Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Predictions regarding who kills Garrosh (assuming he will die)

I don't know if a post on this topic has been created, I can't seem to find one, so I figured I'd start the topic.

In each raid involving a major "end of the expansion" villain being killed, there is a character from the Warcraft lore that usually deals the finishing blow, rather than the 10 or 25 unnamed "heroes" that did all the heavy lifting. Ex: Arthas was killed, Tirion breaks Frostmourne and gets credit. Deathwing gets killed, Thrall deals the finishing blow with the Dragon Soul and gets credit.

With Garrosh being confirmed as the "end of the expansion" villian of MoP, who do you think will land the coveted killing blow and why?
    Blizzard (I think intentionally) left the possibilities wide open in terms of lore. Garrosh has so many enemies, it could be any one of them that finishes the job.

I personally think that Wrathion will be responsible for orchestrating the events leading up to Garrosh's (possible) death, but Vol'jin will be the one to say something badass before landing the killing blow ("I told'ya so, mon!"). Although all the horde leaders have justifiable grounds for killing Garrosh, I think Vol'jin's personal vendetta with Garrosh runs deeper than the other leaders.

Garrosh's actions not only lead to the continued isolation and quarantine of the Darkspear trolls, he made an assassination attempt on Vol'jin - and almost succeeded.

What are your predictions as to who will land the killing blow on Garrosh and why?
    Last edited by Fohawkz; 2013-02-14 at 03:34 PM.

"Is trouble brewing?"

Deleted
    Jaina will.

Anduin Wrynn. He drops a bell on Garrosh.

Payback's a bitch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Likely Option: Thrall or Varian.

I wish: Vol'Jin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Well Vol'jin said he would, so he is the favourite. But that could be a red herring. It makes for a cool murder mystery; as we have a situation where there are lots of potential suspects with motives, means, and opportunity. It'd be nice if Blizz gave us a murder mystery; like the final MoP boss is Garrosh, and you fight him (tasked with arresting him), and you beat him. Then he does a villainous retreat, then he is found dead. Whodunnit?

That of course would require innovative story-driven gameplay, so fat chance.

I would like to see Sylvannas do it in a treacherous act, in another step in her face-heel-turn, perhaps cautioning him not to call her a 'bitch'.

Vol'Jin's arrow will be in his back when the last drop of blood runs from his veins as he stated himself.

I would imagine a combo of Jaina and Vol'jin, or Vol'jin for the Horde, and Jaina for the Alliance

With that said, I really wanna watch Theron and Sylvanas join the fight at some point

Deleted
    suprise suprise its Wrathion, Hordes new warchief alliance gets Kalecgos we get Wrathion deal o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin or Varian. The former is the worst possible opponent for Garrosh (someone who hides in the shadows and waits patiently to strike his reckless victim), while the latter is the big hero of this expansion.

Deleted
    the blood elf leader maybe, and vol'jin, they both really hate Garrosh. and i expect Jaina will be there, probably crying about something as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    suprise suprise its Wrathion, Hordes new warchief alliance gets Kalecgos we get Wrathion deal o_o
    Kalec's too busy making half dragon babies with Jaina, he can't lead us.

Deleted
    Garrosh won't die, he'll probably just get redeemed from whatever is corrupting / possessing him. Metzen has hinted at more lore with Garrosh after MoP.

Or Thrall as it was his mistake for leaving Garrosh in charge so he owes it both to the people of the Horde and Gromm to ensure that his people are safe from corruption the very thing Gromm gave his life for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Garrosh won't die, he'll probably just get redeemed from whatever is corrupting / possessing him. Metzen has hinted at more lore with Garrosh after MoP.
    Nothing's corrupted or possessed him though. He became a genocidal tyrant before he even knew what the sha was.

Me. I've got the nailbat ready, and there will be no lube.

Deleted
    Has to be thrall really that puts the boot in at the end but u don't think he'll kill him

It'll be some big bad sha energy (or something similar) corrupting Garrosh just like his father thrall will swoop in to try and incapacitate Garrosh but the energy will end up manifesting and trying to control thrall (a far more powerful vessel) and Garrosh will charge in killing it and himself to save thrall and redeem himself

But I'd love it to be Vol'jin with some cool one liner

Deleted
    we will

10c

You will think you have killed Garrosh but it will be revealed that it was only a powerful Sha manifestation that you killed and Garrosh survived thanks to Sargeras's intervention. In return for untold power, he will command the Burning Legion for Sargeras.
    Yes, the entire next expansion will be about Garrosh leading a army of Burning Legion against Azeroth.
    You think you can kill Garrosh Hellscream!? Pandaria was merely a setback!
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Nothing's corrupted or possessed him though. He became a genocidal tyrant before he even knew what the sha was.
    True but he'll find some kind of energy in the coming patchs to make him bigger and badder

It's the old like father like son thing Garrosh will use that power to try and tear down the alliance remember Grom was very warlike as well but had thrall keeping him in check

hmm not likely.

Deathwing was a crazy tentacle creature Thrall was putting out of his misery.

Likewise, Arthas was stopped by all the spirits from Frostmourne if anything (as he could have owned us at any second otherwise).

I'm guessing they'll go typical superhero movie villain ending and he'll kill himself some how in some last ditch attack, or turn into a Sha beast or something. All the leaders (apart from Sylvanas i guess) have to apear at least a bit heroic still and execution wouldn't fit that, no matter what Garrosh's crimes. I highly doubt we'll have Lorethemar shouting "LOLS YOU LOSE!" and firing arrows in to his head or something as entertaining as it would be.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!