Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you can use all of that expertise without going over 7.5%, use Soul Charm.

15+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't use Ra-den loot as it's not likely most people will see some of it let alone all of it.

The offset Gloves that I have listed seems changed from wowhead i'll correct it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    This is the same BiS List in Normal Mode ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloraqz View Post
    This is the same BiS List in Normal Mode ?
    Basically, Some will argue that the Renatakis is better but I have yet to find a way to utilize all that extra expertise so to each their own. Gloves imo are still the best offset piece just based on the sockets.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Gloves imo are still the best offset piece just based on the sockets.
    I would disagree in that the Fusion Slash Chestguard would provide more stat valuation than the Gloves of Cushioned Air or Grips of Vampiric Cruelty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I would disagree in that the Fusion Slash Chestguard would provide more stat valuation than the Gloves of Cushioned Air or Grips of Vampiric Cruelty.
    Only if you have weapons that have Expertise or Hit otherwise the gloves provide the highest output. It also depends if you have a rune or not as double sockets for secondary stats is by far more valuable then static agility. On top of that the chest piece is awful because now you lose all the expertise you need for the BiS set to make sense.

BiS lists are always base case scenario and if you have all the items listed and use Zephyrus it will yield the highest output.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-07-14 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    By a Hair's worth. Secondary stats with the rune is ~2.1 DPS each (outside the 1.01>1.00>1.00 stat differential) compared to ~2.0 value for Agility. Agility is still useful for AP and Crit. So going after Agility Socket bonus isn't that bad.

And Due to the lack of Exp in the chest, makes Rentaki a viable option for trinket. Rentaki and Bad Juju are about even and really depends on the other stats.

By a Hair's worth. Secondary stats with the rune is ~2.1 DPS each (outside the 1.01>1.00>1.00 stat differential) compared to ~2.0 value for Agility. Agility is still useful for AP and Crit. So going after Agility Socket bonus isn't that bad.

And Due to the lack of Exp in the chest, makes Rentaki a viable option for trinket. Rentaki and Bad Juju are about even and really depends on the other stats.
    Yeah but then you gain the expertise from the gloves :/ while it's not as much Renataki's just has sooo much

I'm a bit late to say this, but (thunderforged) lightning-eye hood is the best off piece for going into next tier.

The reason it beats the gloves of cushioned air (which have the bonus of an extra socket) are because it has a socket bonus of 180 agi instead of the 180 crit the tier helm has, and because since your offpiece is 6 ilvls higher (thunderforged), and since helms/chests/legs have more stats on them than gloves/shoulders, it is advantageous to have a helm/chest/leg offpiece.

Comparing tiergloves+lightninghood versus tierhelm+cushioned, with the lightning-eye hood you gain 11 armor, 40 stamina and 228 agility but lose 382 secondary stats. Here is a wowhead comparison http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....76700.0.0.0.2 .

The only problem is with the hood you have to deal with added expertise from using the gloves. This might be a problem depending on the rest of your gear. The good news though is you drop tons of hit rating.
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-08-17 at 01:30 PM.
    WW Monk - Janxspirit @ US-Illidan
    [20:14:20.744] Janxspirit Rising Sun Kick Horridon *3,374,517* - MEGADAMAGE

15+ Year Old Account
    Goal for generating BiS T16 list.

• Maximizing Red Sockets.
    • Minimizing Hit & Expertise overages.
    • Minimizing lowest secondary stat.

Still working on trinkets trying to get a little more testing done both on PTR and through simcraft.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-08-19 at 08:20 PM.

The T16 brm legs really better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aros230 View Post
    The T16 brm legs really better?
    Stats and everything for the leggings were correct I just managed to mess up the link which is corrected now.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-08-19 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    • Minimizing Hit & Expertise overages.
    • Minimizing lowest secondary stat.
    While i get these goals, they seem to lead to 0 hit items and only 1 (I think?) expertise item on your list. Might not be a bad thing (lacking the math to check this on my phone properly), but you pick a few haste/mastery items where there are crit options as well that could be picked w/o leading to an overdose of expertise or hit (to which you're now reforging).

