Poll: Would you play an expansion that takes place in the First, Second or Third War?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

The World in the Past

I feel like at some point-Blizz should use the Caverns of Time to go back to the First War, and the Second War to see the Alliance Kingdoms at their prime, to see the Horde attacking. Just feel like creating an expansion where we go back may be counter productive but really really fun. Full out war-get to take part in battles. Like not just a dungeon but an entire world that take place back in time.
    What do you think? Should this happen eventually? Maybe when Blizz runs out of ideas? (They Never WIll) But still would you like to see a full world version of the First Second or Third wars?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because that was the Old Horde and the Grand Alliance and they are nothing like the Horde and Alliance that exists today.

1) It would make the Horde THE bad guys of the game, there would be no way around that, even with all the semantics that fly around.
    2) Time paradoxes of creating an entire expansion around the past versions of a lot of people we have in the present.
    3) No reason to go back.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-14 at 05:02 AM.

Deleted
    I like the idea, but I really don't know how an entire expansion would take place there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    No, because that was the Old Horde and the Grand Alliance and they are nothing like the Horde and Alliance that exists today.
    But would that not make it interesting enough to play? Death Knights would be out of place, and so would goat people from mars. But does make make it unplayable? When have things like that ever stopped Blizz before?

Would love to go back to the 2nd war. So much could be added. The first war I see a lot of problems doing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessMil View Post
    I like the idea, but I really don't know how an entire expansion would take place there.
    Maybe not an expansion but at the very least a world full of NPCs ready for RP and exploration

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    But would that not make it interesting enough to play? Death Knights would be out of place, and so would goat people from mars. But does make make it unplayable? When have things like that ever stopped Blizz before?
    I added some pretty important reasons to my post. Yeah, and thanks for adding that one. Death Knights would be HORRIBLY out of place (they would ALL have to play as Horde), less so the Draenei because of the portal between Draenor and Azeroth, Pandaren as well would be as well. There would be no explaining anything, it would be a horrible clusterfuck. Sure they could racechange people to Humans or Night Elves like they normally do, but really that just makes it an expansion for the Alliance since the Horde would almost never get to see their characters or play as themselves at all.

This isn't a simple retcon you're asking for, you're asking them to break the entire Warcraft universe.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-14 at 05:13 AM.

Horde would be pretty dam awesome for the first war now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2013-02-14 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Death Knights would be out of place, and so would goat people from mars.
    Death Knights were horde units in Warcraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
    Death Knights were horde units in Warcraft 2.
    Yes, but they were mounted caster units, rather than actual "knights."

Anyway, the first and second wars would indeed be interesting, but... it'd require a lot of work to remake the continent, (wouldn't really be any reason to look into kalimdor) and they'd basically have to do it from scratch, as warcraft 1 and 2 maps aren't really all that much to go off of.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A whole expansion where I'm forced to play a human like in Old Hillsbrad or CoS? No thanks. We've had quite a lot of human focused lore already, let's move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a stretch and a half for the creative team to find some way to glue an idea like that together, but I'd be willing to play what they came up with.

I'm not a fan of the CoT instances forcing illusions on everyone. I disliked being turned into a human, Im sure elf haters disliked being turned into elves, horde probably hated being turned into either and on my paladin, lock and shaman WoE was just razzing me. I really wouldn't find such an expansion interesting. Perhaps a single person game based around a major event could be fun, but not a wow expansion.

I would play those as a 5man or a raid for sure. However, I don't see them ever becoming an expansion all on their own.

Deleted
    I definitely would... WoW needs to look at its history and release relevant content. I'm honestly bored of every expansion whose lore starts by "Behind the mists, a new soil lays.."