Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    I really don't get that huddle argument. Passing the ball isn't difficult at all, we pass 5x in about 2 seconds on 25 and it's always clean and efficient. If you do it for every huddle it should be absolute clockwork after a few attempts with 3 huddles. Not comparing difficulty at all here, just that this particular argument bugs me.

    Also, brute forcing spouts? It does the same damage in 10 and there are less of them with less people around you. Ground effects have always been easier to see and dodge on 10, that's just how it is. I raided 10m for three tiers, spacing and ground effects are the least of your worries.
    oh huddle? where you have 5+ healers and most raids just completely ignore it on 25man? well it's fun to deal with on 10man if both healers get huddle.
    oh waterspout? does the same damage on 25man, that's cute.

  2. #22
    We don't...ignore huddles. Are you silly? Have you even done the fight?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yeah, same with Sha heroic being a complete joke on 25 with all the different cheats for P1 & P2, compared to 10 men, where you've to execute it nearly perfectly.
    I don't find so. Killed him 4 times in 10, once in 25.

    Btw, funny having all those 10men guilds saying how easy it is (and it really is, that's not my point) while the title specifically says '25man'.
    Last edited by Dryaan; 2013-02-16 at 10:04 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    I don't find so. Killed him 4 times in 10, once in 25.

    Btw, funny having all those 10men guilds saying how easy it is (and it really is, that's not my point) while the title specifically says '25man'.
    Title is also specifying only on how many guilds have killed it, not if its easier on 10 or 25 man its just side banter. I pretty much summed up the answer to the post in my first sentence/post followed by my opinion of the fight. You shouldn't have started 10 man vs 25 man in the first place if you're going to point something like that out. It also seems the general consensus is that's easier on both 10 and 25.

  5. #25
    Actually posted that because the only answers OP had were from 10men pov.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Actually posted that because the only answers OP had were from 10men pov.
    Answer wouldn't matter if its from a 10 or 25 man point of view. The answer is easily attainable by simply assuming that most guilds who have killed heroic sha by now have also downed H Elite protectors as that's the general order of progression.

  7. #27
    Bloodsail Admiral Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,219
    We downed Heroic Elite Protectors 4 weeks ago. 3 attempts and it was dead. The encounter is actually easier than heroic protectors since the nerf. A lot easier actually. We ended up trying it with more melee this time. Six to be exact, and it was still a joke.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    oh huddle? where you have 5+ healers and most raids just completely ignore it on 25man? well it's fun to deal with on 10man if both healers get huddle.
    oh waterspout? does the same damage on 25man, that's cute.
    Ignoring huddles? Are you for real? Have you ever see how it looks when 4 healers get huddled sub 15 % while 7-8 adds shoot 5x spine each at the raid? My guild killed Sha hc in both versions and damage on the raid difference is huge. And waterspout on 25 people where you need to be careful where you move not to kill someone while in 10 man you have all the space in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

  9. #29
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In Stormwind
    Posts
    35
    Heroic Elite protectors isn't even that difficult any-more and doesn't really force you to stack range, although it helps. I would expect a good number of guilds would of killed it by now.

  10. #30
    Field Marshal Muk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kanto Region
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    Ignoring huddles? Are you for real? Have you ever see how it looks when 4 healers get huddled sub 15 % while 7-8 adds shoot 5x spine each at the raid? My guild killed Sha hc in both versions and damage on the raid difference is huge. And waterspout on 25 people where you need to be careful where you move not to kill someone while in 10 man you have all the space in the world.
    If the damage in your 25-man group was at the level it should be across the board, you would never see 7-8 adds and this "insane damage" in 25-man would not exist. The fact that you're seeing less raid damage in 10-man is most likely because those ten people you're bringing are all collectively playing at a top level. You aren't getting so many adds during phase two because those ten people are bringing better overall damage output compared to your 25-man group.

