not factual it would air on Sci-fi channel, not History Channel.
    Checkmate, unbelievers.

But yeah, this show looks worth a watch, but I'm not going to build any hype. 80% sure it won't be GoT-level of awesome. It will have to "WOW!" me.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Not what i mean and you should know it.

Seems alot of people don't even rember the good history channel.

Another pretty cool promo that was shown at the super bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlmSiRJZEco

Hopefully it'll be like Spartacus. Dramatic, entertaining, and over the top but still historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Hopefully it'll be like Spartacus. Dramatic, entertaining, and over the top but still historically accurate.
    I've read a bit about Ragnar...it's hard to be "historically accurate" about him(or many viking leaders, for that matter) to begin with, as much of what is known about him is what is told in Norse stories and sagas, which both give conflicting accounts, and are full of myth and legend(we're pretty sure Ragnar didn't *really* kill a dragon, though the sagas tell of him doing so) rather than just fact.