Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    seems to me that you are a little full of yourself. we are always recruiting and honestly turn players away with your attitude. we are not looking to provide you something by membership in our guild, we are looking for what you can provide to our group.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Any minor glyph. When I told them world first guilds used them so how is it a big deal, they called me sassy.

They are 16/16h too.

Excerpts

"Why are you running Minor glyphs? AT ALL? All they will do is create graphical lag that will be a problem during a bloodlust when multiple spell effects are going off. THE LAST THING WE NEED IS FUCKING FIRELINES FROM CHARGE OR CROWS FLYING AROUND EVERYWHERE WHEN YOUR EXECUTE CRITS. BETTER YET WE DONT NEED ANY ENLARGED WARRIORS CLUTTERING OUR UIs WHEN THEY VICTORY RUSH. COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY RISKS to have during an encounter.

ADD-ons like sexymap are completely unnecessary. Things like that are what will create distractions that will LEAD TO YOU DYING AND CAUSING WIPES AT 0.0001%

Why is your name XXX? Do you understand that such a name can be a huge fucking problem when half the fucking raid can't pronounce that name if we're trying to communicate something to you? Why can't you have a normal name like Bob or Jimmy?"

It was 4 letters and 2 syllables with no special characters. It's also funny because their gm and leading fury warriors use minors. Herp derp derp.
    thank you for this post. what your former gm had to say actually made some sence. much like having a vanity pet out during a raid serves no useful purpose other than to use pixels that are uneeded to compete the encounter, save for the stone guardian ach........

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Wow yeah, first thing I did was report your post. It might be very well possible that I might have a life outside WoW and it got in the way, or maybe I lost interest, or maybe none of my friends that were playing, just came back recently, or hey, maybe I'm new. You don't know any of that to do you? Clearly I'm not new, but if I had been...jesus how obnoxious can one person be.

I got to 85-90 and 471 in one reset as well...You really just.

I'm not gonna even continue responding to your post. I'm seriously...

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 12:34 PM ----------

By the way, I'm US, and I never said I was top warlock. Seriously, I reported you post for more than 2 reasons...
    why exactly was his post reportable? what was more than an honest assesment of average ilvl this many months into the current expansion?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    And get benched? Why does no one say whether they would get benched or not...

This thread isn't completely about the fact that you get into the guild or not, its about the fact of getting benched for someone which obviously has shown their nicer & such, but I haven't had much of a chance to prove it, and when GM expects so & so numbers, and that other person so & so he's comparing me to pulls less than mine, thats what I'm saying.

I don't want to start from base 1 on this discussion but if your going to bring the argument of you can get into a guild while being a nice guy & just being sociable, thats great & all. For the most part I am, but on top of that I also live in the real world, and sometimes people including me can be assholes, we all have those days. Just make sure from now on, if your going to post such things, include how much you get benched...
    I've never been benched in a guild past the trial period, ever, and I've played on a significantly higher level than you are looking for. In fact I've ended up as the core healer (or in this case the mt) in close to every guild I've played in, and often also raidleader (eventually). You are being sat for a reason, most likely because you aren't very likeable, doesn't put effort in (easily seen from your armory) nor is nearly as good as you think you are. Why would several guilds just randomly decide to sit you when most players don't have these issues at all? Is it that hard for you to consider that it might be you and not everyone else?

Also, stop bothering the moderators for no reason, I frankly find most of your posts far more rude/ignorant than Cpts. I'm honestly starting to wonder if you are diagnosed with something, you are display a terrifying inability to look at things from another persons point of view.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-17 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Alright, so let me get this right...

You have joined a guild, you're behind in gear and progress, and you expect to be brought on all the raids?
    - While you might pull the same or better dps than the other guy.. Its not always whats the important thing.
    Setup, tactics, and roles(dispeller, interrupter, kiter) all that matters.
    Why should they bring you? - I wouldnt. If they already have 10 players very capable of their jobs, and if they're currently progressing on something important.

I recently took the jump from a 2200ish world ranked guild, to a 310ish world ranked guild.
    They were about to progress on Sha of Fear HC, and I was just starting to progress on Lei Shi.
    - But a well written application, w/ logs, pics, explanations, good answers, and just be open and polite, got me into the guild.
    I've been on Sha of Fear HC, for phase 1, and was part of the setup who got him to phase 2 for the first time.
    But after that I was benched, even though I could pull equal numbers with the other healers.
    They wanted to bring a more experienced player, and a player they knew. All understandable.

Right but again, things I didn't mention that really slipped my mind the GM mentioned.

