Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Grey Wind Mistcloak

and I totally forgot about those 600 ilvl cloaks.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

If you go to femaledwarf.com and look for dps profiles over 190k, you'll find my BiS configs for BM, MM, and SV. I've included ones with and without Rune of Reorigination for BM. Without Rune, the profiles tend to drop by ~5k dps, but Rune is still a bit of an unknown at this point. We won't know how close the simulators have modeled it until after hunters are gearing BiS with the trinket to see how stacking haste is really affecting it.

Just to clarify -
    There's two kinds of "random" epics this tier.
    One is the ones that are shared on all boss loot tables (Like Miracoran, Invocation of the dawn, and Zeeg's ancient Kegsmasher). These can be aquired through coins, boss drops, and on all possible item levels EXCEPT LFR (as far as I can tell).

Then there's a second kind - the trash epics. These involve the necklases for all the specs (terra cotta archer, terra cotta mender, terra cotta vanquisher, etc).
    These can be aquired as looking for raid (through goodie bags), normal (through trash), and thunderforged (through trash, with the percentage relative to what it should be - EG, 10% of the necks dropping will be TF in 10 man).

As trash cannot be heroic, the neck can thus not be obtained on heroic - only as its 528 TF version.
    It is also not aviable from BMAH - these are the +535 item level items you can buy:
    http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...rs=1;crv=0#0-2

Essentially, from ToT, all:
    Belts.
    Rings.
    Necklases.
    Bracers.
    Boots.

Are aviable.

This means that the BiS necklase SHOULD be the 541 thunderforged one from Mag. And the difference between TF terra cotta and normal heroic Quadra-head brooch is -62 agil, and -30 secondary stats. While haste/crit is preferably to hit/mastery, 62 agil is *alot*. And for most people, you won't ever see the TF terra cotta necklase, anyway - it'll be the normal one (which is even further away). And the TF brooch is so far ahead it's silly .

for those of us who will probably never get to do the heroics would our normal tf bis list look similar to the one on page 8 as just the normal tf gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    If you go to femaledwarf.com and look for dps profiles over 190k, you'll find my BiS configs for BM, MM, and SV. I've included ones with and without Rune of Reorigination for BM. Without Rune, the profiles tend to drop by ~5k dps, but Rune is still a bit of an unknown at this point. We won't know how close the simulators have modeled it until after hunters are gearing BiS with the trinket to see how stacking haste is really affecting it.
    We know exactly how they are modeling it, the way female dwarf is doing it is valuing it a bit higher than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    We know exactly how they are modeling it, the way female dwarf is doing it is valuing it a bit higher than it should be.
    You are very correct about the Rune being incorrectly modeled. Rivkah made a post on EJ about it, and I have updated the profiles to include only Renataki's and Bad Juju, instead of Rune which has been downgraded appropriately to bad.

Dracodraco

Where can I read more about this differentiation? I've routinely received drops that were not in Wowhead (when 5.2 came out, we had several hunter items drop for us in raids that would not link properly to wowhead because they were unrepresented up to that point), so the item not being in the database doesn't really give me pause.

Is there a blue post or something more tangible that I can read more about this distinction involving the necklaces? I really appreciate the information and hadn't heard about this previously.

Since Rune has been hotfixed, has it process alot better and increase more dps? Anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boots: Treads of the Sanguine Volley
    you have to be extremely luckily to get these

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just to clarify -
    There's two kinds of "random" epics this tier.
    One is the ones that are shared on all boss loot tables (Like Miracoran, Invocation of the dawn, and Zeeg's ancient Kegsmasher). These can be aquired through coins, boss drops, and on all possible item levels EXCEPT LFR (as far as I can tell)
    I know for a fact that Miracoran can drop in LFR.

lfr bis and normal bis the same as the ones listed here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Since Rune has been hotfixed, has it process alot better and increase more dps? Anyone knows?
    This answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    This answer your question?
    What happened to the bad luck protection?

sigh.. femaledwarf doesn't wannna load for me for some weird reason.. which would be better.. Pinionfeather Greatcloak (currently equipped) or Wastewalker's Sandblasted Drape..
    Durumu's Baleful Gaze (currently equipped) or Voice of the Quilen..

