Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Video has a section which looks like players are polymorphed into animals/critters. Reminded me of Prince Hylas in phase 4.

Hehe. I'm probably gonna get some noobs killed. :>

Looks like I'm going guild hunting.

I'm glad they've been keeping the smaller guilds in mind when designing these. I'm the leader of a very-casual 30ish-member social guild, so I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to get my own guild in on this.

Looks like I won't have to worry after all!

Deleted
    Bounties and Challenges were the ones that caught my eye since they seemed to me to be the ones closer to raids (at least in concept). I just hope the encounters/events have interesting and challenging mechanics and are not too zergy *fingers crossed !!*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Bounties and Challenges were the ones that caught my eye since they seemed to me to be the ones closer to raids (at least in concept). I just hope the encounters/events have interesting and challenging mechanics and are not too zergy *fingers crossed !!*
    Well they said in a lot of the missions there will be certain things that only the guildies can do, however there's still ample things for the other players to do as well. So it'll probably have a few things in place to ensure that you can't be -too- zergy, and if you're really afraid of zergs (atm it sounds like you teleport to the mission using a banner) you could always go to some really unpopulated area and place it down there.

*shrugs* We'll see if any of that is even necessary.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2013-02-22 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Forgot where I read it, but one of the Anet devs said randoms can wander up to these guild missions in the open world. I highly doubt any developer's ability to cope with masses of players without locking content exclusively.

Highly doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Video has a section which looks like players are polymorphed into animals/critters. Reminded me of Prince Hylas in phase 4.

Hehe. I'm probably gonna get some noobs killed. :>

Reminds me of Underwater Fractal where you are polymorphed into a dolphin, lol.
    Valar morghulis

I shall enjoy.

When does even hit servers? Looks like a really fun and inventive idea.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-22 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I shall enjoy.

When does even hit servers? Looks like a a really fun and inventive idea.
    Tuesday the 26th.

A dev showed up at a dragon event last night on my server, he said all the devs will be playing that day.
    Valar morghulis

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what the rewards are, but I sincerely hope it's not anything that's going to make me feel pressured to join a large guild. I was also hoping these would be things smaller guilds could do, but depending on the research costs maybe not.

I'm thinking the rewards are mostly going to be just convenience rewards (like the one they already mentioned, cheaper waypoint costs).

Deleted
    Meanwhile, Trion confirmed 2.2 - Carnival of the Ascended for next week as well... why, oh why they have to be released at the same time and make me share my time between them??

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm thinking the rewards are mostly going to be just convenience rewards (like the one they already mentioned, cheaper waypoint costs).
    I only care about vanity stuff and in that regard specifically pretty/cool vanity stuff, so if there is no vanity stuff or if it's ugly/stupid then I do not care. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Meanwhile, Trion confirmed 2.2 - Carnival of the Ascended for next week as well... why, oh why they have to be released at the same time and make me share my time between them??
    That event is a limited time event right? The GW2 stuff will be here for quite a while, I'd probably focus on the Rift event to make sure I didn't miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I only care about vanity stuff and in that regard specifically pretty/cool vanity stuff, so if there is no vanity stuff or if it's ugly/stupid then I do not care. :P
    Well, I'd imagine any vanity stuff they'd add would be more guild themed stuff, IE sports your guild logo, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well, I'd imagine any vanity stuff they'd add would be more guild themed stuff, IE sports your guild logo, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    The only thing I've seen so far is the reduced WP cost buff, the +gold buff and the thing that will turn you into your guild's banner, but I haven't looked too deeply into the rewards yet.
    Valar morghulis

Hm.

Is that reduced WP cost thing a permanent buff? Because I am a cheap-o and walk everywhere.

The idea of paying 2+ silver to port is outrageous to me. However, I would be willing to cut the walking if WPs were 0.50-0.75 copper cheaper.

i take it should be permanent unlock, that would be just a waste of time and efforts otherwise imo.

I'm guessing it's like the other guild perks, where you have to complete it (do the guild mission?) to unlock it, and after it's unlocked the gm/someone with permissions can activate it for a period of time, after which you have to unlock it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

There should be a way to pay for travel with karma. I have loads karma and nothing I spend it on. The karma I did use was for crafting but now have everything maxed on every alt.

Don't see why Anet can't/won't make karma useable for travel. Maybe porting to a contested WP costs karma only. Or perhaps allow porting to your guild mates / guild missions a karma expense. Something.

Otherwise this karma thing is an utter waste of my time.

And of course, I am not gonna pay 2.60 silver to port 30 feet. That is bullshit. I shall walk, Arena.net.