Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Season 12 Malevolent 491 vs Season 13 Malevolent 478 (Not fair for Catch-Up)

Explain to me how people are going to be able to 'catch up' in season 13. The new honor purchasable gear, Malevolent season 13 gear, has a ilvl of 476, and is weaker than the current conquest Malevolent gear ilvl 483. Anyone who puts time into pvp will have 2/2 Malevolent upgraded gear, ilvl491 for the start of season 13. Again how is that fair for people who are re-rolling/ getting back into the game.

Shouldn't Malevolent season 13 honor gear be better than Malevolent season 12?!?!
    Last edited by whiskeycoke; 2013-02-14 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeycoke View Post
    Shouldn't Malevolent season 13 honor gear be better than Malevolent season 12?!?!
    No, it should not be better. The honor gear should be the same as S12 Malevolent ilvl.

Pretty sure they are doing it so you can't buy honor pvp gear to get into LFR. They supposedly have higher base pvp power and resil to compensate for the ilvl difference (someone less lazy is free to verify), but it's still a baseline loss of stam if nothing else. Still a valid point for 476 vs. the double upgraded set though. Pretty large difference at higher ratings.

Deleted
    Why in fucks name is everyone so concerned about the ilvl ? for real man there is more PVP POWER AND PVP RES on those items! Wich means more DMG/HEALING! Damn i am freaking pissed that my 2/2 mal gear has LES PvP power then the new shit 478 ilvl Honor gear.

Geez, just look at the items. The item level is super low so you can't cheeze PvE queues.

491 DK Chest
    995 STR
    1751 STAM
    606 Crit
    778 Haste
    466 PvP Power/Res

476 DK Chest
    855 STR
    1522 STAM
    517 Crit
    677 Haste
    536 PvP Power/Res

The difference in performance between the two is pretty much negligible. The 491 piece has more stam but less resilience. The 491 piece has more str and secondary stats but less power. Educate yourself before you call the whaambulance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me how people are going to be able to 'catch up' in season 13. The new honor purchasable gear, Malevolent season 13 gear, has a ilvl of 478, and is weaker than the current conquest Malevolent gear ilvl 483. Anyone who puts time into pvp will have 2/2 Malevolent upgraded gear, ilvl491 for the start of season 13. Again how is that fair for people who are re-rolling/ getting back into the game.

i love the part where you don't know what you are talking about

just in case you missed the facts here they are again

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The Patch 5.2 Malevolent gear may have more PvP power and Resilience, but Patch 5.1 Malevolent gear has higher Item levels and as such stats. To have more clarity on this you can read the below comparisons:

5.1 Malevolent Gear has a higher ilevel than 5.2 Malevolent Gear.
    5.2 Malevolent Gear has more PvP Power/Resilience than 5.1 Malevolent Gear.
    5.1 Malevolent Gear
    483 ilevel (491 with 2/2 upgrades)
    ~30 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
    5.2 Malevolent Gear
    476 ilevel
    ~36 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience

In the end, the effective Ilvl of patch 5.2 and 5.1 Malevolent gear puts them at about equal. The reason for lowering the item level and increasing the PvP stats for the 5.2 version of Malevolent gear is because we want players to run 5.0 LFR, this means that the Ilvl of honor gear needs to be lower than the entry requirement of 483. The result of this was lowering the Ilvl (stats) of the gear, but increasing it's PvP power and resilience to compensate. That difference in power you feel is going to be extremely prominent, is actually quite minor.
    That means the damage you would do stays the same but you won't be able to cheese your way into 5.2 LFR with PVP gear aka it is not weaker

Yes those that upgraded their Malevolent will be a tad stronger...just like they are now....so really nothing changes? Except you can now play catch-up with the CP and you know get gear easier

you should read OP before jumping to conclusions

It really should be closer than 476... but blizzard's argument is that they don't want LFR ilvl to be cheesed or whatever. Stupid, I know. They don't care about the spirit of competition though. If they really wanted to, they could just make the new PVP items not count towards your ilvl for two weeks or something.

483 = 476. I don't see the issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    483 = 476. I don't see the issue here.
    483 = 476 < 491

Deleted
    People worked to get the 491 gear, so why exactly should their effort be negated in a heartbeat when PvE people get to keep their heroic gear advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    People worked to get the 491 gear, so why exactly should their effort be negated in a heartbeat when PvE people get to keep their heroic gear advantage?
    Normal Throne of Thunder drops gear at a higher ilvl than Heroic ToES and Heroic Heart of Fear, even when that gear is fully upgraded.

