... LastLast
    The proc frequency changes based on the ilvl of the trinket:

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

This counts for both Unerring Vision and Rune of Re-Origination.

Well this is interesting. But it aint additional, so basicly 528 stays the same and everything below is nerfed while heroic are buffed?

I don't understand this proc multiplier thing, how can you have 112% chance?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't understand this proc multiplier thing, how can you have 112% chance?
    Its a multiplier to the current proc rate, meaning that 112.8% converts to 1.128 multiplier to the overall chance

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Its a multiplier to the current proc rate, meaning that 112.8% converts to 1.128 multiplier to the overall chance
    So our shitty .5PPM goes up to .564PPM. OH MAN, HOW AMAZING -_-;

The trinket's gonna be shit for all 3 speccs of Mage anyways. It'd be good for Fire if it was like On Use with a 2m cooldown; it's too RNG to line up pre-Alter Time.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So our shitty .5PPM goes up to .564PPM. OH MAN, HOW AMAZING -_-;

The trinket's gonna be shit for all 3 speccs of Mage anyways. It'd be good for Fire if it was like On Use with a 2m cooldown; it's too RNG to line up pre-Alter Time.
    On use would be pretty OP let's be fair. Maybe if it was double the duration and half the PPM, 4 seconds is an extremely tight window, lots of chances for you to miss the buff entirely on movement heavy bosses.

And yes, never has their been a worse trinket for frost I think.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    On use would be pretty OP let's be fair. Maybe if it was double the duration and half the PPM, 4 seconds is an extremely tight window, lots of chances for you to miss the buff entirely on movement heavy bosses.

And yes, never has their been a worse trinket for frost I think.
    The Lei-shen trinket, from my own testing, is pretty meh currently. The proc in and of itself is actually decent. But after about...10 minutes of testing it procced a total of 3-4 times for me as Fire. Once it did though, my DPS spiked nicely if I was already casting a Fireball. There are terrible times for it to prc (right after AT or Combustion have been used), and that plain sucks with the low proc rate it seems to have.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    The Lei-shen trinket, from my own testing, is pretty meh currently. The proc in and of itself is actually decent. But after about...10 minutes of testing it procced a total of 3-4 times for me as Fire. Once it did though, my DPS spiked nicely if I was already casting a Fireball. There are terrible times for it to prc (right after AT or Combustion have been used), and that plain sucks with the low proc rate it seems to have.
    3-4 times in 10 minutes? What happened to 5PPM?

Edit: Disregard my idiocy, I'm sick, I got an excuse for reading everything wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    feels like its going to get buffed.......in 5.3 >_>
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Maybe it will, but atm, it aint even worth getting looked at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    just face it... it is not for us. it is for your spriests, boomkins, and locks. we weren't included while they were listing off each class and how it could be potentially ridiculous, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    just face it... it is not for us. it is for your spriests, boomkins, and locks. we weren't included while they were listing off each class and how it could be potentially ridiculous, sorry.
    How is it even good for them, when you have other far far better proc trinkets in the game why would any caster at all choose to go for this? The tiny window and potential to miss the buff altogether with it's low proc chance just makes it awful all round.

I now find myself agreeing with Dragon9870, in that to be useful, it needs to be an on use trinket that can be popped -while- you are casting.

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    Let's get one thing clear: what trinkets ARE designed with Mages in mind?

I find myself ending up with H LOTC (if it'll actually fucking drop, or I'll use Normal), and Breath of Hydra or Relic of Yu'lon because of how garbage the new trinkets are.

Lei Shen's obviously bad for us, the Crit trinket is... meh. 1PPM on crits is pretty blech. BoH is the same as LOTC, but it's a .5PPM, so I might end up using EoT or RoY over it. The other trinkets are also .5PPM which just seems fucking retarded.

The only one I might consider is the Friendly w/ Assault trinket, which is the new EoT but with an amazing 45s ICD and 15% procc chance (10s duration sucks, but still, 8800 Haste for 10s is nice [which is ~1760-1900 passive Haste, depending on how unlucky you are with procc times]). Fuck the new PPM trinkets. Just fuck PPM in general unless it's balanced. They should ALL be 1PPM or higher; the crit one should be 1.5-2PPM.

How is it even good for them, when you have other far far better proc trinkets in the game why would any caster at all choose to go for this? The tiny window and potential to miss the buff altogether with it's low proc chance just makes it awful all round.

