10+ Year Old Account

Will Enhancement Mastery affect legendary gem?

The Gem causes a Lightning Strike dealing nature damage. That said, shouldnt our mastery buff it as it does elemental force?

I feel like items like this and rune of origination will keep mastery VERY attractive to Enhancement. With the Rune we stand to gain probably 20% mastery or more per proc... Add that to this gem and all our other spells... I just can't see haste pulling ahead. (Of course this is perfect world scenario)
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    It affected No'kaled so I don't see why it wouldn't, fingers and toes crossed!

I am pretty skeptic about that Rune of Origination though, since our other secondary stats are so close in value to mastery. Overall a weird trinket imo, it will affect Flurry procs since some crit is removed and nerf our Fire elementals damage when the haste is removed. Going to be very interesting to see some numbers on it.

OT: I don't see why it wouldn't be increased, it's dps increase is probably already calculated into that extra modifier that's be shown for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    The Gem causes a Lightning Strike dealing nature damage. That said, shouldnt our mastery buff it as it does elemental force?

I feel like items like this and rune of origination will keep mastery VERY attractive to Enhancement. With the Rune we stand to gain probably 20% mastery or more per proc... Add that to this gem and all our other spells... I just can't see haste pulling ahead. (Of course this is perfect world scenario)
    Out of curiosity, but isn't Mastery VS Haste dependent on which talents you take? I know it was that way in 5.1, but haven't looked too much at 5.2 to see if the case is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it will be affected by mastery, given how low is multiplied its base proc rate for enha.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

pretty sure it will. that's why enh's coefficient is low.

According to GC, it does benefit from survival's mastery, so we can safely assume it benefits from ours as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    pretty sure it will. that's why enh's coefficient is low.
    this , they want all classes and specs gaining similar amount

for reference,
    Capacitive Primal Diamond – 15.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient by spec:

- Assassination: 1.535
    - Combat: 0.99
    - Subtlety: 0.98
    - Feral: 1.934
    - Windwalker: 1.084
    - Beast Mastery: 1.604
    - Marksmanship: 1.594
    - Survival: 1.449
    - Enhancement: 1.093
    - Retribution: 1.923
    - Frost DK (2H): 1.309
    - Frost DK (DW): 1.572
    - Unholy: 1.34
    - Arms: 1.771
    - Fury (TG): 1.784
    - Fury (SMF): 1.951

They stated somewhere that it is affected by masteries and other class stuff.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......