1. The other guy had his first time in the same encounters as I would've this week. Again, I can understand they already knew him, but I would prefer them not to lie to me. If they're going to bench me because of numbers and not experience, I expect that to be the reason and the person they're benching me for had better be pulling the same numbers. I do agree with you, if they knew the mechanics and had personal experience with fights, no problem if they've been on it for awhile.

2. This guild didn't require me to write an app, so I don't think any of that was possible for me. Although I've written decent apps before so its nothing new to me.

I haven't been in a successful guild that lasts longer than 3-4 months since BC that raids consistently.
    Maybe the problem is you?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

why exactly was his post reportable? what was more than an honest assesment of average ilvl this many months into the current expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    If you are still 470 at this point in the expansion then you clearly either don't have a clue or don't give a shit, neither of which are particularly desirable to recruiters.

You want to get into a decent guild and be taken to raids when next patch you won't even be able to enter LFR? What a joke. I levelled a warlock from 85 to 90 and got it to 471 ilvl in just one reset, without getting boosted, if your gear is in such bad shape I can see why you have trouble convincing people that you are TOP WARLOCK EVER EU.
    He assumed that I'd had my lock at 90 for months on in now, my lock in fact hit 90 I believe to be exact last sunday or monday. And by thursday I was in 471 equipped ilevel with I think every piece enchanted & gemmed except for my belt, which I'm waiting for LFR next week to see if I get lucky with a belt or not.

The way he put it as well, was EXTREMELY obnoxious. He also assumed I was in EU, which honeslty proves 100% that he's a complete jerk in every way in his post. I'm not sure how you didn't see any of this as being reportable...

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torunscar View Post
    Maybe the problem is you?
    I'm going to assume you didn't bother reading any of my posts. Move along

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I've never been benched in a guild past the trial period, ever, and I've played on a significantly higher level than you are looking for. In fact I've ended up as the core healer (or in this case the mt) in close to every guild I've played in, and often also raidleader (eventually). You are being sat for a reason, most likely because you aren't very likeable, doesn't put effort in (easily seen from your armory) nor is nearly as good as you think you are. Why would several guilds just randomly decide to sit you when most players don't have these issues at all? Is it that hard for you to consider that it might be you and not everyone else?

Also, stop bothering the moderators for no reason, I frankly find most of your posts far more rude/ignorant than Cpts. I'm honestly starting to wonder if you are diagnosed with something, you are display a terrifying inability to look at things from another persons point of view.
    I've asked mods to close this twice now. To just save everybody the headache, so reporting obviously isn't that much different if they don't want to close it.

And I fail to see how I'm more ignorant than him. I'm starting to wonder if anybody reads my posts...

15+ Year Old Account
    Better yet, you could stop posting in the thread and let it die. Or quit following the replies. Clearly you came to that conclusion on your own, considering...

Wait..

but I assume most guilds have alt groups that are in heroic progression...
    Most guilds, huh.

What do you think the word "most" means?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/draenor

Come on over to Draenor, I believe we're the best eu pve server going, nice high standard.
    From what I can see, you have two decent 25man guilds and the rest are mediocre guilds that haven't even cleared MSV yet.

The problem with recruitment is people joining and quitting 2 weeks later. It's quite easy to find decent players now. The hard thing is finding decent players that want to spend 5 nights a week raiding for an extended period. Everyone's a casual now.

A half decent guild will not be be doing normals : )
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    We get it. You're awesome, the rest of the world isn't.

Move along.
    I'm awesome also. You just aren't.

Deleted
    It sucks to be better than the average but not so good as to be in a top guild.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    From what I can see, you have two decent 25man guilds and the rest are mediocre guilds that haven't even cleared MSV yet.
    I think it's time accept that 25 man raiding is on it's last legs and there's not much that's going to stop that, perhaps it's time for people who hold the dying mentality that only 25 matters need to catch up with these wacky changing times?
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-02-18 at 10:30 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think I'm just gonna leave this thread.

Its become to much of a headache, I appreciate those who stood up for me, it never was intended to go as far as it did.

Feel free to continue discussing & ranting about me. But I won't be seeing it, so it makes no difference to me.

Deleted
    Right but again, things I didn't mention that really slipped my mind the GM mentioned.

1. The other guy had his first time in the same encounters as I would've this week. Again, I can understand they already knew him, but I would prefer them not to lie to me. If they're going to bench me because of numbers and not experience, I expect that to be the reason and the person they're benching me for had better be pulling the same numbers. I do agree with you, if they knew the mechanics and had personal experience with fights, no problem if they've been on it for awhile.

2. This guild didn't require me to write an app, so I don't think any of that was possible for me. Although I've written decent apps before so its nothing new to me.
    Well, my advice here.. Get kills, get loot, find new guild...
    Your GM is a douche, no reason to put up with that..