I now find myself agreeing with Dragon9870, in that to be useful, it needs to be an on use trinket that can be popped -while- you are casting.
    It wouldn't even be that OP if they put in on a 2M cooldown.

TBH Though the ONE thing that infuriates me more than anything is that LotC is one of our best trinkets and only proccs on DoTs, meaning Frost Bomb makes it worthless and LB proccs it less often. I wish anything that was "On DoTs only" was changed to just harmful strikes. With Crit stuff, even people who don't pick up crit stuff can still USE it...
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-02-24 at 03:15 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Let's get one thing clear: what trinkets ARE designed with Mages in mind?

I find myself ending up with H LOTC (if it'll actually fucking drop, or I'll use Normal), and Breath of Hydra or Relic of Yu'lon because of how garbage the new trinkets are.

Lei Shen's obviously bad for us, the Crit trinket is... meh. 1PPM on crits is pretty blech. BoH is the same as LOTC, but it's a .5PPM, so I might end up using EoT or RoY over it. The other trinkets are also .5PPM which just seems fucking retarded.
    Aside from the proc on crit trinket being a bit meh cause it might not proc during combustion timing, its actually pretty damn strong trinket, stronger than LotC by far for fire. Now I'm not saying LotC(upgraded) is bad, but it will certainly not be our BiS in t15.

Aside from the proc on crit trinket being a bit meh cause it might not proc during combustion timing, its actually pretty damn strong trinket, stronger than LotC by far for fire. Now I'm not saying LotC(upgraded) is bad, but it will certainly not be our BiS in t15.
    So you're saying the crit trinket?

What's the second BiS trinket? I honestly don't see any other ones because of that .5PPM shit.

I don't really know what the BiS are yet, but it will prolly be between:
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance/Breath of the Hydra
    and
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance/Wushoolay’s Final Choice

It really depends on many things, Wushoolay's is a bit shitty though cause it has the ramp up mechanic, so you will have to wait for ~10 secs from the initial proc to pop your cd's(if you have any).

I don't really know what the BiS are yet, but it will prolly be between:
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance/Breath of the Hydra
    and
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance/Wushoolay’s Final Choice

It really depends on many things, Wushoolay's is a bit shitty though cause it has the ramp up mechanic, so you will have to wait for ~10 secs from the initial proc to pop your cd's(if you have any).
    Why do you say BoH over LotC is what I'd like to know. It doesn't procc nearly as often. Even though it gives 2x the Int, the procc rate is < .5 of LOTC.

If Lei Shen's trinket is proccing 2-4 times in 10m, that means BoH does too. LotC proccs almost every 50s or so.

So... 20s/45-50s of 3.2k Int, or 20s/2.5-5m of 7.3k Int? Take your pick.

Why do you say BoH over LotC is what I'd like to know. It doesn't procc nearly as often. Even though it gives 2x the Int, the procc rate is < .5 of LOTC.

If Lei Shen's trinket is proccing 2-4 times in 10m, that means BoH does too. LotC proccs almost every 50s or so.

So... 20s/45-50s of 3.2k Int, or 20s/2.5-5m of 7.3k Int? Take your pick.
    I dunno, but both of them should equal to around 20-25% uptime, and that is 1466-1833 int on average, plus then the static ammount of stats on the trinkets.

I dunno, but both of them should equal to around 20-25% uptime, and that is 1466-1833 int on average, plus then the static ammount of stats on the trinkets.
    *Coughs* If the .5 PPM trinkets have a 20% uptime, they'd be much better. That would also mean they procc every 100s (or 1m 40s), and as tests have shown with the Lei Shen's trinket, that is NOT the case. Their PPM says .5 (which would mean every 2m), but they're not even proccing THAT often, meaning the Uptime is actually much lower.

LOTC is ~38% (give or take; absolute maximum, which is unlikely, is 44.44%). How that isn't BiS is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock lurkin this thread, done a bunch of ptr raid testing + most of lfr multiple times with the lei shen trinket. All I have to say is you have a better chance of great cthulu awakening than this trinket proccing at a good time.

That said I think it'll probably get buffed down the line.

So if I have normal LotC upgraded and normal EoT not upgraded, getting assault to replace EoT would be the best option on Friendly? Since the stats and ICD are better?