Warlock Talent Selection Spreadsheet: Suggested Choices for Raiders

I made this originally with the intention of seeing what other people were going to take for a given fight but I decided to just complete it with the hope that it might make it easier for those who might not know which talents to take for a given fight a bit easier....a starting point essentially. (I am 15/16 Heroic and a parsing affliction warlock) This isn't some sort of mathematical spreadsheet and many of the choices will be an opinion outside of your tier 5 and 6 talents.

I hope this helps some warlocks out and if you have any feedback/comments/questions feel free to message me here or at my e-mail skitari@gmail.com.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5b1pCWHc#gid=3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im only 4/6 HoF and 1/6 HC, but i found unbound will to be very useful on wind lord. there isnt really much time when burning rush is useful ( i cant see you taking the GCD to activate it for wind bomb or corrosive resin thing) and not needing to be released is very handy.

i would also say dark bargain for any progress fight except blade lord where the extra HP from soul link is great just incase unseen strike doesnt hit quite enough people. all the plate/mail wearers survive but i always tended to die :/. for progress, popping DB is great any time healers start to fall behind because it allows the healing to go to others. but i agree, once its on farm soul link is much better.

and the biggest one is that GoSac on will of the emporor is wrong. supremacy is better because you just never cast MG really

i think it also depends on what your strat/job is during the fight

for instance:

on heroic will soul leech is def the better choice UNLESS you are soaking sparks... then dark regen is MUCH better (the bleed from dark regen can be pretty nasty if you're soaking 2 or 3 sparks at once)

on heroic wind lord unbound will is great UNLESS you are cc'ing the trappers... then there is no need for it at all and you can grab blood fear in case one of the cc's break or burning rush to get away from wind bombs faster

these are just examples, but lei shi and tsulong can also have a variety of talent choices depending on what your comp and strat is

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i would also say dark bargain for any progress fight except blade lord where the extra HP from soul link is great just incase unseen strike doesnt hit quite enough people. all the plate/mail wearers survive but i always tended to die :/. for progress, popping DB is great any time healers start to fall behind because it allows the healing to go to others. but i agree, once its on farm soul link is much better.
    I am finding sacrificial pact to be incredibly strong on a lot of progression, you just have to communicate with healers about its use and be mindful of your health before using it. On wind lord progression I would pop it right as he pulls us into p2 and it would last the duration, same with garalon. Twenty seconds of no damage taken is amazing if you plan your sacrifice accordingly. So long as your healers know not to use expensive heals on you after your health drops I don't see how dark bargain is better with the 3 minute cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump.

I'd like to see more input in this thread. For instance, what are other peoples experience with mannoroth's fury on amber shaper in hof, or tome of supremacy on will of the emperor in msv? I can see supremacy being worth it on will of the emperor, but is mannoroths fury really worth it for amber shaper?

Any other talent or glyph choices people have found useful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Bump.

I'd like to see more input in this thread. For instance, what are other peoples experience with mannoroth's fury on amber shaper in hof, or tome of supremacy on will of the emperor in msv? I can see supremacy being worth it on will of the emperor, but is mannoroths fury really worth it for amber shaper?

Your post would have been better without the "bump" part. We don't "bump" threads to get them back to the top of the board on this forum, especially not with threads that are 2 months away from being posted in, unless the topic is timeless/still current. We also require you to post something constructive to add to the discussion, and not just an empty "bump".

Since you meet both requirements, even if only just, I'll let it be. But please don't go around bumping threads randomly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Bump.

Mannoroth's Fury and Fire and Brimstone + Rain of Fire are almost too good while fighting Amber Shaper. (So maybe the nerf on the FnB is justified!).
    No idea about Mannoroth's Fury for Affliction though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Mannoroth's Fury and Fire and Brimstone + Rain of Fire are almost too good while fighting Amber Shaper. (So maybe the nerf on the FnB is justified!).
    No idea about Mannoroth's Fury for Affliction though.
    Feels mandatory so far. Doing progression on it right now on 25H, and the two of us AoEing (with almost half the raid smacking adds down) still hold a ~50k DPS lead over anyone else, from the extra shards and SoC/corr damage it provides. The shards especially for me, and the SoC damage for our other lock. Still trying to get him to focus on primary targets more ^_^.