Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Your Raid but all attempts on bosses:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u.../2/?enc=bosses

Wushoolay's Lightning 48 939.9 27.6 %
    Mastermind 87 828.9 24.3 %
    Tempus Repit 149 1304.2 38.3 %

picking up a "random one" with good procs isnt really helpful imho

Just got LoTC HC, is it worth replacing the vp trinket with it, considering im just below the magical 12600 haste?

Deleted
    Seems kinda low for this lockout, i've had much better uptimes in the past i'm sure.

But anyway, i'm not gonna search for em for hours ^^, you can choose to not believe me thats not a problem .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    First random logs I took from a recent raid:
    Meta = 40%
    Wush = 39
    Cha'Ye = 28
    uptime for this log considering ONLY boss kills is
    Meta = 40.2%
    Wush = 28.6%
    Cha'Ye = 25.3%
    still higher of numbers i usually get with trinkets ilvl 530 (where you have ilvl 502)

this is really strange...

i've seen another one of your logs (10/06), looking at boss kills only:
    Meta = 20.3%
    Wush = 26.3%
    Cha'Ye = 27.3%

meta uptime way lower than the other, but trinkets procs again around 26 - 27%

does someone here know what the uptime for these RPPM trinkets is supposed to be in an hypotetical statistically perfect fight?

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Seems kinda low for this lockout, i've had much better uptimes in the past i'm sure.
    But anyway, i'm not gonna search for em for hours ^^, you can choose to not believe me thats not a problem .
    our intent is the exact opposite
    we want to understand HOW can you get procs uptime so high

does someone here know what the uptime for these RPPM trinkets is supposed to be in an hypotetical statistically perfect fight?
    Well, i only have cha-ye, but i had very wild procrates:

Tortos (40%) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=6007&e=6270

Council (16.5%, and no rank as a result) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=5263&e=5571

Iron Qon (27%, typical for me) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=7043&e=7532

So, judging from first two, higher uptime cant be attributed to multi-dot fights, or fights with many fast-dying adds

One thing about RPPM vs. ICD trinkets is that if an ICD trinket is nerfed, someone will instantly notice and then everyone knows about it. If an RRPM trinket is nerfed, we're much less likely to notice because we just think we were lucky before and got unlucky recently. Blizzard may have decided that Wushoolay's was OP and changed it slightly without telling anyone...Or they may have found a bug in their RPPM code that allowed some specs or trinkets to get higher than intended uptime. There were bugs in the "bad luck protection" code before, so I wouldn't be surprised if some smallish changes would have sneaked into RPPM code fairly recently and slipped from patch/hotfix notes.

I think RPPM uptime is roughly: duration * RPPM * (1+haste) / (60s/min). If duration is 20s, RPPM is 0.588/min, haste is 30%, you get 25.48% uptime. This doesn't consider proc overlap, but in the case of Wushoolay's, the ICD helps you out in that you don't get overlapping procs. 100% haste would give you 40% uptime. Breath of the Hydra (522 with no upgrades) is 0.525 RPPM, but the 20 second proc will overlap with itself somewhat and since it doesn't stack, the overlap is not beneficial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiga View Post
    I think RPPM uptime is roughly: duration * RPPM * (1+haste) / (60s/min). If duration is 20s, RPPM is 0.588/min, haste is 30%, you get 25.48% uptime. This doesn't consider proc overlap, but in the case of Wushoolay's, the ICD helps you out in that you don't get overlapping procs. 100% haste would give you 40% uptime. Breath of the Hydra (522 with no upgrades) is 0.525 RPPM, but the 20 second proc will overlap with itself somewhat and since it doesn't stack, the overlap is not beneficial.
    so we have to conclude that procs uptime floating between 16% and 45% are tied to the horrible "RNG is RNG"
    RPPM trinkets are a so big chunk of our dps that seeing enormous variance on them is really upsetting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnucci69 View Post
    uptime for this log considering ONLY boss kills is
    Meta = 40.2%
    Wush = 28.6%
    Cha'Ye = 25.3%
    still higher of numbers i usually get with trinkets ilvl 530 (where you have ilvl 502)

this is really strange...

i've seen another one of your logs (10/06), looking at boss kills only:
    Meta = 20.3%
    Wush = 26.3%
    Cha'Ye = 27.3%

meta uptime way lower than the other, but trinkets procs again around 26 - 27%

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:23 AM ----------

our intent is the exact opposite
    we want to understand HOW can you get procs uptime so high
    I went fire for one lockout so this may be the one were meta uptime was kinda low

Hello there mages,

I have (on my fire mage alt):

Wooshoolay's Final Choice (510)
    Relic of Yu'lon (484)

Which trinket should I replace with the Shado Pan trinket? I am thinking Relic of Yu'lon.

Thanks.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Hello there mages,

I have (on my fire mage alt):

Wooshoolay's Final Choice (510)
    Relic of Yu'lon (484)

Which trinket should I replace with the Shado Pan trinket? I am thinking Relic of Yu'lon.

Thanks.
    Yep, but SPA sucks too. So you try to get BoH/Cha'Ye LFR if you can.

Which is a better choice for a frost mage?

The normal version of Wooshoolay's Final Choice
    Or an upgraded (510) version of Unerring Vision of Lei Shen

Quote Originally Posted by zoot View Post

Basically all versions of UVLS are garbage for Mages. You'd be much better off with Wush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoot View Post

LeiShen's trinket sucks for any mage spec . So, Wush in your case !

Okay, at this point I'm confused as hell as to what would be best for my situation as Fire. Here are my current options:

530 Breath of the Hydra
    530 SPA
    510 Cha-Ye's
    510 Wushoolay's.

Have had very, very bad luck in not getting at least a normal wush, but just got a BoH today. I'm thinking BoH + Cha'Ye's. The LFR version of Wushoolay's I haven't been overly happy with, but if there is some feedback that 510 wush > 510 cha'ye for fire, I'd give it a go.

On a side note, I find myself missing the days when we all knew which exact 2 trinkets we wanted, and there was maybe a 3rd option that was good but not quite as good. I really miss those days.

Hey,

I got(Fire Mage):

510 Cha-Ye
    543 BoH
    530 Wush

which 2 shall I pick ?
    Last edited by fusionz; 2013-07-12 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    543 BoH + 530 Wush

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    543 BoH + 530 Wush
    I agree with this; your Cha-Ye is a bit too low :\

A normal Cha-Ye (522) not upgraded would be better than your 2/2 Wush though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.