Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why only crit on legendary meta gems?

Hey all, I was just wondering why in 5.2 blizz is only putting out a crit gem for melee dps? why would they only offer one stat, and why crit for that sake, the only class I can think of really benefit are warriors.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    AGI users will also use that gem.
    It's supposed to be "proc" gem, not "stat" gem. Also it's likely to be added, not replacing the meta.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Hey all, I was just wondering why in 5.2 blizz is only putting out a crit gem for melee dps? why would they only offer one stat, and why crit for that sake, the only class I can think of really benefit are warriors.
    wait till we see what the proc does before we judge.

for all we know the proc might make up for it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I know it is based off of the proc, but I dont understand why you wouldn't offer 2 other ones for each with haste or mastery as the secondary stat.

Deleted
    I feel like crit has become the "pure" dps stat this expansion, since it's the only useless stat for plate tanks currently. So maybe it's to avoid confusion? this is just me tho and could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I feel like crit has become the "pure" dps stat this expansion, since it's the only useless stat for plate tanks currently. So maybe it's to avoid confusion? this is just me tho and could be totally wrong.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/gems/meta?filter-quality=32
    it seems theres a stamina one dedicated to the tanks, although im not sure if these are the ones that are going to make it to live.

As a warrior, I fail to see the problem here. I guess they should have made it STR (and a separate one for AGI) so there would be no QQ about "omg why crit" but I'm not gonna complain!
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-02-14 at 04:39 PM.

Crit on the gems is fine since it is a small amount anyway and the proc is the true benefit.

Crit on the caster dps one sucks for my elemental shaman since crit is a really low prio =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Also it's likely to be added, not replacing the meta.
    Source,hint or personal reasoning behind this statement?

On topic:

As a spec/gear whose stat weight for crit is currently 0.38 I use to avoid crit like a plague but in the end its just a matter of not obsessing with min/maxing.Its just the non-proc of a metagen,not gamebreaking because you cant get you optimal secondary or a primary stat.

Why? I made the same question about current regular metas: no haste metas.Still waiting for answers.Its seems a trend I dont understand.

Deleted
    This expansion seems to be blatantly Fire Mage biased. The vast majority of gear has crit on it as well, which is nearly useless for most other specs/classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Crit on the gems is fine since it is a small amount anyway and the proc is the true benefit.

Crit on the caster dps one sucks for my elemental shaman since crit is a really low prio =/
    That's exactly why people are complaining <.< Crit is low for anything except Warriors and Monks (where Crit is above Mastery but below Haste).

Deleted
    To make us Boomkins orgasm. Sucks for Elemental Shaman though, it's not as bad as it used to be but Lava Burst doesn't scale at all with Crit. I guess it's the procs that really make the gems worthwhile.

Deleted
    Well... it's more or less the same reason they did haste/str only trinkets for T14, even if it's a vomitive stat for warriors. They don't offer perfect itemization, never. Time for other classes to go "this sucks".

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Source,hint or personal reasoning behind this statement?
    The Legendary Quest Continues:
    Wrathion must know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverence and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens.
    It's obviously vague, and it is the PTR and things have changed, but I think this is where the idea comes from. The idea that the "enchantment" is adding a socket and that's where the meta goes. But it's entirely possible they had actually intended it to originally be an actual enchant, not a socket or a meta gem, and they changed their mind (the wording in current patch notes has obviously changed to "metagem"). AFAIK, they haven't confirmed either way whether the new meta is a replacement or an addition to current ones, but I suspect probably a replacement. I actually asked this question directly in the PTR class/set bonus megathread but GC usually only responds to the whiners... I didn't make my post sound frustrated or angry enough.

I initially figured Mastery would seem a little more appropriate, but then I suppose it would end up being the preferred gem for some tanks.

Anyway, if the proc turns out to be more valuable than the stats and 3% Crit modifier from your usual gem, then the passive +Crit itself is a nice little bonus no matter your spec.

Deleted
    I dont realy see the problem. Crit is lickly the overall most usefull stat for melee/hunters atm not the best stat for all but still okish for all other then maybe dk (might be wrong but i think so)

It's crit to compensate for the 3% crit damage loss at least that's my suspicion.

As an ele shaman main, I can forgive the +crit (which isn't as trash as it was before) due to the proc...we're talking about a gem that basically procs bloodlust. Uh...yes please. :P

Heck, due to the fact it has such a proc, in a roundabout way, it makes crit worth a little bit more, since with the gem proc + BL + possible other trinkets/effects, we could be pushing very close to having 1 second LBs and Lava Bursts (although most of the latter are instant due to a separate proc).

should be 320 haste and 30% crit proc

love, moonkins

OMG you lose 216 Agi/Str/Int and get 340 Crit instead end of the world let's write angry letters to Blizzard!!!