    As for waterspout, sure, I'll agree that 10-man groups have more room which makes it a bit easier to avoid the mechanic. However, 10-mans have less raid cool-downs to use and each individual player in a 10-man has to play near perfect the entire fight to get a kill. Not to mention, every player (almost) in a 10-man environment is required to take on multiple responsibilities versus a 25-man where, for example a Hunter friend of mine, has to do nothing but dps the boss the entire time and do nothing else.

    Arguing that 10-man and 25-man both have their strengths and weaknesses is completely valid. Making 10-mans out to be the easy-mode version of raiding that requires very little skill, however, is completely incorrect.
    Last edited by Muk; 2013-02-17 at 09:30 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Muk View Post
    If the damage in your 25-man group was at the level it should be across the board, you would never see 7-8 adds and this "insane damage" in 25-man would not exist. The fact that you're seeing less raid damage in 10-man is most likely because those ten people you're bringing are all collectively playing at a top level. You aren't getting so many adds during phase two because those ten people are bringing better overall damage output compared to your 25-man group.

    As for waterspout, sure, I'll agree that 10-man groups have more room which makes it a bit easier to avoid the mechanic. However, 10-mans have less raid cool-downs to use and each individual player in a 10-man has to play near perfect the entire fight to get a kill. Not to mention, every player (almost) in a 10-man environment is required to take on multiple responsibilities versus a 25-man where, for example a Hunter friend of mine, has to do nothing but dps the boss the entire time and do nothing else.

    Arguing that 10-man and 25-man both have their strengths and weaknesses is completely valid. Making 10-mans out to be the easy-mode version of raiding that requires very little skill, however, is completely incorrect.
    Every first 25 man guilds kills happened with waves of 8 adds +- one wave. I wasn't implying it was easier/harder, it was a response to the poster claiming how you can ignore huddles in 25 man which is quite a ridiculous statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    Ignoring huddles? Are you for real? Have you ever see how it looks when 4 healers get huddled sub 15 % while 7-8 adds shoot 5x spine each at the raid? .
    4 healers you say?

    :DDDD

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Muk View Post
    If the damage in your 25-man group was at the level it should be across the board, you would never see 7-8 adds and this "insane damage" in 25-man would not exist. The fact that you're seeing less raid damage in 10-man is most likely because those ten people you're bringing are all collectively playing at a top level. You aren't getting so many adds during phase two because those ten people are bringing better overall damage output compared to your 25-man group.

    As for waterspout, sure, I'll agree that 10-man groups have more room which makes it a bit easier to avoid the mechanic. However, 10-mans have less raid cool-downs to use and each individual player in a 10-man has to play near perfect the entire fight to get a kill. Not to mention, every player (almost) in a 10-man environment is required to take on multiple responsibilities versus a 25-man where, for example a Hunter friend of mine, has to do nothing but dps the boss the entire time and do nothing else.

    Arguing that 10-man and 25-man both have their strengths and weaknesses is completely valid. Making 10-mans out to be the easy-mode version of raiding that requires very little skill, however, is completely incorrect.
    Not saying 10man is easy mode. It's just not a concern for me. I don't do 10man raids because I don't feel that's raiding. Thus, 25man in my post. 10mans concern me not at all.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Haha. Had that once as well, that's more or less gg .
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    What the shit, we've never had all 5 healers huddled and we've killed it 8x.
    I guess that's just horrible horrible horrible HORRIBLE luck.

    OT: Heroic Elite on 25man is stupidly easy if your raid composition isn't completely retarded (10+ melee for example).
    We got it down a month ago with 6 melee, berserk timer no-where in sight. Healing/Raid cds was our issue, not dps.

    It's easier than Sha by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by mionelol View Post
    why isn't anyone throwing the ball?! D:

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    why isn't anyone throwing the ball?! D:
    because most 25mans just heal through it.

  18. #38
    believe it or not, if you have enough raid dps and your healers don't suck elite protectors heroic is a lot easier than "normal" heroic in 25m.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •