Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Patient Lavindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Well aside from gearing UF and PE play the exact same way right? You only get a better buff from UF.
    Actually UF makes Unleash Elements a higher priority, making we use it on cooldown rather than wait to use it with flameshock
    Everything that is, is alive.

    Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I really hate to be that guy that comes in and poops in the thread, but I seriously am so annoyed by people like you. You and the people like you who can't imagine changing one freaking button in your rotation are the reason that we're constantly fed band aids throughout an expansion instead of real fixes.
    I'm not exactly who took a piss in your Cheerios, but I've never once complained about Shamans nor have I begged for any changed to be made. I just picked up Enhance for MoP and I'm sorry if me not liking dramatic change, if there is to be any at all (which I doubt there will be).

    Get over yourself, Mr. Holier-than-Thou.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I'm not exactly who took a piss in your Cheerios, but I've never once complained about Shamans nor have I begged for any changed to be made. I just picked up Enhance for MoP and I'm sorry if me not liking dramatic change, if there is to be any at all (which I doubt there will be).

    Get over yourself, Mr. Holier-than-Thou.
    I didn't say you did complain, or that you begged for changes. I said that I am annoyed by people who are "terrified of change," such as yourself. You being terrified of having to change makes the devs be terrified to make changes at any time other than expansion releases because they don't want you whining about how you don't know what to do anymore.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  4. #24
    If you will got PE haste will becom btter then mastery , personal i will go UF AS i just dont like to be balance aournd CDs if there is no fight where i cant use CDs every time i can nad i need it then it sux that why i dont like CDs build and prefer stat DPS so UF+AS FTW

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I didn't say you did complain, or that you begged for changes. I said that I am annoyed by people who are "terrified of change," such as yourself. You being terrified of having to change makes the devs be terrified to make changes at any time other than expansion releases because they don't want you whining about how you don't know what to do anymore.
    That's the thing. I wouldn't whine about it, I'd get over it and learn how to properly do it. I'd just prefer that there not be any dramatic changes, as I said, if any. You assume too much, it makes you look like an ass.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    That's the thing. I wouldn't whine about it, I'd get over it and learn how to properly do it. I'd just prefer that there not be any dramatic changes, as I said, if any. You assume too much, it makes you look like an ass.
    Now who's "assuming too much?" I didn't say that you would whine. I said Blizzard is afraid you will. And let's be honest, even if you're the perfect little angel and don't, there are plenty of people with your same opinion who would. And for fuck's sake, dude. It's not a dramatic change to go from mastery/UF to haste/PE. It doesn't even change which spells you use, it just changes the priority level of UW. HEAVEN FORBID! :c
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  7. #27
    Let me ask you all something: is EotE out of the race? I hear talk of AS and EM but no one seems to think that EotE will still be viable.

    The biggest reason why I like EotE + UF setup is because those talents boos dps without altering the "normal" rotation and since they aren´t cool down talents you don´t get the hole "if fight last x, more dps, if last x+ or x- then its a loss" deal, which I find a bit anoying.

  8. #28
    The biggest reason why I like EotE + UF setup is because those talents boos dps without altering the "normal" rotation
    It does alter the rotation a little...it pushes UE to the top of the rotation and punishes you for switching targets or using CL to aoe (you lose the flame portion) so you have to think before casting it.
    Last edited by Staticus; 2013-02-18 at 01:29 PM.

  9. #29
    Epic! Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Actually UF makes Unleash Elements a higher priority, making we use it on cooldown rather than wait to use it with flameshock
    I don't think that's particularly exciting that it makes PE and EB boring in comparison. UF and PE are both boring as hell.

  10. #30
    Cant give you a correct answer, on anything just yet.
    The UF nerf for enha, is horrible stupid. Specially with the upcoming T15 Set bonuses. Where SS gives you 2maelstroms. So we will be firing alot more LBs, than we are doing atm.

    Cant understand why UF cant stay how it is for enhance, and for elemental its 20%LB, and 10%LvB.
    It seems like blizzard wanted to buff the Ele, and didnt give Enha any thoughts at all, leaving it to a nobrainer adjustment.
    Hopefully they will see all the posts regarding the talent nerf for Enha and change it, before it hits live
    Main(s): Enha sham and Hunter. Alts: Mage / Every other class, all are 90 (Used for professions only)

  11. #31
    Brewmaster Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    It does alter the rotation a little...it pushes UE to the top of the rotation and punishes you for switching targets or using CL to aoe (you lose the flame portion) so you have to think before casting it.
    True, but people such as myself still prefer passives to even more CD buttons.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Let me ask you all something: is EotE out of the race? I hear talk of AS and EM but no one seems to think that EotE will still be viable.