Oh and there are no numbers between 476 and 491, you're totally right.

The gear is also just basically handed to you on a silver platter with no work whatsoever, right?

Exactly how big % of all players in bgs/arenas/rbgs etc do actually have a full 491 set?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Normal Throne of Thunder drops gear at a higher ilvl than Heroic ToES and Heroic Heart of Fear, even when that gear is fully upgraded.

The gear is also just basically handed to you on a silver platter with no work whatsoever, right?
    The 476 gear is handed to you on a silver platter for that matter. The thing is that the people having raided heroic do have better items and thus an advantage when starting into the new raid, they are rewarded for their efforts and so are the people with T2/491 gear. The season was long enough to get said gear, if you weren't a lazy bum.

Most of the full 491 win traded. That's not to say SOME people earned it legit. Anyways, there is not reason why 491 should be better than the NEW 476 gear. It's a NEW fresh season, were everyone should start off on the SAME foot. If you have skill you should have no problem beating people with the same gear. So sick of 2200+ people bitching about how they are losing gear. How about you compete against other people without an advantage.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 476 gear is handed to you on a silver platter for that matter. The thing is that the people having raided heroic do have better items and thus an advantage when starting into the new raid, they are rewarded for their efforts and so are the people with T2/491 gear. The season was long enough to get said gear, if you weren't a lazy bum.
    Starting late =/= lazy bum, lol. Blizzard needs to realize people are still going to use honor epics to get into 5.2 LFR, it doesn't matter. They will fill in crappy spots from 5.0 pve gear with honor gear. They should just make the honor gear 483 and have tech that doesn't allow you in with certain amounts of pvp power or something.

Deleted
    Most of the full 491 win traded. That's not to say SOME people earned it legit. Anyways, there is not reason why 491 should be better than the NEW 476 gear. It's a NEW fresh season, were everyone should start off on the SAME foot. If you have skill you should have no problem beating people with the same gear. So sick of 2200+ people bitching about how they are losing gear. How about you compete against other people without an advantage.
    Most did not wintrade, in fact wintrading was very much not needed to get 491 gear. I missed a few weeks and still easily completed my gear a few weeks ago. You just have to increase your weekly max cap. That being said, just because it is a new season doesn't mean the effort people put into it should be negated. Otherwise a vendor should sell gear as high as the current heroic raid gear for the lower PvE points aswell, so that everyone can start progress on equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Starting late =/= lazy bum, lol. Blizzard needs to realize people are still going to use honor epics to get into 5.2 LFR, it doesn't matter. They will fill in crappy spots from 5.0 pve gear with honor gear. They should just make the honor gear 483 and have tech that doesn't allow you in with certain amounts of pvp power or something.
    Problem about your solution is that they want PvP gear to be viable in PvE. They merely don't want you to bypass the gear grind and catch up in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post

I don't think you really know what you are talking about.

The 476 can be farmed in one day. You can't compare normal mode new raids to farmable loot.

491 has an advantage over 476
    524/517(heroic raiders) have an advantage over 483/496 and even new 502 lfr loot.
    522 normal raids can't be farmed, 476 loot can be farmed.
    You have to compare the honor with the lfr loot, that means that its going to be about the same. The players that spent time last patch will be a bit stronger(for a bit)
    ?????

It's only there to stop people from getting into LFR with pvp gear.

as somebody who was planning on switching mains for 5.2 I am struggling to see this myself.

Just grinded out AV weekend to get a full set of blue gear to get me started. and ill do it again when 5.2 comes out, but it seems silly that after all that.. it wont compete with my main (full upgraded malv and t2 weps).. so even when i get full malv. and tyranical t1 wep.. it wont be as strong as my old char? seems ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    as somebody who was planning on switching mains for 5.2 I am struggling to see this myself.

Just grinded out AV weekend to get a full set of blue gear to get me started. and ill do it again when 5.2 comes out, but it seems silly that after all that.. it wont compete with my main (full upgraded malv and t2 weps).. so even when i get full malv. and tyranical t1 wep.. it wont be as strong as my old char? seems ludicrous.
    wait, You're joking? Right?

I sure hope so; A fully upgraded Malv with T2 weapons should ABSOLUTELY be better than someone in full mal from honor in the next season.