Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Dumped on Valentine's Day

Well, my girlfriend and I broke up (not going into the details, sorry). Right on Valentine's Day, too (which is a day before her birthday). Lemme just affirm something: long-distance relationships, nine times out of ten, will NOT work.

So, who else here has gotten dumped on or right before Valentine's Day? Go ahead, let your manly (or not) tears flow freely.

Well it wasn't directly on me, but a bird did poop on my car today while on my way to school. The windshield is a mess and if I used the wiper it would have just spread all over the place making the mess worse. Will hose it down this evening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Well it wasn't directly on me, but a bird did poop on my car today while on my way to school. The windshield is a mess and if I used the wiper it would have just spread all over the place making the mess worse. Will hose it down this evening though.
    Damn man I am sorry to hear about that. Good thing you didn't use the wiper as you said, could have gotten much worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should add an achievement for this

Its quite common, not just in long distance relationships.

Dont make it worst by thinking too much about it, its just a day where one is is supposed to evaluate his/her feelings and sometimes that happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Well, my girlfriend and I broke up (not going into the details, sorry). Right on Valentine's Day, too (which is a day before her birthday). Lemme just affirm something: long-distance relationships, nine times out of ten, will NOT work.

So, who else here has gotten dumped on or right before Valentine's Day? Go ahead, let your manly (or not) tears flow freely.
    Why would we be bothered your not going into details, your the one who made the thread?

Deleted
    it's a day like any other day, an a pretty fagotty day btw
    just because some florists invented a day to sell more products is kinda hyped in murrica doesnt make it special

also sad to hear you got dumped

How terrible....man, I feel for you bro. They should really do something about birds, things like this are unacceptable. No one should have to go through that. I'm glad that it wasn't directly on you though, guess you always have to look on the bright side right?

Keep your head up man, and stay strong til you can hose it down when you get home.

"Is trouble brewing?"

i heard about that a few weeks ago, valentines day seems to be the best day to break up for MANY people through the whole year
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

The worst is when you're cycling, and the migrating flocks all take off in front of you and you hear the "rain" falling all over.

OT: Never dumped on Valentines Day.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    i heard about that a few weeks ago, valentines day seems to be the best day to break up for MANY people through the whole year
    It's also the reason so many babies are born about 9 months from tonight.

I remember reading somewhere that most break-ups happen around valentines day and Christmas don't really remember what they said the reason was for though think it was something to do with people not wanting to buy presents for each other lol.

The one horrible Valentines Day story I've got...see if you can top it?

Back 10 years ago I was dating a guy for almost a year. We lived an hour apart and only saw each other on weekends(for the most part).
    It was a very fun relationship, we both got along and hung out with each others friends and all that...then he started acting weird(maybe a couple weeks before V-Day) and said he needed "time to think." About what, he never said, so naturally I wanted to know what was up. So I went to visit him to talk and he just ignored me for awhile. I FINALLY was able to pry info out of him and he said he wanted some more time with his friends. Being super awesome and such, I was surprised he had made such a big deal over it...I had no problems with that and sacrificed seeing him every weekend to every other weekend instead so he could have a dudes night or two once in awhile.

Then a week before V-day he tells me he wants a 'break'. Upset, but understanding, I spent that whole week not communicating with him. I was curious if I would see him for Valentines Day(I had never had someone to celebrate it with before), and he said "he wasn't sure." So a day before V-day he calls me up to tell me he just wanted to spend some time with his friends on V-day(there was a party going on) so whatever, at this point I was pretty upset. Anyway, turns out he was "hanging out" with his best friends girlfriend at this party and they hooked up supposedly and then he broke it off with me officially the next day to be with her. He and his former best friend have not communicated since.

What's funny about it now is...he ended up marrying some other woman and turns out he was using a Facebook account to hook up with girls saying he was a "single military man" (which he was/is in the military) but definitely not single. Anyway his wife found out and told everyone on his FB that he's a lying pile of shit.

Oh karma! Thank you!

Sorry bro but you got dumped because there is another guy in her life that asked her out and she wants that person. Luckily there is plenty of other women out there
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The worst is when you're cycling, and the migrating flocks all take off in front of you and you hear the "rain" falling all over.
    Or when you're sitting there in thar harbor, enjoying the scene during sunset, eating your hotdog, and a fucking seagul snatches it right infront of you, takes off and leaves a shit on top of you. Yep.

ive gotten dumped a couple times around this time of year. not as bad as the actual day, but it still hurts when its close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never on V-day. But most definitely a few days after my birthday =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry this happened to you, gladly I'll never experience since I will never go outside. I'll be praying for you.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Not on valentine's day but i've been dumped also the day before her birthday after 3years (no long distance though).

Shit happens but I'm happy she dumped me. It hurted etc and took time to recover but when i look back on it, good it's over.
    she was really pretty but we had few things in common. I've learned from it and as long you learn and move on (like you did OP), i guess it's ok...
    Better things will come around sooner or later. And long distance is shit anyway compared to real contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    <snip>
    Oh karma! Thank you!
    haha, nice story!
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2013-02-14 at 04:46 PM.

long-distance relationships will NOT work.
    Quoted the part that matters. I feel bad that you're upset, but you weren't really in a relationship to begin with. No contact other then verbal is a friendship, not a relationship. I feel bad for people that even attempt long distance relationships because of their extreme failure rate. They basically only work if the people are slightly older, have had a relationship together in the past physically, and have cemented that relationship. A brand new relationship or a "going off to college" one is doomed from the start.

Condolences that you feel bad, but Valentines is just another day. Look on the bright side, you don't have to buy her a birthday present tomorrow.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Quoted the part that matters. I feel bad that you're upset, but you weren't really in a relationship to begin with. No contact other then verbal is a friendship, not a relationship. I feel bad for people that even attempt long distance relationships because of their extreme failure rate. They basically only work if the people are slightly older, have had a relationship together in the past physically, and have cemented that relationship. A brand new relationship or a "going off to college" one is doomed from the start.

Condolences that you feel bad, but Valentines is just another day. Look on the bright side, you don't have to buy her a birthday present tomorrow.
    Yeah I mean, I felt fine with the relationship but I guess the verbal contact wasn't enough for her. Funny enough, this one wasn't because I went off to college, as we both went off to the same college, but because she left the college.

Ah well. I guess I'll spend that birthday/Valentine's day money otherwise.