Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket change is now live.

"Nethaera

Summary:
    We added a bit of cheating in the player’s favor to avoid long streaks of bad luck. This change is now live.

Longer explanation:
    Traditionally, trinkets and similar proc effects in the game had high proc chances with an internal cooldown (ICD). This made the procs random in theory, but really pretty predictable. You would know that a trinket would proc on the pull and then reliably every 45 sec (or whatever the ICD was).

For 5.2, we made a change to trinkets to make them less predictable and less boring with the RPPM system. Sometimes you can get lucky and get several back to back procs. This feels cool. Sometimes you can also be unlucky, and get long streaks when the trinket just refuses to proc. A trinket that is intended to proc every 1 minute could in theory go 8 minutes or more without activating.

Last night we hotfixed in a change for trinkets that use the RPPM system. Every time your trinket fails to proc, it increases the chance it will proc. Unlucky streaks will be more rare and extremely unlucky streaks should never happen. In addition, we increased the chance for these trinkets to proc on the pull. To top it off, we increased the proc rates of the Agility and Strength trinkets in Throne of Thunder by 10% and the Intellect and Spirit trinkets by 5%."
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Yeah I did feel my trinkets proc more often after the hotfix
    Great work Blz

Intuitively it means that say a 1 PPM trinket will be the same as before, until 90 seconds has passed without a proc. After that the proc chance increases by 50% every 10 seconds, so after another minute without a proc the chance has quadrupled.

Deleted
    did some reading here i got Yu'lon 2/2 and LotC normal 0/2. im ilvl 501 fire mage. Should i get that VP trinket or not ? and wich should i replace?
    Thanks!!!

I'm really not enjoying the 100% crit trinket as fire. I took it since nobody else wanted it but it seems to proc at all the wrong times most of the time. Moving and scorching? Time to proc. Need to refresh invocation? Time to proc. When it does happen to line up with my AT and pyro procs etc man is it awesome. Too bad that nearly never happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just acquired wushoolay, and have 3 trinks to choose from to compliment it being , r EoT, r Cosmos, and relic. None of them are upgraded unfortunately. As a frost mage I've been messing with different combos but reforging is becoming a nuisance. Any advice on the best combo per best bomb to use with these choices? On top of that in the future any ideas of the best pair of trinkets shy of Heroic trinks, and which mage bomb to accent that combo?

Has anyone tried this:

Use 2/2 Upgraded EoT heroic trinket.
    Use Valor Trinket ( same effect as EoT )

On pull with lust and all procs use pyro as your filler during those procs. Cast time should be in the neighborhood of 1.5s depending on gear.

Using inferno blast will be easy so you won't munch heating up procs as you normally would with 1.1s -1.3s fireballs.

Someone asked me this eariler and honestly the logic behind is at first glance seems solid. Both trinkets are decent and you would only hardcast pyro while under those effects.

Is there anyway to sim this to find out if it's a dps increase or not?

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apokalypce View Post
    So I just acquired wushoolay, and have 3 trinks to choose from to compliment it being , r EoT, r Cosmos, and relic. None of them are upgraded unfortunately. As a frost mage I've been messing with different combos but reforging is becoming a nuisance. Any advice on the best combo per best bomb to use with these choices? On top of that in the future any ideas of the best pair of trinkets shy of Heroic trinks, and which mage bomb to accent that combo?
    If you're frost use EoT and relic. ( Use frost bomb )
    If you're fire use LOTC and EoT. If EoT is heroic, it's a no brainer vs relic. If it's just normal vs a 476 relic, it could be close. But I'd guess the EoT is slighty ahead. There should be a trinket ranking listing around here somewhere...

Deleted
    Does anybody know which trinkets I should take for frost.

- Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

or

- Darkmoon 2/2

( 2nd Trinket is Light of the Cosmos hc 2/2 )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post

If you're frost use EoT and relic. ( Use frost bomb )
    If you're fire use LOTC and EoT. If EoT is heroic, it's a no brainer vs relic. If it's just normal vs a 476 relic, it could be close. But I'd guess the EoT is slighty ahead. There should be a trinket ranking listing around here somewhere...
    i appreciate the response, imo wushoolay is a strong trink, given the one i have is lfr grade...temporarily. would you still say that EoT and relic would be a better combo then say, wush and LOTC with nt? unfortunately yea no heroic items atm. I have looked at some trinket listenings, but im not seeing anything relevant to the new buff to mage bombs and well, I guess a more diverse spread on trinks not BiS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Does anybody know which trinkets I should take for frost.

- Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

or

- Darkmoon 2/2

( 2nd Trinket is Light of the Cosmos hc 2/2 )
    Valor trinket, no question.

Deleted
    Hey guys, i'm fairly certain i've got the right combination but, better be safe .

I've had bad luck on trinkets, EoT and LotC never dropped, so i'm stuck with :

- LFR LotC
    - LFR EoT
    - Relic upgrade 2/2
    - Shado pan assault.

I'm guessing Relic + Shado pan assault right ?

Btw, any 522 trinket is superior sur relic 2/2 ? So if we drop any trinket I should roll on it ?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Hey guys, i'm fairly certain i've got the right combination but, better be safe .

I've had bad luck on trinkets, EoT and LotC never dropped, so i'm stuck with :

- LFR LotC
    - LFR EoT
    - Relic upgrade 2/2
    - Shado pan assault.

I'm guessing Relic + Shado pan assault right ?

Btw, any 522 trinket is superior sur relic 2/2 ? So if we drop any trinket I should roll on it ?

Thanks.
    Yes, Relic + Shado-Pan Assault are your defaults.

Regarding replacing Relic, in theory yes all 522 should be better but I'd wait and see for what they're doing with RPPM randomisation. Cha'Ye's is a good trinket to get regardless, the others I'd be careful with for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep thats right.

Any 522 trinkets apart from unerring vision will be better then 2/2 RoY.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

So... Some interesting results I had in simcraft...
    According to it, its a slight dps increase to use 2/2 Relic of Yu'lon over 2/2 normal Essence of Terror... The other one I'm using is LFR Wushoolay's Final Choice...

Now... MrRobot... I wasn't using it at all until today that saw that my girlfriend's lock's stat weights were almost identical to those in simcraft so I imported my Mage as well... The results are again the same. The best combo out of those 3 seems to be LFR WFC with 2/2 Relic and 2/2 norm Essence out...
    BUT individually it ranks 2/2 norm Essence a bit higher than Relic... -.-

I just find it extremely strange... So my question is, should I trust those results or not?

Note: I'm frost, arm @ sig and the tests in simcraft were with 25k iterations...

10+ Year Old Account
    2/2 RoY is better then 2/2 Normal Eot but they are very very close.

As frost you should go get the vp trinket asap.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    2/2 RoY is better then 2/2 Normal Eot but they are very very close.

As frost you should go get the vp trinket asap.
    Yes, the difference in simcraft is less than 1000dps which is minimal indeed but still better.
    Thx for your reply will get it next week since I got the ring today because I had a crappy one...

After the PPM changes and NT buff gaming the trinket a bit with NT on multiple targets I'd say the Unerring Vision is actually pretty strong. Obviously its great to proc on your AT sequences for Combustion but those 100% crit NTs are no joke if you can get 2-3 of them out dps wise.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-03-14 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    After the PPM changes and NT buff gaming the trinket a bit with NT on multiple targets I'd say the Unerring Vision is actually pretty strong. Obviously its great to proc on your AT sequences for Combustion but those 100% crit NTs are no joke if you can get 2-3 of them out dps wise.
    I still think the only use for Unerring Vision that I see is if there is some godly start burst with cleave to be needed..

But if sims are any bit true our crit as fire will be 62% average for fireball and 68% for pyroblast.. so while Unerring would quarantee you 4 HS pyro AT combustion(if you can line the goddamn thing up).. I still think the trinket for fire is somewhat lackluster.

Yeah Vision is pretty garbage for fire unless they buff the duration of the thing which probably won't happen.

Hello,

I'm still wondering about my trinkets choice for my frostmage (ilvl504)
    I have:
    - 2/2 RoY
    - 0/2 normal EoT
    - 0/2 hc LoC
    - valor trinket
    - lfr wushoolay

What do you suggest? (i'm already at ~11k haste)

Thank you :-)