Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    trinket update!

    I use normal LotC and Wushool, raid just droped Cha-Ye wich do i replace?

    Ty

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by icerus View Post
    trinket update!

    I use normal LotC and Wushool, raid just droped Cha-Ye wich do i replace?

    Ty
    If everything is on normal drop LoTC

  3. #443
    Can anybody tell me what's the best combination for Frost? Currently I got SPA, BoTH, Wushoolays and the one from lei shen (apparently no spriest or warlock in the raid). Lei Shens' sucks completely.
    My current feeling would goes towards Wushoolays (I love the uptime and use alter time to have the last 6 seconds twice ) and Cha Yes (no luck there till now). I totally hate the haste proc on the SPA trinket. I will give BoTH and Wushoolays a try next time.

    All of the are normal mode trinkets. Lei Shens' is thunderforged.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Can anybody tell me what's the best combination for Frost? Currently I got SPA, BoTH, Wushoolays and the one from lei shen (apparently no spriest or warlock in the raid). Lei Shens' sucks completely.
    My current feeling would goes towards Wushoolays (I love the uptime and use alter time to have the last 6 seconds twice ) and Cha Yes (no luck there till now). I totally hate the haste proc on the SPA trinket. I will give BoTH and Wushoolays a try next time.

    All of the are normal mode trinkets. Lei Shens' is thunderforged.
    I would say BotH and Wushoolay. Lei Shen trinket is incredibly awful for Frost (less awful in a multidot fight like Council/ Horridon but awful nevertheless) SPA actually is decent (although it can take you above the dreaded haste cap during lust/ Tempus Repit) but BotH and Wushoolay are far better IMO
    Last edited by lockdnloaded; 2013-05-07 at 09:50 AM.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Can anybody tell me what's the best combination for Frost? Currently I got SPA, BoTH, Wushoolays and the one from lei shen (apparently no spriest or warlock in the raid). Lei Shens' sucks completely.
    My current feeling would goes towards Wushoolays (I love the uptime and use alter time to have the last 6 seconds twice ) and Cha Yes (no luck there till now). I totally hate the haste proc on the SPA trinket. I will give BoTH and Wushoolays a try next time.

    All of the are normal mode trinkets. Lei Shens' is thunderforged.
    Wush and BoTH pretty easy choice but regarding your alter time usage you should never use it primary to extend trinkets etc that's just a side effect!

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Wush and BoTH pretty easy choice but regarding your alter time usage you should never use it primary to extend trinkets etc that's just a side effect!
    I was under the impression that it is more profitable to extend good trinket procs rather than only spell procs? You can always have 2 FoF procs for the AT at the last 6 secs point of Wushu if you have one saved up and throw an orb to get the second one unless it procs on it's own. BF is a nice bonus if you happen to have one but you can't save these if you use NT.

  7. #447
    Usually at the beginning of the fight all the trinkets proc anyway. So it's definitely not a big problem here. Later on I try to pop alter time when one of the big trinkets hits (BoTH or Wushoolay in this case). Of course I don't wait for like half an hour. But I think it's worth to wait for a trinket to proc. In almost all fights you can use alter time only 2 times anyway. There aren't that much fights that last a lot longer the 9 minutes (and here you would have to pull alter time right on CD).

    I usually tend to keep it for Heroism/Bloodlust, because you should use your pot there and imho gain the most benefit out of it. Of course you should pop alter time at the relative start of BL to have the T15 2p in parallel with BL.

    I think Kuni also mentioned in his guide on this forum that it's advisable to use alter time to extend GOOD trinkets. Of course you should also have some procs. But the procs come with haste and I am at 42% haste raid buffed at the moment (simcraft told me to go full haste because it would scale better on sockets).

  8. #448
    Hey guys, so here's my situation - I have 3 trinkets to choose from. 522 Cha'Ye, 528(tforged)Wushoolay, and a 535 Heroic Breath of the Hydra. I'm thinking of going with Cha'Ye and Breath of the Hydra. Any thoughts?

    sidenotes:
    1. I play fire 95% of the time.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowpawp View Post
    Hey guys, so here's my situation - I have 3 trinkets to choose from. 522 Cha'Ye, 528(tforged)Wushoolay, and a 535 Heroic Breath of the Hydra. I'm thinking of going with Cha'Ye and Breath of the Hydra. Any thoughts?

    sidenotes:
    1. I play fire 95% of the time.
    Use Breath and Wush.
    According to many top mages Wush is extremely strong for Fire. I haven't gotten it yet so I can't say anything but from what I'm hearing it's better than both of the others.

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    A quick question:

    Bis trinkets for frost are? Boh + Woo or Cha'ye?
    This seems to be a tough question to answer this tier. I have TF BoH + NM Woo and I passed on NM Cha'Ye recently. Ask Mr. Robot puts Cha'Ye as BiS w/my BoH but I figure the difference can't be *that* big or we'd have a concrete list by now.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyz View Post
    This seems to be a tough question to answer this tier. I have TF BoH + NM Woo and I passed on NM Cha'Ye recently. Ask Mr. Robot puts Cha'Ye as BiS w/my BoH but I figure the difference can't be *that* big or we'd have a concrete list by now.
    I ran multiple sims with my gear with BoH with woosh and BoH with Cha and woosh came ahead every time

  12. #452
    The Patient Torian kel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    French Empire
    Posts
    232
    Hi everyone

    Just go cha-Ye's trinket (lfr version). Previously had BotH thunderfoged (528) and Volatile Talisman of the shado pan (522). Would like to know if 502 cha-Ye's is better than the reputation one. Tyvm
    Retired mage Toriankel from <New Hope>, Ysondre, EU. Realm 3rd, EU 202, West 326. T14 [16/16 HM]; T15 [13/13 HM]; T16 [11/14 HM].
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...riankel/simple

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Hi everyone

    Just go cha-Ye's trinket (lfr version). Previously had BotH thunderfoged (528) and Volatile Talisman of the shado pan (522). Would like to know if 502 cha-Ye's is better than the reputation one. Tyvm
    If you are fire then I would say yes beacuse haste procs are pretty damn awful compared to int procs for us + the crit is very nice.

