Wanting To Try DW

Kinda wanna give DW a try but im in a pinch as far as weapons go. Right now I only have 2x 496 Scimitar's and 1x 483 Kilrak, Jaw of Terror. I have the ability to use the +500 strength gem and extra gem from both parts of the legendary quest. So my question is should I use 2 496 Scimitar's or 1 496 Scimitar and 1 483 Kilrak to utilize the 2 gems I can put in it?
    Last edited by skmage; 2013-02-13 at 08:35 PM.

My guess would be both 496s, but I'm not sure. Import your character into simcraft and try em both out.

TL: DR - Use MH 496 Scimitar and OH 483 Jaw of terror with +500 str +160 str gem

Because of the massive stat gain (660 Str), and the fact that Offhand DPS isn't weighted that high (lower than strength), the extra Str will out value the extra weapon DPS you'd get from Offhand 496 Scimitar. I have run this sim in the past, and it will come out ahead.

Roughly speaking OH weapon DPS is weighted at 2.7 and Str is weighted at 3.5, and with OH Scimitar you will only gain 377 DPS vs the 660 str with Raidfinder kilrak (Also for any followups, I do realize there are other stats involved, but if you just consider these, you can make the conclusion, because it's that big of a difference)
    Last edited by Donken; 2013-02-13 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Donken View Post
    TL: DR - Use MH 496 Scimitar and OH 483 Jaw of terror with +500 str +160 str gem

Because of the massive stat gain (660 Str), and the fact that Offhand DPS isn't weighted that high (lower than strength), the extra Str will out value the extra weapon DPS you'd get from Offhand 496 Scimitar. I have run this sim in the past, and it will come out ahead.

Roughly speaking OH weapon DPS is weighted at 2.7 and Str is weighted at 3.5, and with OH Scimitar you will only gain 377 DPS vs the 660 str with Raidfinder kilrak (Also for any followups, I do realize there are other stats involved, but if you just consider these, you can make the conclusion, because it's that big of a difference)
    Assuming an 80str/160 hit gem in the 496 scimitar, it pulls ahead on base strength by 60, so it's 377 dps vs 600 strength, which still puts the Kilrak ahead, just adding this for clarification/for anyone who ever needs that broken down.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.