For example, wouldn't the Crit/Exp boots from Galakres be a better option?
    Also, why not take the Tier head (as it's crit/mastery?)
    There's also a hit/crit ring if I'm not mistaken from Norushen, not sure about sockets there tho.

Feel free to utterly shut my questions down with the underlying math btw, just figured i'd ask while you're working on it as I just saw your bumped list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    While i get these goals, they seem to lead to 0 hit items and only 1 (I think?) expertise item on your list. Might not be a bad thing (lacking the math to check this on my phone properly), but you pick a few haste/mastery items where there are crit options as well that could be picked w/o leading to an overdose of expertise or hit (to which you're now reforging).

For example, wouldn't the Crit/Exp boots from Galakres be a better option?
    Also, why not take the Tier head (as it's crit/mastery?)
    There's also a hit/crit ring if I'm not mistaken from Norushen, not sure about sockets there tho.

Feel free to utterly shut my questions down with the underlying math btw, just figured i'd ask while you're working on it as I just saw your bumped list.
    To be perfectly honest this tier has more flexibility in gear than I have ever seen with any class. Sure you could take the Hit/Exp gear and replace Haste/Crit/Mastery items you don't gain or lose value unless you are choosing to keep lower budget items.

The reason for the offset Head is dumping Mastery while only suffering the smallest gem change, Chest 3 Red, Shoulders 2 Red Gems, Gloves 2 Red Gems & Helm 1 Red. It also has the lowest secondary stat with Mastery while the replacement helm has the 2 highest secondary stats in Crit & Haste. the other viable offset piece is the Chest, You could pickup the brm chest instead with Haste & Crit on it instead of the WW chest with Mastery and Crit.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-08-19 at 11:29 PM.

So beyond the occasional swap for the cleave trinkets on aoe fights, whats to be done about our second trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    So beyond the occasional swap for the cleave trinkets on aoe fights, whats to be done about our second trinket?
    There are four options for trinkets if i'm not mistaken (cba to look up the names)

- CD reduction trinket
    - Cleave trinket
    - Multistrike trinket
    - Agi proc trinket

The first trinket doesn't seem to be that strong: We don't rely on many cooldowns. In short: Not a great option.

The cleave trinket is only useful for... well... cleaving. Might be good in some situations though (AoE?) but in those cases it's likely that the multistrike trinket won't be that far behind, and THAT will be useful on singletarget fights as well.

The agi proc trinket is straightforward but solid, so I think the default build we'll be aiming for will be Multistrike + Agi proc trinkets, with (if possible) the cleave one on the side if we want to do massive AoE damage.

Edit: I dreamt up some stuff about Xuen aparantly.
    Last edited by Callypso; 2013-08-20 at 05:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another option is to get Thok's Tail Tip. The secondary stats and the Crit bonus damage is not something to sneeze at. However due to the fact that it only procs Strength maybe a deterrent (Strength only provides 1 AP per Strength) but something to look at if you are having lousy luck with trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another option is to get Thok's Tail Tip. The secondary stats and the Crit bonus damage is not something to sneeze at. However due to the fact that it only procs Strength maybe a deterrent (Strength only provides 1 AP per Strength) but something to look at if you are having lousy luck with trinkets.
    Except, every str user will want Thok's, so it'd be much, much easier for us to get one of the agi trinkets - especially with the chance to coin an agi trinket (which is precisely what I am hoping for, gg).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    I've been doing a lot of testing on PTR I'm still really trying to get a full value on trinkets and I'll have a little better values soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to add that speaking with other monks that are also raid testing at a high level, CDR is proving to be very, very valuable due to how it reduces the amount of haste we need and the greater amount of FoFs and EBs that we can fit in (SoO itself is proving to have several fights where a very skilled player can fit FoF into nearly every fight, other than Dark Shaman (at which point we may want to grab a different trinket for that fight specifically).