Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Meta Damage

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Capacitive Primal Diamond – 15.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient by spec:
    - Beast Mastery: 1.604
    - Marksmanship: 1.594
    - Survival: 1.449
    15 PPM means 3 damage procs per minute.
    Using this equation I can find the dps of each given meta

(((280+75% of AP) *damage procs) / 60) * SV mastery

BM PPM: 24.06 4.812 damage PPM
    MM PPM: 23.91 4.782 damage PPM
    SV PPM: 21.735 4.347 damage PPM
    I can find the dps given by the meta. My AP is approximately 61468 with all my procs averaged out.

BM: ((280+75% of 61468) *4.812 damage procs) / 60 = 3719.7562
    MM: ((280+75% of 61468) *4.782 damage procs) / 60 = 3696.5657
    SV: (((280+75% of 61468) *4.347 damage procs) / 60) * 1.2067 = 4054.87817311 (with 20.67% mastery)

The meta is pretty powerful for us imo.

*it appears that I actually didn't misread it. I thought I did.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-14 at 05:40 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

if it is effected by SV mastery SV will be the one spec for everything

Is it 15 procs per minute * the coefficient? That would make the real PPM:

- Beast Mastery: 15*1.604 = 24.06 PPM
    - Marksmanship: 15*1.594 = 23.91 PPM
    - Survival: 15*1.449 = 21.735 PPM

Which amounts to 4 (almost 5 in BM) actual damage procs per minute. I imagine the slower proc rate for SV is to balance its mastery against the other specs (and MM's is slightly lower than BM to make up for Piercing Shots?)

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is it 15 procs per minute * the coefficient? That would make the real PPM:

- Beast Mastery: 15*1.604 = 24.06 PPM
    - Marksmanship: 15*1.594 = 23.91 PPM
    - Survival: 15*1.449 = 21.735 PPM

Which amounts to 4 (almost 5 in BM) actual damage procs per minute. I imagine the slower proc rate for SV is to balance its mastery against the other specs (and MM's is slightly lower than BM to make up for Piercing Shots?)
    Yeah it is. 24.06 PPM with a 5 proc damaging ability equates to 4.812 damage procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    if it is effected by SV mastery SV will be the one spec for everything
    300 extra DPS isn't going to significantly impact what specs are used.

What is the DPS gain vs replacing our old meta

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    it adds up, as it sits you need 40% mastery for BM to = SV with the 2pc t15 then the 4pc is boosted by the SV mastery, adding the meta to that plus SV scaling better with gear then BM and that equals SV > BM+MM in all aspects. Its just another example of blizzad failing at hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    If SV simmed 300 dps above BM/MM, guess what spec I'd be?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    If SV simmed 300 dps above BM/MM, guess what spec I'd be?
    exactly, i do not like SV but if FD says its potentially more DPS then i play it. that is how it is for people in top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    What is the DPS gain vs replacing our old meta
    This is what I would love to know as well. Giving up agi stat and 3% crit damage I sure hope it is a much better meta. It is legendary after all... but, will this cover our meta now and the 500 agi lost on our Sha touch weapons? That is the real question here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    This is what I would love to know as well. Giving up agi stat and 3% crit damage I sure hope it is a much better meta. It is legendary after all... but, will this cover our meta now and the 500 agi lost on our Sha touch weapons? That is the real question here.
    Keep in mind: you might lose 500 Agility, but the raw gain in terms of item stats (LFR is 483 vs 502... that is 19 item levels, more than a full tier), which includes weapon damage, you'd be foolish to think anything otherwise of it. Plus you can still add the prismatic socket to any 5.2 weapons (from the 5.1 quest line). It's no Sha-Touched socket, but it does help.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    i think its additional to the other, not an either or.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Keep in mind: you might lose 500 Agility, but the raw gain in terms of item stats (LFR is 483 vs 502... that is 19 item levels, more than a full tier), which includes weapon damage, you'd be foolish to think anything otherwise of it. Plus you can still add the prismatic socket to any 5.2 weapons (from the 5.1 quest line). It's no Sha-Touched socket, but it does help.
    Correct, but we are trading in one legendary quest reward for another one that (I think) replaces an already good meta. So do we gain from this change of legendary reward more or less than the 500 agi Sha touched gem. I would hope we gain more just because it is further int he quest line. But then again it is Blizzard so idk.

Have we determined if the legendary meta replaces our Agile Primal, or if it's additional?

517 taoren is better than the 522 normal weapons. That being said (if you are lucky and have 517 taoren), we're probably going to keep all our legendary rewards until heroic modes and then some.

There is no way that these will be replacing our meta gems in its current state. If it did it would be an excuse of a legendary. In fact it would be about a 1k dps increase in all specs if it were to replace our metas. That is terrible. Logically there will be another socket for the legendary. If not they better add 216 agi and 3% crit damage on that meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    517 taoren is better than the 522 normal weapons. That being said (if you are lucky and have 517 taoren), we're probably going to keep all our legendary rewards until heroic modes and then some.

There is no way that these will be replacing our meta gems in its current state. If it did it would be an excuse of a legendary. In fact it would be about a 1k dps increase in all specs if it were to replace our metas. That is terrible. Logically there will be another socket for the legendary. If not they better add 216 agi and 3% crit damage on that meta.
    Just simmed my toon with FD, 110k with 8.7fight length and then swapped my critdmg meta to a silly stam/stun reduction one and lost 898 DPS

Deleted
    This is ridiculous. Someone asked if the proc from the legendary meta gem could crit, Ghostcrawler replied with the following:

Yes, but it uses your spell crit/hit rates.
    Great, so our gem purely used by physical classes uses spell crit.

then basically atm, the legendary meta is a downgrade respect to our actual meta right?

Deleted
    Hmmm. Any news about legendary meta? Don't feel like replacing my normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    This is ridiculous. Someone asked if the proc from the legendary meta gem could crit, Ghostcrawler replied with the following:

Great, so our gem purely used by physical classes uses spell crit.
    And it would take a mere few lines to change it from "get.spellcrit" or similar to "get.rangedcrit" etc.