  14. #454
    Simple question, I think I know the answer but any comment is greatly appreciated.

    Frost spec.

    I have the SPA trinket + LFR Wush.

    Dropped LFR Cha'Ye, should I replace SPA ? I think so.

    No luck on NM drops atm, 0 trinket drop..
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  15. #455
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,929
    Quote Originally Posted by icerus View Post
    trinket update!

    I use normal LotC and Wushool, raid just droped Cha-Ye wich do i replace?

    Ty
    .-.

    Without a doubt LotC.

    Cha-Ye is your BiS; probably even better than a Heroic Wush/Heroic Breath. (Unless Cha-Ye is LFR; its crit is just that amazing)

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Simple question, I think I know the answer but any comment is greatly appreciated.

    Frost spec.

    I have the SPA trinket + LFR Wush.

    Dropped LFR Cha'Ye, should I replace SPA ? I think so.

    No luck on NM drops atm, 0 trinket drop..
    I mostly only know about Fire; how good is Wush for Frost? Guessing pretty good. I know SPA isn't that bad for it either.

    My guess is keep SPA and Wush. Cha-Ye might also give you too much crit if you have mostly 502-522s (because there's SO much damn crit in this raid... And I love it <3)

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    .-.

    Without a doubt LotC.

    Cha-Ye is your BiS; probably even better than a Heroic Wush/Heroic Breath. (Unless Cha-Ye is LFR; its crit is just that amazing)

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:05 PM ----------



    I mostly only know about Fire; how good is Wush for Frost? Guessing pretty good. I know SPA isn't that bad for it either.

    My guess is keep SPA and Wush. Cha-Ye might also give you too much crit if you have mostly 502-522s (because there's SO much damn crit in this raid... And I love it <3)
    I'm capping my crit rating at 7K and dumping the rest in mastery. With pots, trinkets, enchants etc, most of the time i'm around 26/27% in raid, so I don't waste any crit and/or procs.

    SPA is good but its annoying, since I already have shitloads of haste and the meta uptime is great already, I fill the SPA proc is kinda wasted, well, at least, not used to its full potential.

    I'm testing Cha'Ye tonight, we'll see, seems good for the moment. Procs a lot, and almost always procs at the beggining so great.
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  17. #457
    Eihwaz, I would think using Cha'ye and Wushoo would be best for you for now. SPA is ok to get started in the tier, but you are coming up on that *shit loads of haste* area, and that proc isn't going to help matters. That of course all depends on your philosophy on how much hast is enough or too much. For me, SPA is too much in lieu of having 2 other trinkets, especially if both are RPPM trinkets.

    At least if you are dumping crit back into mastery at a certain point (as I am as well), Cha'ye will give you a good boost.

    If you get a BoH, it gets a little fuzzy for me. I am using BoH normal and Wushoo LFR, but I'm anxious to get Cha'ye to try out now that our raid lock has his.

  18. #458
    I'm scratching my head at the people that think Wush is good for fire, over Cha-ye or Breath - it always gives me clunky burst, and doesn't get to the 10 stack before my other procs have fallen over - I end up having to pop my combust much earlier than that most of the time. I'll admit, I don't run sims or anything, but I'm surprised so many people like that trinket.

  19. #459
    People are way to obsessed with our combustion damage and lining it up with every single procc in the game, combustion isn't doing as much of our damage as it was ealier in this expansion due to the nerf, I never wait for any procs at all before combusting due to the rng nature of RPPM. The times I get all my procs at the start of the fight (when you're out of combat for a bit so the multiplier starts ticking) my wush is usually at 3-5 stacks anyways and it's big enough to start spamming pyros. If you stop having the mentality that everything needs to be perfectly lined up to get a good combustion I think you will find it much better and easier to use. Besides that it's simply amazing mid fight with pyro spams & NT applying at 10th stack.

  20. #460
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I'm capping my crit rating at 7K and dumping the rest in mastery. With pots, trinkets, enchants etc, most of the time i'm around 26/27% in raid, so I don't waste any crit and/or procs.

    SPA is good but its annoying, since I already have shitloads of haste and the meta uptime is great already, I fill the SPA proc is kinda wasted, well, at least, not used to its full potential.

    I'm testing Cha'Ye tonight, we'll see, seems good for the moment. Procs a lot, and almost always procs at the beggining so great.
    Oh true. Hopefully you can get Breath of Hydra.

    The ONE problem with CY is the 10s duration, but it has over double the RPPM of Wush and BoH. For Frost, that's not that big a deal, but it hurts me as Fire a bit due to Combustion bullshit :\

    Also keep in mind that SPA gives all your spells increased damage due to passive Int, while CY only gives procced spells super-increased damage, and un-procced spells decreased damage (comparatively to SPA)

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •