Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    The Lightbringer Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,013
    13/16 heroic myself and it's kinda hard to find a guild for me. Been in multiple world 200 guilds with server firsts out the ass but they always find something to complain about. Most recently, me using minor glyphs because they cause computer lag for everybody and .0001% wipes.

  2. #102
    Your opening post implicates that you feel that your guild should be clearing heroic content by now, but are still stuck in normal content.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Your opening post implicates that you feel that your guild should be clearing heroic content by now, but are still stuck in normal content.
    "implies" and actually are, are 2 COMPLETELY different things. I just joined this guild about 10 days ago.

    I had no idea of their history until I had a good talk with before we started our wed raid. Not my fault they're stuck in normal content, I don't actually think they're stuck, to be honest. Staying "stuck" I feel insults them, more of, they just were on a bad server, transferred to mine a couple weeks ago, gathered some people and brought the vets over and started up good. Not to say they've only cleared content since they came over here, but you & I both know how hard it can be to find competent people on a half dead server.

  4. #104
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Most recently, me using minor glyphs because they cause computer lag for everybody and .0001% wipes.
    ...seriously? That just made my brain hurt.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    13/16 heroic myself and it's kinda hard to find a guild for me. Been in multiple world 200 guilds with server firsts out the ass but they always find something to complain about. Most recently, me using minor glyphs because they cause computer lag for everybody and .0001% wipes.
    What glyphs are you referring too...thats a very odd...lag I've ever heard of.

  6. #106
    The Lightbringer Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    What glyphs are you referring too...thats a very odd...lag I've ever heard of.
    Any minor glyph. When I told them world first guilds used them so how is it a big deal, they called me sassy.

    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    ...seriously? That just made my brain hurt.
    They are 16/16h too.

    Excerpts

    "Why are you running Minor glyphs? AT ALL? All they will do is create graphical lag that will be a problem during a bloodlust when multiple spell effects are going off. THE LAST THING WE NEED IS FUCKING FIRELINES FROM CHARGE OR CROWS FLYING AROUND EVERYWHERE WHEN YOUR EXECUTE CRITS. BETTER YET WE DONT NEED ANY ENLARGED WARRIORS CLUTTERING OUR UIs WHEN THEY VICTORY RUSH. COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY RISKS to have during an encounter.

    ADD-ons like sexymap are completely unnecessary. Things like that are what will create distractions that will LEAD TO YOU DYING AND CAUSING WIPES AT 0.0001%

    Why is your name XXX? Do you understand that such a name can be a huge fucking problem when half the fucking raid can't pronounce that name if we're trying to communicate something to you? Why can't you have a normal name like Bob or Jimmy?"

    It was 4 letters and 2 syllables with no special characters. It's also funny because their gm and leading fury warriors use minors. Herp derp derp.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2013-02-16 at 07:46 AM.

  7. #107
    Oh I just re-read your post, I thought you meant you weren't able to progress because of it...

    Got it now...

  8. #108
    Stood in the Fire zanexlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why is your name XXX? Do you understand that such a name can be a huge fucking problem when half the fucking raid can't pronounce that name if we're trying to communicate something to you? Why can't you have a normal name like Bob or Jimmy?
    There's something seriously wrong with this guy. I'd like to see him talk to someone like this irl, and just see who dies.
    Yes, we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom.

  9. #109
    It's different times. People that know what they're doing are going to have to step up and start teaching people. Contribute.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with this guy. I'd like to see him talk to someone like this irl, and just see who dies.
    That being said, theres something wrong with you if you think someone dies irl everytime bad manners are thrown around. Or are you that hardcore in Sweden?

  11. #111
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    It´s not always about the player.
    If you are in a bad guild, and still run around in LFR set items some guilds just skip you cause you wont help much.
    Sure it´s a cool thing to have a good DD that doesnt die. But i sucks to have a gimped one that cant bring the expected DPS no matter how good he is, because he´s kinda a whole tier behind.
    Guild recruitment is horrible nowadays for this reason (LFR achievement/gear is not enough in the eyes of the community), along with the fact that GMs and Officers have horribly high entry requirements.

    Point one of this post should fix it somewhat.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/6 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  12. #112
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    507
    Dunning–Kruger effect all over this thread.

  13. #113
    Brewmaster Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkee View Post
    Dunning–Kruger effect all over this thread.
    Thank you sir, I actually learned a new phrase today. Seriously, I never knew the name of that cognitive disorder.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Thank you sir, I actually learned a new phrase today. Seriously, I never knew the name of that cognitive disorder.
    For some reason the particular google search I did for Dunning-Kruger effect showed that the wikipedia page for it is already purple (I alraedy searched for it). But I have no recollection of it !

    I relearned a new phrase today XD

  15. #115
    Field Marshal Lenarific's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    95

    Wink Ysera????

    Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    in my server getting into a guild with good progress (normal) just requires to be online when the raid is about to start they even give you flask most of the times and food. my server is filled with casuals who only plays when they want and if they dont want to raid they just pretend to be afk for hrs.



    Ysera????????

  16. #116
    Not being able to find a guild or being kicked is very rarely due to someone else than yourself, either because of your play or your social "skills" (basically writing a proper application and not being quite as ignorant as OP). I have standing invites into 4 of the 10 top guilds on my server, just from being a nice guy and solid player when I had the chance to play with them (almost every guild needs to pug a player once in a while, if only for altruns, admittedly joining them requires some gear/xp in the first place). Most guilds aren't looking for amazing players (even if it helps:P), they are just looking for someone who can perform decently, shows up for raids and isn't an obnoxious prick (to be fair, all of this seems to be very challenging for 95% of the wow population).

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Not being able to find a guild or being kicked is very rarely due to someone else than yourself, either because of your play or your social "skills" (basically writing a proper application and not being quite as ignorant as OP). I have standing invites into 4 of the 10 top guilds on my server, just from being a nice guy and solid player when I had the chance to play with them (almost every guild needs to pug a player once in a while, if only for altruns, admittedly joining them requires some gear/xp in the first place). Most guilds aren't looking for amazing players (even if it helps:P), they are just looking for someone who can perform decently, shows up for raids and isn't an obnoxious prick (to be fair, all of this seems to be very challenging for 95% of the wow population).
    And get benched? Why does no one say whether they would get benched or not...

    This thread isn't completely about the fact that you get into the guild or not, its about the fact of getting benched for someone which obviously has shown their nicer & such, but I haven't had much of a chance to prove it, and when GM expects so & so numbers, and that other person so & so he's comparing me to pulls less than mine, thats what I'm saying.

    I don't want to start from base 1 on this discussion but if your going to bring the argument of you can get into a guild while being a nice guy & just being sociable, thats great & all. For the most part I am, but on top of that I also live in the real world, and sometimes people including me can be assholes, we all have those days. Just make sure from now on, if your going to post such things, include how much you get benched...

  18. #118
    If you are still 470 at this point in the expansion then you clearly either don't have a clue or don't give a shit, neither of which are particularly desirable to recruiters.

    You want to get into a decent guild and be taken to raids when next patch you won't even be able to enter LFR? What a joke. I levelled a warlock from 85 to 90 and got it to 471 ilvl in just one reset, without getting boosted, if your gear is in such bad shape I can see why you have trouble convincing people that you are TOP WARLOCK EVER EU.
    Last edited by CptAwesome; 2013-02-17 at 06:43 PM.
    EX - 14/14 HC - Ravencrest EU
    www.ex-gaming.org

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    If you are still 470 at this point in the expansion then you clearly either don't have a clue or don't give a shit, neither of which are particularly desirable to recruiters.

    You want to get into a decent guild and be taken to raids when next patch you won't even be able to enter LFR? What a joke. I levelled a warlock from 85 to 90 and got it to 471 ilvl in just one reset, without getting boosted, if your gear is in such bad shape I can see why you have trouble convincing people that you are TOP WARLOCK EVER EU.
    Wow yeah, first thing I did was report your post. It might be very well possible that I might have a life outside WoW and it got in the way, or maybe I lost interest, or maybe none of my friends that were playing, just came back recently, or hey, maybe I'm new. You don't know any of that to do you? Clearly I'm not new, but if I had been...jesus how obnoxious can one person be.

    I got to 85-90 and 471 in one reset as well...You really just.

    I'm not gonna even continue responding to your post. I'm seriously...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 12:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    If you are still 470 at this point in the expansion then you clearly either don't have a clue or don't give a shit, neither of which are particularly desirable to recruiters.

    You want to get into a decent guild and be taken to raids when next patch you won't even be able to enter LFR? What a joke. I levelled a warlock from 85 to 90 and got it to 471 ilvl in just one reset, without getting boosted, if your gear is in such bad shape I can see why you have trouble convincing people that you are TOP WARLOCK EVER EU.
    By the way, I'm US, and I never said I was top warlock. Seriously, I reported you post for more than 2 reasons...

  20. #120
    Alright, so let me get this right...

    You have joined a guild, you're behind in gear and progress, and you expect to be brought on all the raids?
    - While you might pull the same or better dps than the other guy.. Its not always whats the important thing.
    Setup, tactics, and roles(dispeller, interrupter, kiter) all that matters.
    Why should they bring you? - I wouldnt. If they already have 10 players very capable of their jobs, and if they're currently progressing on something important.


    I recently took the jump from a 2200ish world ranked guild, to a 310ish world ranked guild.
    They were about to progress on Sha of Fear HC, and I was just starting to progress on Lei Shi.
    - But a well written application, w/ logs, pics, explanations, good answers, and just be open and polite, got me into the guild.
    I've been on Sha of Fear HC, for phase 1, and was part of the setup who got him to phase 2 for the first time.
    But after that I was benched, even though I could pull equal numbers with the other healers.
    They wanted to bring a more experienced player, and a player they knew. All understandable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •