Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Progress - Weight loss!

New years is finally well past us and I hope people have been sticking to their resolutions!

I was 13st.6lbs

I am now 12st.7lbs

Slow progress and I still get to eat the food I love - I just control my portion sizes more effectively. I also have one cheat day a week where I have something sweet, usually some chocolate, but I don't binge when I cheat; I think this is key to successfully and gradually dropping the pounds. I'm biking around 3 miles a day too, which really helps I think.

How about everyone else?

Gamebetter

How tall are you, it could be just that I'm fat (and I am) but losing weight at 13st doesn't seem right.

OT: Dieting is silly - changing your lifestyle is a better idea. So yeah, I agree with you.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-02-14 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    1 stone in 1 1/2 months? not bad Congratulations. Care to share your exercise routine and diet?

Wtf is 13st6 pounds? Can you use like the metric system or something that I can understand lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wtf is 13st6 pounds? Can you use like the metric system or something that I can understand lol.
    A stone is 14 lbs or about 6.3 kg. Those silly Brits (says the guy from a country that clings to imperial units, ugh).

That means OP went from like 188 pounds to 175 pounds.

Not really that overweight compared to others, but nonetheless congrats OP and make sure to keep it up.

Deleted
    I control my weight, only eat to 2 times mainly, lunch and dinner. Rest I just drink water mostly

Deleted
    Sorry about this one - it was a double post, if a mod could remove this one that would be great,
    Last edited by mmoc7460b58ccc; 2013-02-15 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling, double-post

That means OP went from like 188 pounds to 175 pounds.
    13 pounds in one month is quite a bit of weight loss, assuming it's not some product of surgery or severe dehydration.

Honestly it seems a little unreal to lose 13 pounds in one month lol. At least, for someone who isn't really that overweight. Dropping from like 500 to 487 is one thing, but 188 to 175 is different. Also, with a a cheat day each week with CHOCOLATE of all things lol.

I'm not saying its not impossible, especially with the amount of exercise and diet the OP is already doing, but damn, that's pretty crazy. I'm not really sure how far 3 miles of biking is but it doesn't seem like that much tbh.

Anyway, once again congrats OP.

Honestly it seems a little unreal to lose 13 pounds in one month lol. At least, for someone who isn't really that overweight. Dropping from like 500 to 487 is one thing, but 188 to 175 is different. Also, with a a cheat day each week with CHOCOLATE of all things lol.

I'm not saying its not impossible, especially with the amount of exercise and diet the OP is already doing, but damn, that's pretty crazy. I'm not really sure how far 3 miles of biking is but it doesn't seem like that much tbh.

Anyway, once again congrats OP.
    I can lose 10 lbs in 1 day. If he was bloated when he did the first measurement and absolutely empty and dehydrated when he did the second, he may not have lost any fat what so ever. I would wager he lost around 5-6 lbs of fat, 1-2 lbs of lean body mass, and the rest is water.

You can lose weight by "eating what you love" but it's not going to be in a very healthy manner. 1 piece of chocalate every now and then is no problem but eating a pizza after a workout or only having 2 meals a day will not be healthy. I seriously dislike people acting like you can eat whatever you want and live healthy it just isn't possible specially not without exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    You can lose weight by "eating what you love" but it's not going to be in a very healthy manner. 1 piece of chocalate every now and then is no problem but eating a pizza after a workout or only having 2 meals a day will not be healthy. I seriously dislike people acting like you can eat whatever you want and live healthy it just isn't possible specially not without exercising.
    You can be healthy eating 1 meal a day. Your body can store micro and macro nutrients for at least 24 hours until they are needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    13 pounds in one month is quite a bit of weight loss, assuming it's not some product of surgery or severe dehydration.
    Its possible, water weight. But since he wasnt really overweight he probably starved himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebetter View Post
    I'm biking around 3 miles a day too
    I'm not really sure how far 3 miles of biking is but it doesn't seem like that much tbh.
    Rofl so I just went on the bike myself...I went twice, 30 minutes each time. (I took like a 10 minute break in between.) First time was 13.66 km (421 calories) and second time was 14.01 km (431 calories).

1 mile is 1.6 kilometers so...the 30 minute minute sessions were 8.5 and 8.75 miles. Uhm. 3 miles really doesn't seem like that much at all in comparison lol. (And I think he's eating consciously, but I don't really think he's starving himself.)

I'm not saying all this to belittle the OP or question how true his words are or brag myself, I just want to find out how this guy is losing so much weight with seemingly little effort.

Edit: Of course, this is barring that he miscalculated his weight (weighing at different times of day or after eating/drinking or whatever).
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-02-16 at 06:15 PM.

I'm down 20lbs since Thanksgiving. Not as quick as I'd like but a lot came off quick and I kind of plateaued.
    Using the Lose It! app on my Iphone. It's a great tool that is pretty effective. Exercise has been limited to the Wii and shoveling my driveway like 3x a week!
    Getting myself a bike once spring hits and hopefully will continue seeing results!

Good luck to everyone that is trying!

Deleted
    I weigh myself in the morning every couple of weeks and always the morning - your stomach is most empty then - granted I imagine my progress will slow down now due to the incoming plateau; perhaps I have made a mis-calculation somwhere and if so - you have my apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamebetter View Post
    I weigh myself in the morning every couple of weeks and always the morning - your stomach is most empty then - granted I imagine my progress will slow down now due to the incoming plateau; perhaps I have made a mis-calculation somwhere and if so - you have my apologies.
    You do realise that your weight fluctuates every single day right?

13 pounds in a month isn't that huge.
    When you cut sodas/sodium out of your diet (not all sodium, just a huge portion, basically stop taking in excess salt) and drink pure water for a week, you'll likely drop 13 pounds with ease. I did it in a week when I started working out. It's just losing excess water weight, if you watch The Biggest Loser, it happens to them too in the first week.

Weighing yourself in the morning because your stomach is empty is silly. Your stomach may be empty, but your bowels are not.
    Weighting yourself in the morning is good, but you drop about 2 pounds of water and whatnot at night time. That's why you come in at less weight.

On chocolate: those who increase chocolate in moderation have actually shown to have less fat on their body than those who don't.
    Or something like that.
    Basically dark chocolate in moderation can help burn fat. It does something weird to your body, I don't feel like looking for the study right now.

And, having a cheat meal every day isn't that bad, I lose weight eating candy or ice cream every day. A pint of ice cream, even.
    The human body is built to have less fat on their body, your body will burn fat with ease if you just watch how much you eat and exercise a little.
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2013-02-18 at 10:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grats man!

I've went from 134kg to 126kg since the the start of the 2nd week of January.
    Lost first 5kg really fast (in a bit less than 2 weeks) and ever since been steadily losing around 1kg per week.

I could probably lose a bit more if I did more cardio and less gym, though I'm starting to get good results in the gym as well. My upper-body is starting to look more fit now (or well, upwards from my belly at least ). Feels great to be able to lift something again after my 2 year gym-break.

Currently going to the gym 3 times a week (around 2 hours per workout) and doing a bit over 1 hour of cardio twice a week.

Hopefully I'll be back to my ideal weight of around 105-110kg by June! 16 more kg's to go

My diet is mainly chicken, fish and vegetables with a tiny bit of dark bread/rice on the side. Cottage cheese+pineapple and fat-free quark for snacks. Very little carbs and many proteins :P