Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find breath to be pretty reliable, you might get unlucky streaks but most of the time I find it's up for when I want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, BotH isn't on the list of restorable items. I ticketed about it to see if I can get it restored anyway, but it'd suck not being able to get it back.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Which trinket is better.. Wushoolay's Final Choice 502(Raid Finder) or Relic of Yu'lon 484?
    Fire Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plixo View Post
    Which trinket is better.. Wushoolay's Final Choice 502(Raid Finder) or Relic of Yu'lon 484?
    Fire Mage.
    Exact same question, but for Frost?
    Also will multi dotting reduce the wide variances in proccing time of RPPM trinkets (I think Wushoolay is one)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    Also will multi dotting reduce the wide variances in proccing time of RPPM trinkets (I think Wushoolay is one)?
    No, it shouldn't as you will only have more events for a proc but with a lower proc chance. That's why blizzard invented RPPM to remove the advantage for multidotter. Only haste will reduce the variance / increase the proc chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    No, it shouldn't as you will only have more events for a proc but with a lower proc chance. That's why blizzard invented RPPM to remove the advantage for multidotter. Only haste will reduce the variance / increase the proc chance.
    OK. WIll be interesting to see whether RPPM scales proc chance arithmetically ro geometrically (arithmetic scaling should mean slightly higher proc chance with multi-dotting anyway

ALso any answer regarding the trinket? Still confused about Wushoolay LFR vs 484 Relic of Yu'lon

Deleted
    Relic is 1k intel + 3.2k proc (@30% uptime)
    Wush is 1.2k hit + 1.1k - 11k intel (@30% uptime)

Before r-ppm change, I would have say Relic but now, I'm more inclined to tell Wushoolay

Deleted
    I just simmed my char with all current trinkets (only 522 versions), LotC HC 2/2 and RoY 2/2
    I used askmrrobot for reforges with Haste 5036 (glyphed CB cap) > Crit > Mastery > Haste as this is my prio from simcraft.

Fire mage with gs 509, NT, glyphed CB, fight length 450s +- 20%

1. wushoolays_final_choice_522 : 119124 dps (27.61% uptime)
    2. breath_of_the_hydra_522 : 116649 dps (25.40% uptime)
    3. chayes_essence_of_brilliance_522 : 116508 dps (25.22% uptime)
    4. unerring_vision_of_leishen_522 : 114425 dps (5.21% uptime)
    5. light_of_the_cosmos_hc_510 : 114074 dps (44.78% uptime)
    6. volatile_talisman_of_the_shadopan_assault_522 : 113839 dps (19.33% uptime)
    7. relic_of_yulon_484 : 112029 dps (31.41% uptime)
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-03-20 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wohoo, got my BotH restored by a nice GM. ^_^
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    so 502 Wushoolay is better then? can this be confirmed, am a bit clueless

10+ Year Old Account
    atm I am using EoT 0/2 and wushoolay 502 and have just acquired the val for the spa trink. As frost I am leaning towards replacing EoT 0/2. I also have LotC 0/2 and relic 0/2, using NT so far from what I understand this would be the optimal set up for me until I get other trinkets. Wushoolay has been a hard trinket to follow through the furoms as whether it's better or not. Any advice?

Despite what sims say, I still think H LOTC will be BiS overall. The RPPM trinkets are just too RNG, and LotC is almost always up (give or take a few seconds) for your 90s cooldown. Timing BoH or Wushoolay is just a nightmare.

Not to mention all it does is further widen the gap between our worst RNG and our best RNG.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Despite what sims say, I still think H LOTC will be BiS overall. The RPPM trinkets are just too RNG, and LotC is almost always up (give or take a few seconds) for your 90s cooldown. Timing BoH or Wushoolay is just a nightmare.

Not to mention all it does is further widen the gap between our worst RNG and our best RNG.
    with the recent buff to trinkets it seems alot more attractive but i do however think H LOTC2/2 is better than 522 BOH just due to more reliable proc rate until TF/Heroic one
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I am playing frost for now (Its pretty nice actually ) Last night i managed to acquire BotH (522), but then i started to think about it. I have Yu'lon (484) and LotC (510). I have changed Yu'lon with BotH. Do I think right that Both is better than Yu'lon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they are both significantly better than even a fully upgraded Relic of Yu'lon.
    Armory
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

You're high.

Hello, Long time lurker and First post.

I dont have any questions yet because I got the VP trinket and the Wushloo Trinket. pretty sure as frost this is what i use compared to (RoY 1/2, Eot 0/2) (dont have LotC H) But i just wanted to say that this is an excellent post and has really helped me as a mage and I am sure many other mages and wanted to say thank you to all the people helping with this discussion

Help me, please, to make a decision. I have LotC(H) 2/2, Relic 2/2 and Wushoolays final choice 522. Will be the reputation Volatile talisman better of LotC for me? Or what of this 4 trinkets you advise me to use. Almost forget to say i'm frost mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the AskMrRobot trinket absolute values are correct? Obviously they vary slightly depending on gear, but if they are reasonably accurate I could fashion a full current content trinket list for all three specs rather easily so people don't have to ask on an individual basis all the time.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Does anyone know if the AskMrRobot trinket absolute values are correct? Obviously they vary slightly depending on gear, but if they are reasonably accurate I could fashion a full current content trinket list for all three specs rather easily so people don't have to ask on an individual basis all the time.
    AMR is (or should be) widely know for faulty info and or bugs. specially on new content.