The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR PCI-E Sound Card

Thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss this up and coming sound card. If you have any reviews, please share them!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102050

From what I can tell reading on there, this is a fancy ol' sound card that wants to bring daughter boards back! eeeeeee!!!

A board dedicated to inputs... it sounds pretty sick to me! I must admit I prefer the look of the Essence STX, but now I'd like to see a Xonar Essence, like this...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C...aster_Z/1.html

TPU did a review of the cheaper model and that one is pretty good, we can hope this carries over to the more expensive models.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I want to buy a sound card soon so I've been looking into them and none of them really stick out, but this looks interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    $250 is pretty steep, I wonder if it sounds better then spending $300 on a Receiver and running your audio out thru HDMI.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I am happy with the $170 I sank on my DAC, though this card does look quite lovely.

It would however clash with my <3 for Noctua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I am happy with the $170 I sank on my DAC, though this card does look quite lovely.

It would however clash with my <3 for Noctua.
    I would paint my Noctua to match this card.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I would paint my Noctua to match this card.
    These are the jokes kid!

Though I actually do kinda have a soft spot for Noctua's color choice, the Creative scheme is undeniably sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I want to buy a sound card soon so I've been looking into them and none of them really stick out, but this looks interesting.
    Trust me, this card is for extreme enthusiasts. Unless you're doing professional recordings, you're probably better off buying one of the $75-$175 cards that focuses more on the audio you're hearing.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Trust me, this card is for extreme enthusiasts. Unless you're doing professional recordings, you're probably better off buying one of the $75-$175 cards that focuses more on the audio you're hearing.
    I don't mind going overboard sometimes lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't mind going overboard sometimes lol
    Fair enough! Can't say I'd blame you, just a forewarning. It's a lot to sink $250 in. lol
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Very very interested in the ZXR it's going on my ( Must have need it in every way possible have it yesterday ) list.... about time I replaced mine tbh

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    People who are interested in professional recording get external USB or Firewire box, all internal cards are out of the consideration.

Real question is how this card compares to Asus Xonar Essence STX, because that's the main competition and it costs less.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.