Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many guilds have killed Heroic Elite Protectors 25man?

Just curious. Kind of lame wowprogress isn't tracking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Just curious. Kind of lame wowprogress isn't tracking this.
    My guess is more or less the amount of people who have killed heroic sha have killed elite protectors. My guild included have actually found elite easier then normal heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    My guess is more or less the amount of people who have killed heroic sha have killed elite protectors. My guild included have actually found elite easier then normal heroic.
    Indeed. Much easier.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Deleted
    HC Elite PotE difficulty changes greatly from 10 to 25 - basically a joke in 10 man, requiring a perfect setup on 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    HC Elite PotE difficulty changes greatly from 10 to 25 - basically a joke in 10 man, requiring a perfect setup on 25.
    No, while I won't say a "joke", Heroic Elite is not difficult on 25man either. Even without stacking casters.

If you lack dps sure, not a fight where you can have slackers in your raid.

Probably 20% of the ppl that have downed sha. Atleast for US.

Deleted
    It doesn't require a perfect setup in 25 man either, maybe it helps on the first kill or so. But we've killed it with varying amounts of melee, from 2-3 up to 7-8, haven't really made any difference.

Deleted
    Yeah, same with Sha heroic being a complete joke on 25 with all the different cheats for P1 & P2, compared to 10 men, where you've to execute it nearly perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yeah, same with Sha heroic being a complete joke on 25 with all the different cheats for P1 & P2, compared to 10 men, where you've to execute it nearly perfectly.
    Except that 10 man has like no damage in p2 until the last few %.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    It should be the same way in 25-man if your damage output isn't bad and your healers have a brain.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

yeah besides huddles actually doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    we havent even tried it and probably never will, while we are 16/16

I mean, it took my guild all of like, 2-3 hours of a single night to get it down.

Deleted
    havn't tried elite heroic yet, dunno why really.

isnt the healing like super intense though? having the debuff from kaolan on every raid member + the raid damage if only one water bolt goes through when regail is dead?

and what about handling the ads in the last phase when you need to move kaolan around.

We killed Sha hc 3 weeks ago and are still scared of trying Elite protectors maybe we will try next killing it next week with 5.2 coming really soon but the fact that you dont get ranking for it and its so hard on 25 a lot of people are against wasting time on it

I think its more about luck, with 2-3 spiked hitting the person who is huddled :-/ often an insta-death

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    we havent even tried it and probably never will, while we are 16/16
    No worries mate give it a go! We literally and I mean LITERALLY killed it in 4 pulls.

lol sounds like youre doing the fight wrong son im seeing these 25m videos and, just like 10, the damage starts at the last few %. or maybe you're talking about huddle damage in which case you have the option of healing through it rather than teaching the entire raid how to operate the ball. a luxury 10m doesn't have. OR maybe your 25m can just brute force waterspouts so you didn't have to learn how to avoid them either.
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-02-16 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    lol sounds like youre doing the fight wrong son im seeing these 25m videos and, just like 10, the damage starts at the last few %. or maybe you're talking about huddle damage in which case you have the option of healing through it rather than teaching the entire raid how to operate the ball. a luxury 10m doesn't have. OR maybe your 25m can just brute force waterspouts so you didn't have to learn how to avoid them either.
    I really don't get that huddle argument. Passing the ball isn't difficult at all, we pass 5x in about 2 seconds on 25 and it's always clean and efficient. If you do it for every huddle it should be absolute clockwork after a few attempts with 3 huddles. Not comparing difficulty at all here, just that this particular argument bugs me.

Also, brute forcing spouts? It does the same damage in 10 and there are less of them with less people around you. Ground effects have always been easier to see and dodge on 10, that's just how it is. I raided 10m for three tiers, spacing and ground effects are the least of your worries.