Voice of the quilen is better if you can use the hit. The cloaks differ, I'd go with the pinionfeather cloak gemmed with an agi/hit gem. It will have 57 more stats and 2 less agi that way.

err i linked wrong.. it's Wastewalker's Sandblasted Drape.. H TF.. would pinion still be better ? And the only reason i'm hesitant about voice is that insane amount of hit.. which I take in place of straight crit.. oh also i have beady eye mastery (522).. is that in any way an upgrade from powderburn (valor) ? i lose a lot of crit with those new pieces..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    What happened to the bad luck protection?
    You tell me.... 4:40 no proc on juju...happened on every pull, including kill...3-4mins no proc is quite common.
    I get that on low-RPPM trinkets like juju that the bad luck protection doesn't even kick in til ~2mins, based on your haste, however it then stacks up so slowly you dont get a guaranteed proc until ~5:50 - some fights are over by that point.

They need to force the RPPM bad luck protection to guarantee a proc once you've gone ~150% over the average procrate, but maybe add a small ICD so it can't proc back to back quite as much (30-35s?), and DEFINITELY make them so they cant overwrite themselves. Last week i had 5 juju procs during bloodlust, overwriting itself every 3-6seconds - utter waste.

I guess this was to be expected though, 8 years using the old system and RPPM is still very much in it's infancy.
    I quite like the system, don't get me wrong, it just seems to work s a lot better on higher procrate effects like meta / setbonuses. The 0.5 RPPM stuff's protection doesn't ramp up fast enough that's all. Hopefully something that will be ironed out for next tier

Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2013-04-19 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    ohh I thought that I was only one with worst trinket proc luck ever lol. My trinkets uptimes has never reached over 10% on lei shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    err i linked wrong.. it's Wastewalker's Sandblasted Drape.. H TF.. would pinion still be better ? And the only reason i'm hesitant about voice is that insane amount of hit.. which I take in place of straight crit.. oh also i have beady eye mastery (522).. is that in any way an upgrade from powderburn (valor) ? i lose a lot of crit with those new pieces..
    Honestly, I don't know.

This is exactly why I'm saying the haste trinket is better than juju. I had data, but I just couldn't find it again when I posted yet this re-affirms it from that log above. The uptime for 1-2 stacks is generally 95-100% and 5 stacks is around 20-30% of the fight. And man that trinket goes nuts with focus fire + rapid + lust + trinket proc (usually start of fight scenario). And if we are correct about haste increasing RPPM chance, then the bloodlust trinket will help 2 set, meta and slightly 4 set.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-04-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    This is exactly why I'm saying the haste trinket is better than juju. I had data, but I just couldn't find it again when I posted yet this re-affirms it from that log above. The uptime for 1-2 stacks is generally 95-100% and 5 stacks is around 20-30% of the fight. And man that trinket goes nuts with focus fire + rapid + lust + trinket proc (usually start of fight scenario). And if we are correct about haste increasing RPPM chance, then the bloodlust trinket will help 2 set, meta and slightly 4 set.
    Yes, one anecdotal log proves that a haste trinket is better. So I assume we can just dismiss all the sub 30-50% uptimes that you can get with bad juju and use one bad luck streak as the ultimate decider. The talisman of bloodlust is also subject to those same laws of probability. If haste is that much better then we can just reforge for it and still have more agility from bad juju. Oh and btw even with that bad luck proc steak that dela had with the H version with that uptime it still was worth more agility than H thunderforged version of the talisman of bloodlust. 22.9% uptime * 8279 agi proc = 1895.891 agi. The H thunderforged talismam of bloodlust has 1752 agility.

What do you mean if we are correct? Blizzard said that haste increases the real ppm rate and told us exactly how it increased the rate. It is linear, it's
    Real PPM rate * (1 + haste % [i.e 1 + 30% = 1.30])