Thread: Arcane Mages

Arcane Mages

Did about 5 rbg's in a group with this one Arcane Mage (first one i have seen since MoP), full malv with about 1/2 upgrades...and he was tearing shit up left and right, thru all the Bg's i think he went like 60 something with 2 deaths. Are they really that crazy dmg? if so, why dont i see more of them? Does it not have the control that frost does or the mobility of fire? Just a curious thought

15+ Year Old Account
    They are single target turrets, but yes - if they are left in the back of a BG to tunnel people... no other class can come close to their pressure/damage right now. Because they have to spam Arcane Blast, their usefulness in RBGs / Arenas is greatly limited / non-existent. Especcially because rbg/arena players will have gladius/battlegroundtargets - and see the Arcane symbol - and know to lololol-sit-on-the-mage-to-win.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    On the PTR their damage is INSANE. Fortunately blizzard recognized it and reduced their damage by about 40%~ with full stacks.

Deleted
    Horrible defense. Good players will just tunnel them into oblivion. Also why bring a mage when you can bring a moonkin and it's instant "solar beam + ursols vortex" I win combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    On the PTR their damage is INSANE. Fortunately blizzard recognized it and reduced their damage by about 40%~ with full stacks.
    Luckily I only met one on PTR, but he was running around killing people with just one cast of arcane missiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane is worthless unless you're able to freecast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Luckily I only met one on PTR, but he was running around killing people with just one cast of arcane missiles.
    With the new Invocation change, they just spam Arcane Blast then back off to chain cast Evocation. The only downside is that they're super duper squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    With the new Invocation change, they just spam Arcane Blast then back off to chain cast Evocation. The only downside is that they're super duper squishy.
    If you let them freecast, you deserve to die. Arcane mages are severely immobile and very easy to lock down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.