Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ulduars arms achievement

How to exactly do that achievement? All my raids have failed at it.

Achievement says that hands and rest of the boss need to be killed in 12 seconds. Does that really mean that whole boss engagement cant last more than 12 seconds?? That requires some insane dps

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    How to exactly do that achievement? All my raids have failed at it.

Achievement says that hands and rest of the boss need to be killed in 12 seconds. Does that really mean that whole boss engagement cant last more than 12 seconds?? That requires some insane dps
    arms and body have to die within 12 seconds of each other.

So arm dies (body takes damage)
    Arm dies (body takes damage)
    Body dies

so from when the first arm dies (doesn't have to be the first time in the fight, just it dying) until the torso dies, you have 12 seconds.

The damage that the arm does to the torso when it dies cannot be the killing blow to the torso or you won't get the achievement (unless they changed it).

Deleted
    So torso need to be taken as low hp as possible, then switch to arms and then kill the torso?

Get the body down to roughly 75% of the health of both arms combined, get both arms to around 15% or as low as you can, Then kill the arms and he dies. Profit.

Side note: I did this with an arm dying being a killing blow and got the achievement about a two months ago.

The arms respawn.

Kill the arms.
    Burn the body down.

HOWEVER - the body has to have enough health to live through 1 Arm death. (I think it's 3%?)

Anyways, so you burn him down.
    Arms respawn.
    Bring the arms down together.
    Blow up one arm. Body takes damage
    Blow up second arm. Hopefully body dies.
    If not, burn the body ASAP.

So torso need to be taken as low hp as possible, then switch to arms and then kill the torso?
    No, this will guarantee a fail. When the arms die, they deal damage to the body equal to their own maximum health (I believe it's 15% of the boss's maximum health). You need to get the torso's health between X and 2X, where X is the max health of an arm. Destroy both arms at about the same time and the boss will keel over dead without any further damage. If his health gets below X then the first arm that's destroyed will kill him as well, before the other arm can die, and you'll miss it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    HOWEVER - the body has to have enough health to live through 1 Arm death. (I think it's 3%?)
    It's 15%. You're probably thinking Garalon and his legs

In any case OP, even if my percentage is off, it's damage equal to their maximum health, I know for sure.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    The damage that the arm does to the torso when it dies cannot be the killing blow to the torso or you won't get the achievement (unless they changed it).
    If the FIRST arm you kill kills the body then you won't get it. If you kill one arm, then the other and the second kills him, that's fine.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2013-02-14 at 08:32 PM.

Drop him to around 35%, kill arms (should take him down to about 5%), then kill torso.

Careful with the AoE / multi-targetting.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    No, this will guarantee a fail. When the arms die, they deal damage to the body equal to their own maximum health (I believe it's 15%). You need to get the torso's health between X and 2X, where X is the max health of an arm. Destroy both arms at about the same time and the boss will keel over dead without any further damage. If his health gets below X then the first arm that's destroyed will kill him as well, before the other arm can die, and you'll miss it.

If the FIRST arm you kill kills the body then you won't get it. If you kill one arm, then the other and the second kills him, that's fine.
    Just want to repeat this, since someone said otherwise above. Killing the second arm and causing the boss to die is fine.

So target the boss only, take it down to 30% health, then kill both arms.

Wow at the misinformation in this thread.

The arms account for 30% of the over all health of the torso.

Dps the torso down to below 30% to around 25% - split groups on both arms. Down both arms at the same time and the torso automatically dies.

Source: I've ran this raid well over 100 times over the years.

Deleted
    so 35% torso then arms?

so 35% torso then arms?
    Below 30% on the torso, then down the arms at the same time.

so 35% torso then arms?
    Below 30 (but not below 15) would be safer.

Deleted
    arms at the same time? how are we supposed to even sync those arms to die simultaenously? also people said that if first arm causes boss to die then no achievement

arms at the same time? how are we supposed to even sync those arms to die simultaenously?
    You have a 12 window of synchronization, and they have like 500K apiece on 10man, maybe 1.5M on 25. If you have few people, you should be able to control your dps fairly easily. People should have the brains to stop dps if the other arm isn't low until they are told to resume. If you have many people, then you should be able to kill the second arm within 12 seconds of the death of the first with no problem.

also people said that if first arm causes boss to die then no achievement
    This is true, and the death of either arm causes 15% damage to the boss. If he is high enough to survive that first arm, then you won't fail the achievement because of this. That's why you keep him above 15%.

Err on the side of keeping his health high. Once he's even 1HP below 30%, the death of both arms will kill him and get you your achievement. There's no need to push him to 16% or 20% or anything.

Deleted
    I still dont think its possible in practise to get those hands killed precisely at the same time. Other hand surely dies before another.

also two hands dying simultaneously would result in achievement failure because then the another arm kills the boss

30% hp for boss should be enough if one hand does 15% damage, 15*2=30
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-02-14 at 09:24 PM.

I still dont think its possible in practise to get those hands killed precisely at the same time. Other hand surely dies before another.

also two hands dying simultaneously would result in achievement failure because then the another arm kills the boss
    ...not sure if serious.

the arms can die at different times.
    they have to die within 12 seconds of each other (and the boss as well).
    the arms can kill the boss.

Deleted
    bring torso between 16-29% hp and then kill both arms with in 12 sec and you should get your achievement.

Of course, if you're talking "at 90, with a (mostly) full group of decent DPS" it's basically zergable. Heroism -> Cooldowns -> One person assigned to kill each arm while the rest of the raid zergs the body. It's hard NOT to get the achievement now doing it that way. Overthinking it is more likely to screw you up than just blowing everything on him.

Deleted
    Cant get achie if you have one dude per arm while others zerg the boss... probably results in torso dying before everything else

They have to die WITHIN 12 SECONDS of each other, not the exact microsecond. I just answered this above.

If you're still not getting this then just take our word for it or keep him over 30%.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:46 PM ----------

Cant get achie if you have one dude per arm while others zerg the boss... probably results in torso dying before everything else
    Yes, you're going to have to adapt as the fight progresses. Honestly if you're unable to do this you should probably just get someone else to lead.