Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sha of fear kill to enter throne of thunder

i was wondering do you need a Sha of fear kill to enter the Throne of thunder raid?
    some people ar saying you need to clear it first before being able to enter the new raid in 5.2 but they can't seem to find the blue post again.

As far as Ive seen there is no requirement to enter the throne of thunder.

No, that was only for 5.0 raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said no. There is no pre-req.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They said no. There is no pre-req.
    if so can you give me a link?
    just so mine guild knows for sure Thanks

I would actually love that. It would make older content a stepping stone and not just forgotten. I dont think however that there is such a restriction. Chances are, if you havent been able to clear terrace, you wont be able to down anything in throne considering the ilvl gear you can get from throne lfr. If you can have full patch 5.1 heroic gear ilvl through doing the new lfr, you can only imagine the dps/healing/tank requirements to down the new raid content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    I would actually love that. It would make older content a stepping stone and not just forgotten.
    Agreed, they should quickly change TTK to require it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Agreed, they should quickly change TTK to require it.
    And make guild recruitment, which is already hard enough, even harder? No thanks. I remember BC. That was not fun...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by barutu View Post
    if so can you give me a link?
    just so mine guild knows for sure Thanks
    I know there's a blue post but I'm lazy and don't wanna go get it.

Basically, there's no requirement, but if you don't have a certain iLevel when entering Throne, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I would actually love that. It would make older content a stepping stone and not just forgotten. I dont think however that there is such a restriction. Chances are, if you havent been able to clear terrace, you wont be able to down anything in throne considering the ilvl gear you can get from throne lfr. If you can have full patch 5.1 heroic gear ilvl through doing the new lfr, you can only imagine the dps/healing/tank requirements to down the new raid content.
    How would you easily get 480 average ilvl in order to enter Throne lfr without doing the old raid finders first?

They're already making it required you do the last tier in raids to get geared for the next raid.

If you don't do them and get geared before enterring Throne (I mean hell you even need a 480+ iLevel to enter Throne of Thunder LFR), as I said.

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I assume your still going to need a lei'shen kill to enter heroic though?

Even in 5.0 it was enough to kill empress in LFR to be able to enter terrace.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I assume your still going to need a lei'shen kill to enter heroic though?
    yes, last boss kill needed for the heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    And make guild recruitment, which is already hard enough, even harder? No thanks. I remember BC. That was not fun...
    Guild recruitment currently wouldn't be hard at all if you didn't make it hard on purpose. And it wouldn't take longer than an hour to run new recruits through normal TES anyway.
    Do something for your recruits, don't just expect them to do everything for you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    Even in 5.0 it was enough to kill empress in LFR to be able to enter terrace.
    That sounds like a glitch. I doubt they intended it to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Guild recruitment currently wouldn't be hard at all if you didn't make it hard on purpose. And it wouldn't take longer than an hour to run new recruits through normal TES anyway.
    Do something for your recruits, don't just expect them to do everything for you.
    An hour I could spend pushing progression... They changed it from the BC model for a reason. It sucked. Gear from the previous tier is already needed, why add more road bllocks?
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    No, that was only for 5.0 raids.
    I don't think there was any pre-requisite for starting 5.0 raids either as far as normal/heroic goes.

LFR had a pre-requisite ilevel to enter there and the 5.2 raid will as well.

The idea that you have to kill Sha of Fear to even get into the next tier raid is terrible.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-15 at 12:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

All you have to do is pay Blizz $14.99 and you will see any boss you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I don't think there was any pre-requisite for starting 5.0 raids either as far as normal/heroic goes.
    I think they were referring to how ToES required someone in your raid to clear HoF before you could get in.

I would actually like that to be a feature and requirement, though I haven't heard of it being one (yet).
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    There's a difference these days, only the one needs to have done it. Before you personally had to have been everywhere.