Deleted

Does Anti-Piracy push people to Piracy?

Greetings,

I've recently had some trouble with the anti-piracy encryption on some newer Blu-Rays which made them 'unplayable' and the recommend solution was to spend more $$$ and upgrade my playback software. After facepalming for a little while I managed to resolve the issue (for free) but I just couldn't escape how retarded the whole situation felt...

This got me thinking to certain other aspects that come with retail dvds/blurays which seem to be specifically designed to piss people off. Whether it be an unavoidable advert at the start of the dvd to not being able to pause the film because an elaborate display comes up which can causes the whole thing to malfunction (Universal Pictures lol...).

There's also the issue that some tv broadcasters and networks often protect their work to the point where it's not only difficult but very inconvenient to try and watch their programmes legitimately. Case in point; Game of Thrones.

So I guess my question is:

Ignoring cost entirely, do you ever pirate things because it's easier or a better service?

Cheers,
    News

Hello!
    I'm sorry, but the question you pose is not in line with forum guidelines; Asking a question where users would admit piracy is a big no-no.

I'm sorry, I hope you understand.
    Thread closed.