Sinister Primal Diamond BIS Caster PvP meta gem

Sinister Primal Diamond- +324 crit. 30% spell haste for 10 seconds. .84 RPPM.

I believe this gem will far out stripe the new PvP meat gem given the state of burst.
    Below is my math for average up time and stat gain

• 60/.84 = 71.43 seconds for each proc
    • 10/71.43 = 14% average up time
    • 30*14% = 4.2% average haste percent gain
    • 4.2%*425 = 1785 average haste rating gain

So on average this gem gives 324 crit and 1785 haste. Now I know some times the proc will be useless. ie you get CCed. Other times it will be golden. ie procs when bursting. This is only meant to show the statistical average.

Tyrannical Primal Diamond- +665 pvp power and +775 pvp res
    This gem is in no way bad and power, res are more useful in pvp.

However all stats listed are secondary and consider that
    • 665+775=1440
    • 324+1785=2109

The stat gain on the PvE gem seem much better than the PvP gem considering it is also burst stats. I believe this will be a superior caster pvp gem especially for dot casters. Welcome back to raiding boys.

Suggested Solution: Buff PvP gem stats by 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go around by buffing the PvP gem, I'd just change the PvE gem not to proc when dealing damage to other players....
    The only 3 speces I really see where this PvE gem can be a trouble are affliction warlocks, shadow priests and fire mages.

I don't think so, it's not gonna be bad by any means, but resilience>everything and power>int>>>secondary stats so I really think you should just go for pvp stats

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although it might be better in some cases I don't think the difference is worth raiding for. 775 resil is a lot!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

For RBGs, probably. Even if we were to have Dragonwrath nowinstead of during Cata, it would probably work out to be more beneficial for Spellcleave RBG teams to stack them rather than PvP Power weapons. Same goes for this, for the relatively low drop of 665 PvP Power and 775 Resi in exchange for a mini-heroism every team battle? I can see it being fairly strong, but for general RBGs and Arena I'm gonna bet that the PvP Meta will trump it.

Legendary gems can only be usable on helms dropped by dragon's death (ie dragonslayer helms).

there you go there's the fix...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinister Primal Diamond can only be fitted into items with a 502 ilv or higher. What is the ilv on tyrannical gear?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Just make the tyrannical meta gem have like 5000 pvp resilience or something ridicolous like that.
    Using the pve-meta gives you a little dps boost but you will be squishy as hell for not taking the pvp-meta.

Problem solved