Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    I find breath to be pretty reliable, you might get unlucky streaks but most of the time I find it's up for when I want it.

  2. #222
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Oh dear, BotH isn't on the list of restorable items. I ticketed about it to see if I can get it restored anyway, but it'd suck not being able to get it back.

  3. #223
    Which trinket is better.. Wushoolay's Final Choice 502(Raid Finder) or Relic of Yu'lon 484?
    Fire Mage.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Plixo View Post
    Which trinket is better.. Wushoolay's Final Choice 502(Raid Finder) or Relic of Yu'lon 484?
    Fire Mage.
    Exact same question, but for Frost?
    Also will multi dotting reduce the wide variances in proccing time of RPPM trinkets (I think Wushoolay is one)?

  5. #225
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    Also will multi dotting reduce the wide variances in proccing time of RPPM trinkets (I think Wushoolay is one)?
    No, it shouldn't as you will only have more events for a proc but with a lower proc chance. That's why blizzard invented RPPM to remove the advantage for multidotter. Only haste will reduce the variance / increase the proc chance.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    No, it shouldn't as you will only have more events for a proc but with a lower proc chance. That's why blizzard invented RPPM to remove the advantage for multidotter. Only haste will reduce the variance / increase the proc chance.
    OK. WIll be interesting to see whether RPPM scales proc chance arithmetically ro geometrically (arithmetic scaling should mean slightly higher proc chance with multi-dotting anyway

    ALso any answer regarding the trinket? Still confused about Wushoolay LFR vs 484 Relic of Yu'lon

  7. #227
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Relic is 1k intel + 3.2k proc (@30% uptime)
    Wush is 1.2k hit + 1.1k - 11k intel (@30% uptime)

    Before r-ppm change, I would have say Relic but now, I'm more inclined to tell Wushoolay
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  8. #228
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    364
    I just simmed my char with all current trinkets (only 522 versions), LotC HC 2/2 and RoY 2/2
    I used askmrrobot for reforges with Haste 5036 (glyphed CB cap) > Crit > Mastery > Haste as this is my prio from simcraft.

    Fire mage with gs 509, NT, glyphed CB, fight length 450s +- 20%

    1. wushoolays_final_choice_522 : 119124 dps (27.61% uptime)
    2. breath_of_the_hydra_522 : 116649 dps (25.40% uptime)
    3. chayes_essence_of_brilliance_522 : 116508 dps (25.22% uptime)
    4. unerring_vision_of_leishen_522 : 114425 dps (5.21% uptime)
    5. light_of_the_cosmos_hc_510 : 114074 dps (44.78% uptime)
    6. volatile_talisman_of_the_shadopan_assault_522 : 113839 dps (19.33% uptime)
    7. relic_of_yulon_484 : 112029 dps (31.41% uptime)
    Last edited by Smaikiii; 2013-03-20 at 05:59 PM.

  9. #229
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Wohoo, got my BotH restored by a nice GM. ^_^

  10. #230
    so 502 Wushoolay is better then? can this be confirmed, am a bit clueless

  11. #231
    Blademaster apokalypce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    End of the World
    Posts
    31
    atm I am using EoT 0/2 and wushoolay 502 and have just acquired the val for the spa trink. As frost I am leaning towards replacing EoT 0/2. I also have LotC 0/2 and relic 0/2, using NT so far from what I understand this would be the optimal set up for me until I get other trinkets. Wushoolay has been a hard trinket to follow through the furoms as whether it's better or not. Any advice?

  12. #232
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,503
    Despite what sims say, I still think H LOTC will be BiS overall. The RPPM trinkets are just too RNG, and LotC is almost always up (give or take a few seconds) for your 90s cooldown. Timing BoH or Wushoolay is just a nightmare.

    Not to mention all it does is further widen the gap between our worst RNG and our best RNG.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i96 WHM/i94 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Despite what sims say, I still think H LOTC will be BiS overall. The RPPM trinkets are just too RNG, and LotC is almost always up (give or take a few seconds) for your 90s cooldown. Timing BoH or Wushoolay is just a nightmare.

    Not to mention all it does is further widen the gap between our worst RNG and our best RNG.
    with the recent buff to trinkets it seems alot more attractive but i do however think H LOTC2/2 is better than 522 BOH just due to more reliable proc rate until TF/Heroic one

  14. #234
    I am playing frost for now (Its pretty nice actually ) Last night i managed to acquire BotH (522), but then i started to think about it. I have Yu'lon (484) and LotC (510). I have changed Yu'lon with BotH. Do I think right that Both is better than Yu'lon?

  15. #235
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Yes, they are both significantly better than even a fully upgraded Relic of Yu'lon.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Despite what sims say, I still think H LOTC will be BiS overall. The RPPM trinkets are just too RNG, and LotC is almost always up (give or take a few seconds) for your 90s cooldown. Timing BoH or Wushoolay is just a nightmare.

    Not to mention all it does is further widen the gap between our worst RNG and our best RNG.
    You're high.

  17. #237
    Hello, Long time lurker and First post.

    I dont have any questions yet because I got the VP trinket and the Wushloo Trinket. pretty sure as frost this is what i use compared to (RoY 1/2, Eot 0/2) (dont have LotC H) But i just wanted to say that this is an excellent post and has really helped me as a mage and I am sure many other mages and wanted to say thank you to all the people helping with this discussion

  18. #238
    Help me, please, to make a decision. I have LotC(H) 2/2, Relic 2/2 and Wushoolays final choice 522. Will be the reputation Volatile talisman better of LotC for me? Or what of this 4 trinkets you advise me to use. Almost forget to say i'm frost mage.

  19. #239
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Does anyone know if the AskMrRobot trinket absolute values are correct? Obviously they vary slightly depending on gear, but if they are reasonably accurate I could fashion a full current content trinket list for all three specs rather easily so people don't have to ask on an individual basis all the time.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Does anyone know if the AskMrRobot trinket absolute values are correct? Obviously they vary slightly depending on gear, but if they are reasonably accurate I could fashion a full current content trinket list for all three specs rather easily so people don't have to ask on an individual basis all the time.
    AMR is (or should be) widely know for faulty info and or bugs. specially on new content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •