Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    War in Pandaria vs. War in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms

    Would you prefer war and daily quest hubs in old continents vs. pandaria?

  2. #2
    like 8 years of old world wasnt enough...
    I'm glad for a change of scenery.

  3. #3
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,339
    yah im doing just fine on the new continent. ty though!
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Rigimi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    158
    I like the look of the Pandaria zones, and besides, I can't mine Ghost Iron and Trillium in the old world.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

  5. #5
    This is a global war, there's a lot of story left hanging elsewhere and really, it makes little sense for us not to go back at some point. The final raid is in Kalimdor, so I hope we get story content like patch 5.1 that happens in the old world.

    5.3 could be a good point for us to go back and check on missing leaders. For exemple:

    - Two new scenarios: Battle for Alterac (Horde) / Battle for Stromgarde (Alliance). Once you do one of them, Alterac and Stromgarde become bases for their factions with daily missions.

    - Gilneas becomes a PvP hub. The capital city is a Halaa-like city that can be taken (but you take can each district instead of the whole city). Alliance controls the south of the continent; Horde controls the North. Lots of PvP missions.

    - Revamped Dungeons: Blackrock Spire gets heroic level 90 versions divided into four wings: Skitterweb Halls, Hordemar City, Halls of Blackhand and Ruins of Blackwing Lair. Normal version (levels 50-60) is revamped as well, but still has the old bosses (with new mechanics based on the Heroic version, but of course easier and keeping the old story about Rend Blackhand and his minions); heroic is about Garrosh-loyal Blackrocks imprisoning Horde rebels, making experiences with the Sha and amassing a secret army to march against Stormwind.

    Then later as we get closer to Siege of Orgrimmar, we could have naval warfare (maybe introduce Kul Tiras and reintroduce Kezan as quest hubs), as the Alliance advances towards Durotar.

    As for gathering Pandaria-only resources, doing missions on those hubs could give you some kind of currency (like 5.1 badges) that you could exchange for Pandaria resources.

  6. #6
    I prefer the old continent, but I need BC and WOTLK

  7. #7
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,164
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is a global war, there's a lot of story left hanging elsewhere and really, it makes little sense for us not to go back at some point. The final raid is in Kalimdor, so I hope we get story content like patch 5.1 that happens in the old world.

    5.3 could be a good point for us to go back and check on missing leaders. For exemple:

    - Two new scenarios: Battle for Alterac (Horde) / Battle for Stromgarde (Alliance). Once you do one of them, Alterac and Stromgarde become bases for their factions with daily missions.

    - Gilneas becomes a PvP hub. The capital city is a Halaa-like city that can be taken (but you take can each district instead of the whole city). Alliance controls the south of the continent; Horde controls the North. Lots of PvP missions.

    - Revamped Dungeons: Blackrock Spire gets heroic level 90 versions divided into four wings: Skitterweb Halls, Hordemar City, Halls of Blackhand and Ruins of Blackwing Lair. Normal version (levels 50-60) is revamped as well, but still has the old bosses (with new mechanics based on the Heroic version, but of course easier and keeping the old story about Rend Blackhand and his minions); heroic is about Garrosh-loyal Blackrocks imprisoning Horde rebels, making experiences with the Sha and amassing a secret army to march against Stormwind.

    Then later as we get closer to Siege of Orgrimmar, we could have naval warfare (maybe introduce Kul Tiras and reintroduce Kezan as quest hubs), as the Alliance advances towards Durotar.

    As for gathering Pandaria-only resources, doing missions on those hubs could give you some kind of currency (like 5.1 badges) that you could exchange for Pandaria resources.
    Huh, what do you know... This actually sounds pretty sweet.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is a global war, there's a lot of story left hanging elsewhere and really, it makes little sense for us not to go back at some point. The final raid is in Kalimdor, so I hope we get story content like patch 5.1 that happens in the old world.

    5.3 could be a good point for us to go back and check on missing leaders. For exemple:

    - Two new scenarios: Battle for Alterac (Horde) / Battle for Stromgarde (Alliance). Once you do one of them, Alterac and Stromgarde become bases for their factions with daily missions.

    - Gilneas becomes a PvP hub. The capital city is a Halaa-like city that can be taken (but you take can each district instead of the whole city). Alliance controls the south of the continent; Horde controls the North. Lots of PvP missions.

    - Revamped Dungeons: Blackrock Spire gets heroic level 90 versions divided into four wings: Skitterweb Halls, Hordemar City, Halls of Blackhand and Ruins of Blackwing Lair. Normal version (levels 50-60) is revamped as well, but still has the old bosses (with new mechanics based on the Heroic version, but of course easier and keeping the old story about Rend Blackhand and his minions); heroic is about Garrosh-loyal Blackrocks imprisoning Horde rebels, making experiences with the Sha and amassing a secret army to march against Stormwind.

    Then later as we get closer to Siege of Orgrimmar, we could have naval warfare (maybe introduce Kul Tiras and reintroduce Kezan as quest hubs), as the Alliance advances towards Durotar.

    As for gathering Pandaria-only resources, doing missions on those hubs could give you some kind of currency (like 5.1 badges) that you could exchange for Pandaria resources.
    This rocks!

  9. #9
    Plus: this could be used to introduce the Forsaken into current story, since the Forsaken would be leading the main Horde forces in Gilneas and Alterac.

    We could also have more presence of Alliance leaders: Danath and Falstad in Stromgarde, Greymane in Gilneas, and Muradin/Moira leading the charge on Blackrock Mountain.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Plus: this could be used to introduce the Forsaken into current story, since the Forsaken would be leading the main Horde forces in Gilneas and Alterac.
    What about Drek'thar and the Frostwolves? They'd have a presence in Alterac at least.