    The biggest reason why I like EotE + UF setup is because those talents boos dps without altering the "normal" rotation and since they aren´t cool down talents you don´t get the hole "if fight last x, more dps, if last x+ or x- then its a loss" deal, which I find a bit anoying.
    Before they revealed the T15 gear (specifically trinket and meta gem proc mechanics), it looked like echo would be the worst single target talent but still within the realm of viability. But since Blizzard decided to use their real PPM mechanic on everything they possibly could, and real PPM scales with haste, it gave EM and AS another advantage over echo. Echo might still be viable if the encounter requires a lot of AOE damage, but it's probably out of the running entirely for single target fights.

  13. #33
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    17,734
    Chill out with the personal jabs, folks. There's no reason to take these things personally.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    Since elemental blast is a talent, would it be favorable to allow us shaman to auto attack while casting the spell? This goes to all spec that takes the talent. They allow hunters to auto shot while casting so it wouldn't be impossible to code.
    Sounds fair tbh. It would still block out other casts, so it would be enh only still (though I see just as much justification in EB being instant for enh).
    That said, I think it'd be cool to adjust the way msw is working. Making Hex instant for enh for example would allow faster usage of MSW in pvp, wasting much less procs, making haste more valuable there. Other classes profit from haste even in pvp, as it increases recource generating. MSW is a pseudo-recource for enh you could say, fueled by haste. It's our sole part of dps that makes for a noticable difference when having more haste.
    Aside from taking Hex of the MSW equation, they should make MSW more attractive to use (and meassures encouraging full stacks more as well). I am not really thinking of a straight dps buff to our MSW dmg spells, LB and EB here (since I like the biggest chunk to come of melee dmg sources), but stuff like:
    - spells used with full msw stacks only cause a 0-0.5 sec gcd
    - spells used with full stacks of msw increase your next Stormstrike or Lava Lashes' damage by X/your next Stormstrike or Lava Lash used wont trigger its cooldown, lasts Y seconds
    - spells used with five stacks of msw reduce/finish the cooldown of (and/or) Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Feral Spirits, Unleash Elements, Fire Elemental Totem, Ascendence (freely combinable)

    something like that
    I think it is cool also that there is a choice between haste/mastery (although notorious min/maxers may feel troubled about having to regem/switch talents often).
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-02-18 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  15. #35
    First, I'm happy to see Haste getting buffed and most of the secondary stats becoming so close in value! Good job balance team!

    But... I am sad to see EotE / UF fall so much behind as it really "feels" like the proper choice for Enhancement Judging by how close 5.2 is I doubt this is going to be adjusted so it falls to some interesting choices.

    For the 5th tier my thoughts are conflicted... EM gets a 90s CD and Ascendance can line up in a 1/2 cycle with it, you can then stack as well a Glyphed FE (and most likely empowering with tier 6 PE) to create monstrous burst damage. Having such a potent burn is very tempting, but can it compete with the passive 10% haste of AS overall...

    I do also like the redone EB since it works with MW, if I don't take EM then I think it might compete better in tier 6 against PE. Hardcasting does feel a little odd to me in this spec, but since I've done it with LB for quite a long time it isn't that unnatural. Maybe someone with some more time than me can try and sim some of these ideas (sorry cop out on my part here).

    I'm leaning towards the first burn build => http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#sNX|V right now. Will need to do some key rebinding as it's already getting pretty cluttered now (this was the nice lazy part about EotE + UF).

  16. #36
    If you wanted to keep the lazy part going, you could just take ancestral guidance in stead of EM. Sure your burst would go down, but your sustained would probably improve a bit.

    Anyways, I'm with you, I hope someone puts in a couple hours and sims this stuff properly to see if they really are within a few hundred DPS of one another come patch drop.
    Art of Hozen-fu:
    Grab, stab and ookin bite it.
    Repeat until win

  17. #37
    Field Marshal Stormieh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    86
    Hey, i'm currently using AS / PE, along with reforge going H > M > C along with gemming yellows with 320 Haste and rest with Haste / Hit, Red's obviously going Agi. I'm wondering is there a Haste almost cap, Or when does it start gimping us and we should be going for Haste / mastery etc? Any ideas, My dps is pretty alright so far at 18006 with Flurry up, unbuffed sitting at 8409.

  18. #38
    I changed to EM + PE last night on a whim mid raid and whoooa, this was with 21% haste and 53% mastery in illvl 508 gear, so I need to go sim my stats and see if going full haste really is the way to go, as i was peaking at about 390, and sitting comfortably at 150 with a horrible 400 latency. This is also with 2p of each tier.

    I loooove the idea of having our elemental's being such a big part of our lives, someone said above that they feel UE feels shamany, i disagree totems are the ultimate shamany..ness! ^_^

    But yeah i need to go and sim my stats for the perfect balance, i am not sold that we should drop ALL mastery just yet. (well not with 2p)

    I also need to figure out trinkets... vicious talisman vs xuen with h bottle as secondary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •