Deleted

£300 to spend on media device?

So basically I have a spare £300 to spend on a device that I can use around my house for watching movies and tv shows, listening to music and all that jazz. Storage space doesn't really matter as I won't be storing much data locally, I'll access it through wifi if I need something.

I've been looking around for a while but I really can't decide on what I should buy. The nexus 10 is probably top of my list right now because it looks awesome, the only problem is that I have no idea what it's like. no shops have it in store and I don't know anyone else who has one. As well as the nexus I'm looking at some laptops. Is there actually a decent laptop with a nice resolution and screen to match the nexus 10's price point? most of the laptops I can find are really low spec and look like they will run like crap!

Anyone have an ideas? cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    If your planning to browse youtube / netflix then a Ipad would be ideal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8i0hX_dIo
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Do you have a tv? Get a cheap pc, plug it in, get surround sound and enjoy! I have that setup myself. It's really great!

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a 300$ budget why even consider apple? They are not competitive on this price level, and they sure as hells wouldnt be my recomendation for any kind of cheap system.
    About laptops I think you wont have any luck at this price point, in terms of pads you can look for something like the nexus 10 and have alot of options, there's also the interesting intel NUC, but its probably a bit over budget http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...roduction.html .

This is mostly a thing that comes down to preference, you could even make a media center computer on a small form factor.