  11. #11
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is a global war, there's a lot of story left hanging elsewhere and really, it makes little sense for us not to go back at some point. The final raid is in Kalimdor, so I hope we get story content like patch 5.1 that happens in the old world.

    5.3 could be a good point for us to go back and check on missing leaders. For exemple:

    - Two new scenarios: Battle for Alterac (Horde) / Battle for Stromgarde (Alliance). Once you do one of them, Alterac and Stromgarde become bases for their factions with daily missions.

    - Gilneas becomes a PvP hub. The capital city is a Halaa-like city that can be taken (but you take can each district instead of the whole city). Alliance controls the south of the continent; Horde controls the North. Lots of PvP missions.

    - Revamped Dungeons: Blackrock Spire gets heroic level 90 versions divided into four wings: Skitterweb Halls, Hordemar City, Halls of Blackhand and Ruins of Blackwing Lair. Normal version (levels 50-60) is revamped as well, but still has the old bosses (with new mechanics based on the Heroic version, but of course easier and keeping the old story about Rend Blackhand and his minions); heroic is about Garrosh-loyal Blackrocks imprisoning Horde rebels, making experiences with the Sha and amassing a secret army to march against Stormwind.

    Then later as we get closer to Siege of Orgrimmar, we could have naval warfare (maybe introduce Kul Tiras and reintroduce Kezan as quest hubs), as the Alliance advances towards Durotar.

    As for gathering Pandaria-only resources, doing missions on those hubs could give you some kind of currency (like 5.1 badges) that you could exchange for Pandaria resources.
    i just spent a ton of money to leave the trashy pvp server i was on. so yah lets go ahead and forget this part that i bolded. and try something else, that doesnt have pvp missions. or try the 5.2 style of "choose your mission types", first. since some of us are perfectly happy on a PvE server now, for the first time in 5 years.

    and while im having fun on the new continent, you did make me think of at least how the rest of the expansion is gonna unfold. and maybe i was too quick in my earlier post.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-02-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,737
    I like having our war on Pandaria, but some war here and there in the old world wouldn't be a bad idea either, just maybe not right now.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    What about Drek'thar and the Frostwolves? They'd have a presence in Alterac at least.
    Last I saw they refused to work with the Forsaken, so Overlord Cromush called them traitors and said Garrosh would know of their treason.

    I don't know how that will unfold, but I kind of expect the Forsaken to be the big pushing army coming from the North, so they'd take Alterac city for themselves and maybe try to expel the Frostwolves from there (which in turn could make more people wary of Garrosh's command).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i just spent a ton of money to leave the trashy pvp server i was on. so yah lets go ahead and forget this part that i bolded. and try something else, that doesnt have pvp missions. or try the 5.2 style of "choose your mission types", first. since some of us are perfectly happy on a PvE server now, for the first time in 5 years.

    and while im having fun on the new continent, you did make me think of at least how the rest of the expansion is gonna unfold. and maybe i was too quick in my earlier post.
    These are just random ideas. I just want Blizzard to do something with Gilneas. It's an awesome place, full of details (including a whole capital city) that are wasted because it's empty. There should be a war there.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,300
    Maybe in a heavily reshaped Arathi Highlands.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,674
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    *snip*
    Who the heck are you and why aren't you working for Blizzard?

    Really, I like your ideas quite a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  16. #16
    A part of me is very sad that the trajectory of MoP seems to be aimed at some kind of climax and then resolution of the peaking tension between the Horde and the Alliance. I want total war. Total War. I will lose Org if that's what it would take. Screw this peace-mongering nonsense that seems to drive the plot. The peacemonger types should struggle against the ovwerwhelming force of militarism and endless retaliation. The contested zones should shift between Horde and Alliance influence.

    Hell I would love to see Jaina flip her shit and erase Org and Undercity. The Horde is scattered and then rallies to become an actual horde; Khanate style- the Horde is a mobile destructive force. Horde capital is a military encampment which shifts throughout contested zones razing Alliance defences. You have two models for a region, Alliance held, and razed by the Horde.

  17. #17
    I'd consider playing the game again if I didn't have to go to pandaland. I absolutely hate it there.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Who the heck are you and why aren't you working for Blizzard?

    Really, I like your ideas quite a lot.
    Thanks.

    I'm just a Warcraft 2 saudosist that thinks Blizzard should explore all the rich story of the setting to its fullest.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Last I saw they refused to work with the Forsaken, so Overlord Cromush called them traitors and said Garrosh would know of their treason.

    I don't know how that will unfold, but I kind of expect the Forsaken to be the big pushing army coming from the North, so they'd take Alterac city for themselves and maybe try to expel the Frostwolves from there (which in turn could make more people wary of Garrosh's command).
    Garrosh meeting with the Frostwolves would be an interesting plot point for a quest chain in that area, see how he takes Cromush's revelation.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Hell I would love to see Jaina flip her shit and erase Org and Undercity. The Horde is scattered and then rallies to become an actual horde; Khanate style- the Horde is a mobile destructive force. Horde capital is a military encampment which shifts throughout contested zones razing Alliance defences. You have two models for a region, Alliance held, and razed by the Horde.
    That sounds like a rather terrible idea. It removes a home base for Horde players and it's patently skewed towards Horde victory after Horde victory since there's no provision for annihilating the Horde camps and finishing them off, which then would be patently skewed towards Alliance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •