DK or Monk for 2v2 Double DPS Arena in 5.2?

Can't decide :/

Really like the monk and the 5.2 buffs but tough to assess in current form. Like my DK but playing him in arena is a chore, even if slightling boosted in 5.2 too.
    My 2v2 mate is playing his Rogue so pondering which one would fit better. Our objective is to score a few Arena Achievements, so no Glad and high-end in mind. Thanks

Neither are going to work very well tbh. They both die easily. Monk will probably work better due to mobility/utility but DK likely has better burst.

What class would make a good partner to a 5.2 Rogue in 2v2 then? Damn wanted to play my monk but want to prioritize for non running a shitty comp again

I am actually in the same scenario. Have a friend playing rogue, while I have a spriest, monk, hunter, and DK. Not sure which comp would work well in 2s and of those which is easiest.

IMO spriest is probably the better option, but Monks are getting some really good buffs, and may be a more fun comp to play. As for 3s with a healer? I am clueless, but would like to know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by BoominB View Post
    I am actually in the same scenario. Have a friend playing rogue, while I have a spriest, monk, hunter, and DK. Not sure which comp would work well in 2s and of those which is easiest.

IMO spriest is probably the better option, but Monks are getting some really good buffs, and may be a more fun comp to play. As for 3s with a healer? I am clueless, but would like to know what you guys think.
    Priest and rogue have always had good synergy, but spriest is generally difficult to play in 2s without someone that can peel melee. Rogues are good at peeling, but without a healer they end up needing peels themselves (they may be very strong in 5.2, but that won't stop them from getting near-globaled by warriors and ferals). Spriest/rogue would probably have reasonable success if you're both very good. The best of the classes you listed for grouping with a rogue would probably be hunter.

As for 3s, rogue/spriest/healer and rogue/monk/healer are already predicted to be some of the top comps. If windwalkers turn out to be as good as people anticipate, rogue/windwalker/disc will probably be an extremely strong comp. "Thugcleave" (rogue/hunter/healer, usually disc) is also a comp that has been good in the past and likely will be very good again.